Norwegian Dawn loses power

Old November 29th, 2009, 04:00 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Paul Krause

Default Norwegian Dawn loses power

95 miles outside of San Juan. Managed to get partial power back to make
it to San Juan. People are being flown home, given a 75% refund and 50%
off their next cruise. Next scheduled cruise is cancelled so repairs can
be made. No word on cruises beyond that.

I was not surprised in reading this because last summer when leaving
Bermuda we had a complete power outage for about 15 minutes. They
restarted and we continued home to NY. Don't know what, if anything, was
done to solve the issue but she continued cruising.

Not this time
Old November 29th, 2009, 01:01 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , peter
chirped:

Also on the Dawn?

Like it wasn't obvious he was on the Dawn......

--
Charles
Old November 30th, 2009, 02:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 22:00:15 -0500, Paul Krause
wrote:

95 miles outside of San Juan. Managed to get partial power back to make
it to San Juan. People are being flown home, given a 75% refund and 50%
off their next cruise. Next scheduled cruise is cancelled so repairs can
be made. No word on cruises beyond that.

Hi Everyone,

The Norwegian Dawn has been repaired is headed to Miami. NCL says the
problem was related to the power supply for the automation & control
of machinery and hotel auxiliary equipment. Norwegian Dawn’s 9-day
sailing set for Friday, is scheduled to go as planned.
--
Ray Goldenberg 800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
Lighthouse Travel http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old December 4th, 2009, 01:56 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff Gersten

(Paul*Krause) wrote:

95 miles outside of San Juan. Managed to get
partial power back to make it to San Juan.
People are being flown home, given a 75%
refund and 50% off their next cruise. Next
scheduled cruise is cancelled so repairs can
be made. No word on cruises beyond that.

I was not surprised in reading this because
last summer when leaving Bermuda we had a
complete power outage for about 15 minutes.

They restarted and we continued home to NY.
Don't know what, if anything, was done to
solve the issue but she continued cruising.

Not this time

Here's the discussion on cruisecritic:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1097353

At the moment it's 25 pages and nearly 500 posts and growing.

It was started by someone on the ship at the time with a very positive
attitude. It now includes others who were on on the ship; some writing
positively, some negatively , and some extremely negatively about their
experience and how NCL handled it. There were even three posts from NCL,
or at least someone claiming to be NCL.

One thing that everyone seems to agree on is that fonding flights and
hotel rooms for 2500 people on short notice (especially on a holiday
weekend) is a daunting task. One person posted what I was thinking as I
was well into reading the posts---what if this was a hip like the Oasis.
How would they ever handle getting 6000+ passengers to the original
port?

Old December 6th, 2009, 05:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

As usual NCL is for the birds

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..