Allegiant Air: LOW TICKET PRICES, Now- Lets ADD some Fees

Old April 19th, 2008, 10:02 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Alan Sanderson

Default Allegiant Air: LOW TICKET PRICES, Now- Lets ADD some Fees

Pick a seat ? sure..that'll be $ 11.50
Extra bag, sure that'll be an extra $ 5.00 (if you let them know in advance
"online")
If you just show up with an extra bag..its MORE
Carryon: one piece, no problem, except "our" carryon size is smaller that
other airlines.. 8" high
OOPS, its 9" high ? Well then its an "extra bag"..Oops didnt tell us in
advance, oops then its MORE $$

Booking Online..ahh great, there'll be a "Convenience Fee" of $ 8.50 - 9.50

Convenient for Who ? Us ? Right, YOU do the "work" online, we charge the
FEE.

Want to call and ask any questions (or perhaps make a complaint about all
the above)?
Oops, we have NO Toll Free number and will keep you waiting for 20 min or
more on your "Nickel".

NO F/F miles..right but at least there's no fee for that G

Thanks for PAYING at Allegiant. The actual ticket price was $ 79.00
I never did figure out what the TOTAL would have been...

After jacking around with their online site and L/D phone for over an hour,
I finally just said "To H*ll with it and booked on AlaskaAir. The ticket
price was $ 124 so $ 44.00 more but:

checked two bags (no fee), had a bigger carryon (no fee), picked our seats
( no fee), and didn't pay a "convenience fee". I figure Alaska was worth it
and in reality, probably didn't cost any more and I got my F/F miles with
them.

Old April 19th, 2008, 11:34 PM posted to rec.travel.air
jessica_smith_nyc

Yep......I'm sure it's a matter of time that they start charging for
the beverage service.

-----
http://www.moviesitearchive.com/travel

Old April 21st, 2008, 07:17 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

Alan Sanderson wrote:

Oops, we have NO Toll Free number and will keep you waiting for 20 min or
more on your "Nickel".

Why do you need a toll free number?
Doesn't your cell or VOIP carrier give you free US and Canada calling?
Get with it.
For $19.95 per year, you can have unlimited calling by plugging a
MagicJack into a computer. You can even attach an "old style" phone to
it. I believe it is 34.95 for the device and one year of service, plus
they give you a free 30 day trial.
Old April 21st, 2008, 11:45 AM posted to rec.travel.air
TEP

"jessica_smith_nyc" wrote in message
Yep......I'm sure it's a matter of time that they start charging for
the beverage service.

Maybe they will follow the lead of Spirit Airlines which only charges $2 for
water (http://www.spiritair.com/Welcome.aspx?pg=HelpRightNow).