Olympic flights

Old April 21st, 2008, 09:00 AM posted to rec.travel.air
John Doe[_2_]

Default Olympic flights

Benjamin Dover wrote:

Silly Chilly is desperately trying to come up with a scenario where a
flight to Cuba would not have any possible diversion to the US.

Air Transat once lost a great portion of a rudder shortly after leaving
from Cuba. Instead of continuing to Florida, it turned back to land at Cuba.

There are a lot of operational issues to look at, as well as
availability of staff, alternate capacity to return passengers, hotel
costs for the stranded passengers, visa issues etc etc etc.

If you have a broken aircraft, there is also the issue of parking costs.
Miami is s avery expensive airport to park a 330/310 at for an extended
period of time.

In terms of Cuba-Paris, the flights would pass closer to the bahamas
than to Miami, and probably head towards bermuda and azores before going
to paris. The north atlantic routes are very busy and more expensive to
travel though. Look at the great circle route from VRA-CDG and you'll see.

Just because someone provides a lot of "entertaining stories" doesn't
mean that all of them are absolutely false/ridiculous.
Old April 21st, 2008, 11:04 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Benjamin Dover

John Doe wrote in
:

If you have a broken aircraft, there is also the issue of parking costs.
Miami is s avery expensive airport to park a 330/310 at for an extended
period of time.

All you need to do is get the aircraft flyable and then ferry it to another
airport for the rest of the maintenance. It does NOT have to be repaired
to the point where you can put passengers on it. Ferry permits are
relatively simple to obtain.
Old April 21st, 2008, 09:51 PM posted to rec.travel.air
dgs[_7_]

Chilly8 wrote:

As part of a Sydney-Tahiti-Havana run or Paris-Havana-Tahiti run,
that is a possibility.

There are no such runs, you blithering idiot.

Old April 22nd, 2008, 02:36 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

Chilly8 wrote:

As part of a Sydney-Tahiti-Havana run or Paris-Havana-Tahiti run,
that is a possibility.

Possible yes, but most likely a jetliner having ajor issues that is
closer to the Atlantic Seaboard of the US than Cuba, is going to divert
to the US
Old April 22nd, 2008, 05:51 PM posted to rec.travel.air
dgs[_7_]

Chilly8 wrote:

"dgs" wrote in message

Chilly8 wrote:

As part of a Sydney-Tahiti-Havana run or Paris-Havana-Tahiti run,

There are no such runs, you blithering idiot.

There could be such a run in the future. I did download once,
potential fugure Jetstar schedules.

And just where did you download these "potential fugure Jetstar
schedules," Einstein? Your stupid UT simulation again?

There is no WAY a Tahiti to Mexico City flight is
going to divert to a U.S. airport.

As usual, you're a brainless **** with no understanding of flight or
ETOPS, let alone geography. Your stupid non-existent Tahiti-Mexico City
flight just might have to divert along the way ...

.... to Honolulu, where Jetstar already flies, you goat-felching moron!

Those runs are still quite a ways off, as Jetstar
still has to get the aircraft they need for the flights,

These "runs" are non-existent, and will remain so, and you're still a
blithering nutcase. Seek psychiatric help *NOW*.

One reason any aircraft on a long haul flight
should always take off with a full load of
fuel, is so that they can divert to an alternate
airport, without having to worry about getting
low on fuel.

You're an idiot, and you have no idea how airplanes work. You're so
stupid, you make concrete seem intelligent. It's already been explained
to you why airplanes take off WITH THE APPROPRIATE AMOUNT OF FUEL FOR
THE SEGMENT, and that THIS DOES NOT ALWAYS MEAN TAKING OFF WITH A "FULL
LOAD" OF FUEL, YOU BRAINLESS HALFWIT!
--
dgs
Old April 23rd, 2008, 06:31 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Tom P[_4_]

And, consider this, there are a LOT of busines travellers in China,
who MUST connect to the home office with VPN, becuase their
employers REQUIRE it, so the Chinese government would not
DARE outlaw VPN, becuase if they did, they would lose a LOT
of money from foreign investors who would no longer invest
in China, if they coiuld not access their their office networks.

BULL ****

Sorry to have to burst your little bubble but I can assure you that
businesses most certainly do use encryption to communicate with their
partners in China. I work with a major European company that does
exactly that.

T.
Old April 23rd, 2008, 06:38 PM posted to rec.travel.air
William Black

"Tom P" wrote in message

Sorry to have to burst your little bubble but I can assure you that
businesses most certainly do use encryption to communicate with their
partners in China. I work with a major European company that does exactly
that.

Then, I'm afraid, the only logical conclusion is that the Chinese
government has broken the code used...

--
William Black

Time for tea.

Old April 24th, 2008, 07:19 PM posted to rec.travel.air
William Black

"Tom P" wrote in message
William Black wrote:
"Tom P" wrote in message

Sorry to have to burst your little bubble but I can assure you that
businesses most certainly do use encryption to communicate with their
partners in China. I work with a major European company that does
exactly that.

Then, I'm afraid, the only logical conclusion is that the Chinese
government has broken the code used...

Your proof being?

They don't ban it.

They're an evil totalitarian dictatorship.

Logically they'll ban any communications system in and out of the country
they can't control.

Otherwise their own dissidents would have free communications between
themselves and any outside sponsors and supporters.

--
William Black

Time for tea.