SHOPPING IN SHANGHAI

Old April 7th, 2004, 07:59 AM
selena

Default SHOPPING IN SHANGHAI

Shanghai has been famed as "the Shopping Paradise" and "the Oriental
Paris' in history. Visitors come to Shanghai with a purpose of
appreciating the beautiful urban scenery, as well as shopping in its
various kinds of shops and stores.

Nanjing Road
The 5.5-km long Nanjing Road is the most bustling and prosperous
street, which was first built in 1851.Here, one will find hundreds of
modernised malls, famous old-brand stores and special product shops.
It has become the largest collecting and distributing centre of retail
goods and an information centre. The every-day visitors flowing here
reach over a million person/times.It is known as the "China's No 1
Shopping Street".

Huaihai Road
Shopping malls are the feature in Huaihai Road. These include Times
Square and Hong Kong Plaza, among others. There are many other shops
in the area as well, one after another, you can pass from bookstore to
jewelry store, to upmarket clothing boutique, pausing only to rest and
catch your breath before the next shopping adventure

Xiangyang Boutiques Market
This is where the Huating Market moved to. It is now on South
Xiangyang Road near Huaihai Zhong road There are a few hundred stores
selling all different products: clothing, jewellery, bags, suitcases,
phone accessories, etc.. Despite them being fakes, some items have
decent quality. As with most other shopping places in Shanghai,
remember to bargain hard

Dongtai Road
Dongtai Road Antiques Market is a newly developed market of arts and
crafts with some unique feature, dealing in old arts and crafts,
including porcelain, jades, bronzes, wood articles, calligraphy and
paintings, four treasures of the study (brushes, ink-stick, ink-stones
and xuan paper), embroideries, and miscellaneous articles. They mainly
serve foreign consulate staff, tourists, domestic and overseas
cutomers and arts and crafts lovers. The market has made a reputation
in the country and abroad and been attracting crowds of visitors

Being a Shanghainese, I'll continuously post massages about
Shanghai,including its culture,entertainment,night life and day trip.
If you want to come to shanghaiand you want a guide,you could contact
me by my E-mail as well as follow-up to the massage.
Old April 7th, 2004, 08:53 AM
Dieter Aaaa

"selena" wrote:

[...]

I can't wait to meet you Selena...

Old April 8th, 2004, 05:10 AM
selena

"Dieter Aaaa" Dieter wrote in message ...
"selena" wrote:

[...]

What do mean??and WHY??
Old April 8th, 2004, 12:41 PM
selena

in shanghai, There's four main shopping area.eg: Xujiahui shopping
center, Nanjing Road, Yuan gardon bizzar,and soon.
Then, the ladies market,so many. south Maoming Road, and around the
hotel Hilton, there're many market like that, but because that is
illeagal in shanghai, so there's not fixed location,and it's somtime
dangerous~~~~~
Old April 9th, 2004, 08:39 AM
selena

Dear,i post massage just because i'm a professional travel agent.I
wish the massage could attract more foreigner to pay attention to
Shanghai. I wish they would like to shanghai. Then I can make money.

In shanghai, it is almost impossible to get a real cost of an
apartment. you kown, the competiton of the real estate market in
shanghai is very seriously,so almost each cost is including the
intermediaries or agents.
But here I could give you some reference cost in PuDong:
LuJiaZui Area RMB9200/squre meter
NanPu Bridge Area RMB45oo/squre meter
Century Park Area RMB4480/squre meter
Yangpu Bridge Area RMB3500/squre meter
Jin Qiao Area RMB3500/squre meter

That's just reference cost. If you want to rent an apartment ,it would
be more economical.
Old April 9th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Dieter Aaaa

"selena" schreef in bericht
om...
Dear,i post massage just because i'm a professional travel agent.I
wish the massage could attract more foreigner to pay attention to
Shanghai. I wish they would like to shanghai. Then I can make money.

In shanghai, it is almost impossible to get a real cost of an
apartment. you kown, the competiton of the real estate market in
shanghai is very seriously,so almost each cost is including the
intermediaries or agents.
But here I could give you some reference cost in PuDong:
LuJiaZui Area RMB9200/squre meter
NanPu Bridge Area RMB45oo/squre meter
Century Park Area RMB4480/squre meter
Yangpu Bridge Area RMB3500/squre meter
Jin Qiao Area RMB3500/squre meter

That's just reference cost. If you want to rent an apartment ,it would
be more economical.

OK, thanks for the info
That's pretty expensive as per Chinese standards, but not excessive compared
to other big cities elsewere in the world.

What about renting costs for such an apartment ?

BTW, I like your "massages"

Old April 9th, 2004, 04:16 PM
selena

Rent cost rang from RMB4000 to RMB20000 per month.
By the way,Would you mind if I ask you where are you from?
Thanks that you like my massage.
Old April 10th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Dieter Aaaa

"selena" wrote..
Rent cost rang from RMB4000 to RMB20000 per month.
By the way,Would you mind if I ask you where are you from?
Thanks that you like my massage.

Thanks for the information
I am from Flanders/Vlaanderen in Europe

Can you please do me a favor and check in your dictionary the difference
between "message" and "massage"

D.

Old April 10th, 2004, 01:56 PM
Filla Kris

Thanks that you like my massage.

Can you please do me a favor and check in your dictionary the difference
between "message" and "massage"

hi
I am sure she meant "I'm glad you will like my massage"
I read that in china many people speak pidgin english.

regards
kris