Holland America Eurodam

Old December 10th, 2009, 06:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default Holland America Eurodam

Does anybody here have experience on the Eurodam? It's a fairly new
ship. I'm mainly interested in the food. Thanks

Old December 10th, 2009, 10:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Thanks Wilf for responding. My husband and myself usually like to eat
in the buffet. I was told on the Eurodam the food in the buffet is not
self service. Were the lines long for food? We will have to eat in the
dining room for dinner with our friends. I hate getting dressed up for
dinner.

Old December 12th, 2009, 10:24 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gettamulla Tupya[_2_]

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 15:55:55 -0600, BikeRider50 wrote:

We just came back from a week on Eurodam in a full suite. Wound up only
eating dinner in the dining room 1 night. We ordered dinner in the suite
the nights we didn't go to alternative dining. They would bring the
dinner menu every morning and we found that it was much easier to dine
in then to go to the dining room. Quicker too. Dinner would arrive
within 10 minutes of calling. No waiting for the waiters and for each
course. Breakfast on the balcony every morning.

We had a private cabana which I can highly recommend, but you have to
pay for it as far in advance as you can. If you wait until you get on
the ship, they will all be sold out. The cabana boys would bring us
lunch from the Lido each day at the cabana. We'd tell them what we
wanted and they go fetch it.

I can't work out why people like you take cruises when you seem to prefer to stick to yourselves rather than mix with the angry
hordes of passengers that cohabit the ship with you. Surely you would be better off locking yourselves in at home and calling for
pizza deliveries when you get hungry. You will save a lot of money that way.

Old December 13th, 2009, 09:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Wilf
wrote:

Buffet was, as far as I remember, self service during my holiday last
year but that's not to say they may not have changed things since then,
of course.

Not sure what is meant by self service. On the Holland American
Westerdam which I just returned from, and the Celebrity Constellation
which I was on a few weeks ago you did not serve yourself most items.
You told the lido crew behind the steam table what you wanted and they
put it on the plate. On Princess in the summer you served almost every
thing yourself except for carved meats.

--
Charles
Old December 13th, 2009, 09:46 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
peter

On 12/13/09 10:19 PM, in article
, "Charles"
wrote:

In article , Wilf
wrote:

Buffet was, as far as I remember, self service during my holiday last
year but that's not to say they may not have changed things since then,
of course.

Not sure what is meant by self service. On the Holland American
Westerdam which I just returned from, and the Celebrity Constellation
which I was on a few weeks ago you did not serve yourself most items.
You told the lido crew behind the steam table what you wanted and they
put it on the plate. On Princess in the summer you served almost every
thing yourself except for carved meats.

Self-service is not about who puts in on your plate, but about who puts your
plate on your table. In general on HAL ships in the Lido you take the food
to your table. A waiter may offer to bring it to your table if you look much
older than 85, or if you are female and attractive.