Chicago Hotel

Old April 21st, 2008, 11:33 PM posted to rec.travel.air
dc

Default Chicago Hotel

Anybody got a recommendation for a decent, not too expensive Chicago hotel
that is close to the centre of things?

I've got a couple of nights there this weekend and need to get something
sorted out in the next day or so..

dc

Old April 22nd, 2008, 12:11 AM posted to rec.travel.air
JohnT[_3_]

"dc" wrote in message
Anybody got a recommendation for a decent, not too expensive Chicago hotel
that is close to the centre of things?

I've got a couple of nights there this weekend and need to get something
sorted out in the next day or so..

"Expensive" is a relative term. I like the Palmer House and I am sure that
you could get a good deal there at short notice.
--

JohnT

Old April 22nd, 2008, 01:17 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Robert Neville

"JohnT" wrote:

"Expensive" is a relative term. I like the Palmer House and I am sure that
you could get a good deal there at short notice.

Agreed. I stayed there a few years ago and it was fine. Stepped into the
ballroom to enjoy the ghosts dancing to big band music and live radio
broadcasts.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 03:49 AM posted to rec.travel.air
jessica_smith_nyc

Hyatt Regency Chicago
The Talbott Hotel
Amalfi Hotel
The Sutton Place Hotel

----
http://www.moviesitearchive.com/travel

Old April 22nd, 2008, 08:42 PM posted to rec.travel.air
dc

When I said "not too expensive" I meant it in the English sense of "fairly
cheap" and not (as it seems) in the American sense of "really costly"..

DC

"jessica_smith_nyc" wrote in message
Hyatt Regency Chicago
The Talbott Hotel
Amalfi Hotel
The Sutton Place Hotel

----

Old April 23rd, 2008, 09:36 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

dc wrote:
When I said "not too expensive" I meant it in the English sense of "fairly
cheap" and not (as it seems) in the American sense of "really costly"..

Why not just tell us how much you expect to pay?
Someone used to staying at Four Seasons might find the weekend rate at a
Hyatt or Hilton to be reasonable. Someone expecting to pay Motel 6
prices is going to be disapointed.

Old April 23rd, 2008, 10:59 AM posted to rec.travel.air
dc

I think I didn't allow for differences in English & American expectations..
In England I would say it is fairly normal to ask the question without
specifying a rate and assuming that others would think likewise..

I was tempted by The Palmer House Hotel but recent reviews all complain
about the noise caused by renovation which put me off..

dc

"Mr. Travel" wrote in message
. ..

Old April 25th, 2008, 10:04 PM posted to rec.travel.air
dc

I finally booked the Hampton Inn Majestic for around $200 a night..

I'm off in the morning..

dc

"dc" wrote in message
I think I didn't allow for differences in English & American expectations..
In England I would say it is fairly normal to ask the question without
specifying a rate and assuming that others would think likewise..

I was tempted by The Palmer House Hotel but recent reviews all complain
about the noise caused by renovation which put me off..

dc

"Mr. Travel" wrote in message
. ..

Old April 30th, 2008, 12:30 AM posted to rec.travel.air
dc

I spent 2 nights in the Hampton Inn over the weekend and would recommend it
to anybody. The rooms are a decent size, the bathroom is large and the
service was great...

DC

"dc" wrote in message
I think I didn't allow for differences in English & American
expectations.. In England I would say it is fairly normal to ask the
question without specifying a rate and assuming that others would think
likewise..

I was tempted by The Palmer House Hotel but recent reviews all complain
about the noise caused by renovation which put me off..

dc

"Mr. Travel" wrote in message
. ..

Old April 30th, 2008, 04:23 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Jeff Lanam

Robert Neville wrote:
"JohnT" wrote:

"Expensive" is a relative term. I like the Palmer House and I am sure that
you could get a good deal there at short notice.

Agreed. I stayed there a few years ago and it was fine. Stepped into the
ballroom to enjoy the ghosts dancing to big band music and live radio
broadcasts.

I stayed there between Christmas and New Years. They're doing some
renovations, so there are some good deals. The sleeping rooms are
finished, I believe. It's the meeting rooms and shops that are being
redone.