Cost and danger of travelling in Thailand

Old December 15th, 2003, 01:39 PM
Richard

Default Cost and danger of travelling in Thailand

Hi,

I am planning to go to Thailand for a month in February. How much
money do I need? I want to visit Bangkok as well as most of the country. I
am planning to go there alone ( I was originally planning to go there with
my girlfriend but we broke up). Is Thailand dangerous for a white man? Is
there some place to avoid?

Thanks,

Richard

Old December 15th, 2003, 03:40 PM
Christopher

"""White Man""" !!!##$$??

Thailand is probably more dangerous for a Black Man !! What color was your
girlfriend - green ?

Thailand is as safe as anywhere - if you are really stupid then there is as
much danger in London, New York and Toronto.

Thailand has the full range of prices from 6 star hotels [Oriental, Bangkok]
to backpackers hostels. Street food is extremely cheap but obviously more
expensive in the cities.

First and foremost, leave out the white man syndrome and you might even
enjoy the trip.

Old December 15th, 2003, 03:57 PM
Dieter Aa

"Richard" ..
Hi,
I am planning to go to Thailand for a month in February. How much
money do I need? I want to visit Bangkok as well as most of the country.

am planning to go there alone ( I was originally planning to go there with
my girlfriend but we broke up). Is Thailand dangerous for a white man?

Is
there some place to avoid?
Thanks,
Richard

This must be a joke, isn't it ?
Sure you are a real "white men" ?
Which country you are living ?

Old December 15th, 2003, 07:53 PM
Miguel Cruz

Richard wrote:
I do not understand what is so funny to say that I am a white man! As
you may know Bush attacked Iraq and since then white people are often
thought to be American and are prime target by many Muslim people. I am
from Canada.

"As you know"?

Yes, Bush attached Iraq.

No, nobody is a "prime target by many Muslim people". You are buying into
silly hysteria.

Also, since Americans make up a tiny share of travelers outside of Europe
and Latin America, it would be silly (and unlikely) for anyone to randomly
assume that light-skinned people were American. Not that it matters.

miguel
--
Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/

Old December 15th, 2003, 10:04 PM
Kris

ooooooooooooooooooops I would not say _that_ too loudly

Kris

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 21:41:27 +0200, "Markku Grönroos"
wrote:

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
tnews.com...
In article ,
says...

I do not understand what is so funny to say that I am a white man!

As
you may know Bush attacked Iraq and since then white people are often
thought to be American and are prime target by many Muslim people. I am
from Canada.

Just explain to the locals that you are not American.

But he is! Canadians are Americans for sure.