SA2004 New York to Orlando:Wahington 95 or 295?

Old April 1st, 2004, 08:53 PM
Alan Burnstine

Default SA2004 New York to Orlando:Wahington 95 or 295?

"Christian" wrote in message
Hi all,

I try to setup the route from New York to Orlando using Street Atlas
2004. Between Baltimore and Washington, the map Street Atlas
application is choosing 295 as route and go to South of Washington
When I did the same think using Microsoft Streets&Trips or Mapquest
(web), the route was set 95, at North to Washington, and not 295.
I am not familiar with these routes.
Do you know why SA2004 suggest me to use 295? Even I do a via route on
95, the application go back to 295 at next exit.

I imagine that SA2004's database thinks that both I95 and 295 have 55 mph
speed limits, so the 295 would be a quicker route, where S&T may know that
the limit on 295 is 50mph for most of the way, and drops to 40mph inside the
DC beltway.

I would stick some no-ways on 295 as well as putting via's on 95.

Alan

Old April 1st, 2004, 09:25 PM
Sy Cohen

The real answer is that I95 doesn't actually go thru Washington! Congress
in all it's wisdom never authorized a real connection. 295 is the
straightest route, but it gets a little dicey when it gets near the center
of the city. The safest way to go is to take the beltway (inner loop) south
and around the city. I eventually connects up around Springfield. Good
Luck!

Sy Cohen

Old April 2nd, 2004, 02:43 AM
Shawn Hearn

In article ,
"Alan Burnstine" wrote:

"Christian" wrote in message
Hi all,

I try to setup the route from New York to Orlando using Street Atlas
2004. Between Baltimore and Washington, the map Street Atlas
application is choosing 295 as route and go to South of Washington
When I did the same think using Microsoft Streets&Trips or Mapquest
(web), the route was set 95, at North to Washington, and not 295.
I am not familiar with these routes.
Do you know why SA2004 suggest me to use 295? Even I do a via route on
95, the application go back to 295 at next exit.

I imagine that SA2004's database thinks that both I95 and 295 have 55 mph
speed limits, so the 295 would be a quicker route, where S&T may know that
the limit on 295 is 50mph for most of the way, and drops to 40mph inside the
DC beltway.

I295 is a bypass for I95. The areas are well signed. I suggest you just
take whichever road looks like it has the least traffic when you get
there.
Old April 14th, 2004, 02:51 AM
Brian

bitbucket wrote:

it is also worth noting there is a ton of construction around the
Springfield area. sometimes traffic can be nightmarish. for an alternative,
you might try to pick up I 97 from Baltimore and take it to US 50. go east
and follow the signs for US 301 south to Richmond. US 301 will drop you just
north or Richmond on I 95. i did it this morning on my way from Philly to
Richmond, and i hit absolutely zero traffic.

Even around Waldorf?
Old April 14th, 2004, 05:31 PM
Russell Patterson

On 14 Apr 2004 11:38:40 GMT, bitbucket wrote:

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 21:51:45 -0400, Brian wrote:
| bitbucket wrote:
|

| it is also worth noting there is a ton of construction around the
| Springfield area. sometimes traffic can be nightmarish. for an alternative,
| you might try to pick up I 97 from Baltimore and take it to US 50. go east
| and follow the signs for US 301 south to Richmond. US 301 will drop you just
| north or Richmond on I 95. i did it this morning on my way from Philly to
| Richmond, and i hit absolutely zero traffic.
|
| Even around Waldorf?

yea, i must've timed it perfectly. i got stuck at one light for two cycles,
but heading south, traffic just wasn't too bad. now heading north on 301,
that was a different story...

Typically, if the traffic is bad in Waldorf the traffic on I-95 is
worse, unless there is an accident involved.
respond here or email responses to