Olympic flights

Old March 27th, 2008, 05:04 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Allan Larsen

Default Olympic flights

What American carriers go to Beijing ? Will other carriers be given
short term landing rights. Does Air France have flights?

Old March 31st, 2008, 12:09 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Jason Fisher

Lookds like its just United from SFO or Washington.

You could get Air France fron Paris but its a long trip if you are starting
from the states ...

Old March 31st, 2008, 12:52 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Steve Cain

Delta begins it's flights ATL to Shanghai today I believe. Might work for
you depending on your pre/post Beijing Plans. s

Old March 31st, 2008, 01:18 AM posted to rec.travel.air
John Levine

What American carriers go to Beijing ?

If you want nonstops, United from SFO, ORD, and IAD or Continental
from EWR. Northwest flies via Tokyo.

Will other carriers be given short term landing rights.

Don't be silly.

Does Air France have flights?

Sure, if you want to change planes in Paris.

Isn't it a little late to be making Olympic travel plans?

R's,
John

Old April 17th, 2008, 07:49 PM posted to rec.travel.air
dgs[_7_]

Chilly8 wrote:

"Jason Fisher" wrote in message
.. .

Lookds like its just United from SFO or Washington.

Air Chine flies from SFO. According to the latest UT
schedules

NOBODY GIVES A DAMN ABOUT YOUR STUPID UT SCHEDULES!

We're real people, flying on real airplanes, and we don't give a
tinker's damn about your STUPID simulation! STFU, IDIOT!
Old April 17th, 2008, 08:15 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Jack Campin - bogus address

Looks like its just United from SFO or Washington.
Air Chine flies from SFO. According to the latest UT schedules

NOBODY GIVES A DAMN ABOUT YOUR STUPID UT SCHEDULES!
We're real people, flying on real airplanes, and we don't give
a tinker's damn about your STUPID simulation! STFU, IDIOT!

I've no idea what you're both arguing about, but if the OP is serious
about this, they better think about their visa. A friend of mine has
a rather important role in a very large and prestigious organization,
and wanted to to go to Beijing for a period that included the Olympics.
She's been there many times before, has no record of creating trouble
for the Chinese authorities, and her standing is not that far below
"mess with this woman and you're looking at an international incident"
level. But they wouldn't give her a visa. So it seems they are being
*extremely* picky about who they let in.

Not much point in selecting the optimal flight if all you're going to
experience once you arrive is the championships in illegal-immigrant-
kicking.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old April 18th, 2008, 10:15 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

Chilly8 wrote:

I use this whenever I go to broadcast sports events, especially
figure skating, from Cuba. The outbound connection is encrypted,
so if the United States government is monitoring anything, they
will not be able to eavesdrop on the connection. Because I am
a USA/Australia dual national, I feel, that as a resident of
AUSTRALIA, that I am NOT SUBJECT to the travel
restrictions on Cuba, so I encrypt any outbound connections
from Cuba, to avoid detection by U.S. auhorities. What cannot
be read cannot be prosecuted.

So, the restrictions don't apply to you, but you need to make sure you
don't get caught. If they don't apply to you, what is there to hide?
Old April 18th, 2008, 12:30 PM posted to rec.travel.air
William Black

"Chilly8" wrote in message

What this will do, will allow you to set up a secure connection
that will allow you to circumvent ALL monitoring, filtering, and
blocking, and create an encrypted connection that cannot be
monitord, analysed, cracked, or sniffed.

********.

They're a totalitarian dictatorship.

They just move into the local telephone exchange and connect directly to
your line and read it.

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old April 18th, 2008, 05:28 PM posted to rec.travel.air
dgs[_7_]

Chilly8 wrote:

The ONLY route
I can find from Cuba to Singapore is through Cancun,
Los Angeles, and Beijing. This is NO OTHER WAY
to get from Cuba to Singapore.

Yes there is, you useless drooling ignorant moron. Fly from Singapore
to London, then from London to Havana, or fly from Singapore to Paris,
and from there to Havana, or fly from Singapore to a Canadian city
(Montreal or Toronto via Vancouver), and from there to Havana.

You're too stupid to breathe, you worthless asshole.

While the restrictions do NOT apply to me, as I do
not LIVE in America

Yes, they do. The law applies to Americans no matter where they
live. Whether or not the US authorities bother to track some
demented ex-pat idiot traveling between another country and Cuba
is another matter. I'd be delighted if you got caught, though, and
even happier if you got to spend some extended time in Gitmo.
--
dgs
Old April 19th, 2008, 07:48 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

Chilly8 wrote:

That depends on the encryption. I use an EXPENSIVE VPN
solution on MY server, that runs a PROPRIETARY encryption
scheme, with NO backdoor. This is NOT made by Microsoft,
so there is no "tradpdoor", and with a proprietary 256-bit
encryption scheme, there is no POSSIBLE way that the
Chinese government is going to decrypt THAT, so my
Skype usage, when in China, is pretty much undetectable,
becuase the strong proprietary encryption makes it
impossible for any government to break.

What if it were illegal for you to take such encryption into China?