Queen going green

Old April 3rd, 2007, 10:13 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
ocelot

Default Queen going green

bout ****in time...............and she's only got 5 ****in palaces

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/2007040...s-a7ad41d.html

LONDON (AFP) - Queen Elizabeth II has hired a team of consultants to
carry out the first-ever audit of carbon emissions from her three
official residences, a spokesman for Buckingham Palace said Tuesday.

"For the first time, we are doing an overall audit to take stock on
our carbon emissions and our energy consumption in the queen's royal
residences, not in the private estates," a spokeswoman said.

"We will know where and how to reduce our emissions."

The review includes Buckingham Palace in London, Windsor Castle --
where the queen spends weekends -- and the Palace of Holyroodhouse in
Edinburgh.

Her other homes, including Balmoral in the Scottish Highlands and
Sandringham in eastern England, are private residences.

The spokeswoman said that the royal household had been "taking
environmental measures" for over 10 years but there had never been an
overall audit.

The results of the audit will not be made public, she added.

Green measures already taken by the palace include converting all
vehicles of state used by the queen -- plus a London taxi driven by
her husband Prince Philip -- to run on LPG (liquified petroleum gas).

Prince Charles is known for his interest in green issues but has
recently taken flak from the British press for the amount he travels
by air.

Old April 3rd, 2007, 10:29 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Deeply Filled Mortician

Make credence recognised that on 3 Apr 2007 14:13:53 -0700, "ocelot"
has scripted:

bout ****in time...............and she's only got 5 ****in palaces

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/2007040...s-a7ad41d.html

LONDON (AFP) - Queen Elizabeth II has hired a team of consultants to
carry out the first-ever audit of carbon emissions from her three
official residences, a spokesman for Buckingham Palace said Tuesday.

"For the first time, we are doing an overall audit to take stock on
our carbon emissions and our energy consumption in the queen's royal
residences, not in the private estates," a spokeswoman said.

"We will know where and how to reduce our emissions."

What a complete waste of time. How about she gives a billion quid to
renewable energy research if she really cares.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old April 3rd, 2007, 10:33 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Stephen Ellenson

"ocelot" wrote in message
ups.com...
bout ****in time...............and she's only got 5 ****in palaces

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/2007040...s-a7ad41d.html

LONDON (AFP) - Queen Elizabeth II has hired a team of consultants to
carry out the first-ever audit of carbon emissions from her three
official residences, a spokesman for Buckingham Palace said Tuesday.

snip,

Funny, she already looked a little green to me.

Old April 3rd, 2007, 10:39 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge1

Default michaelcrapnewport is martin !

More crap and his clone jumps on the occasion everytime

Old April 3rd, 2007, 10:44 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Stephen Ellenson

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 16:33:06 -0500, "Stephen Ellenson"

wrote:

"ocelot" wrote in message
roups.com...
bout ****in time...............and she's only got 5 ****in palaces

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/2007040...s-a7ad41d.html

LONDON (AFP) - Queen Elizabeth II has hired a team of consultants to
carry out the first-ever audit of carbon emissions from her three
official residences, a spokesman for Buckingham Palace said Tuesday.

snip,

Funny, she already looked a little green to me.

Prince Philip is a lighter shade of pale.
--

Martin

lol! now I gotta wipe up the water I just spit onto my keyboard.

Old April 3rd, 2007, 11:23 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Stephen Ellenson

"Stephen Ellenson" wrote in message

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 16:33:06 -0500, "Stephen Ellenson"

wrote:

"ocelot" wrote in message
groups.com...
bout ****in time...............and she's only got 5 ****in palaces

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/2007040...s-a7ad41d.html

LONDON (AFP) - Queen Elizabeth II has hired a team of consultants to
carry out the first-ever audit of carbon emissions from her three
official residences, a spokesman for Buckingham Palace said Tuesday.
snip,

Funny, she already looked a little green to me.

Prince Philip is a lighter shade of pale.
--

Martin

lol! now I gotta wipe up the water I just spit onto my keyboard.

It reminds me of a quote by one of the most influential philosophers in the
history of Western philosophy. His contributions to metaphysics,
epistemology, ethics, and aesthetics have had a profound impact on almost
every philosophical movement that followed him.

"It's not east being green."
Kermit T.F.

Old April 4th, 2007, 12:33 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Stephen Ellenson

"Magda" magda@eu wrote in message
On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 17:23:00 -0500, in rec.travel.europe, "Stephen
Ellenson"
arranged some electrons, so they looked like
this:

... "Stephen Ellenson" wrote in message
... ...
... "Martin" wrote in message
... ...
... On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 16:33:06 -0500, "Stephen Ellenson"
... wrote:
... "ocelot" wrote in message
... groups.com...
... bout ****in time...............and she's only got 5 ****in
palaces
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/2007040...s-a7ad41d.html
... LONDON (AFP) - Queen Elizabeth II has hired a team of consultants
... carry out the first-ever audit of carbon emissions from her three
... official residences, a spokesman for Buckingham Palace said
Tuesday.
... snip,
... Funny, she already looked a little green to me.
... Prince Philip is a lighter shade of pale.
... --
... Martin
... lol! now I gotta wipe up the water I just spit onto my keyboard.
... It reminds me of a quote by one of the most influential philosophers
in the
... history of Western philosophy. His contributions to metaphysics,
... epistemology, ethics, and aesthetics have had a profound impact on
almost
... every philosophical movement that followed him.
... "It's not east being green."
... Kermit T.F.

Easy.

****!! I always misquote philosophers. However, that would explain the
strange looks I get when I say, "I'm pink, therefore, I am."

Old April 4th, 2007, 04:46 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
kodok

Deeply Filled Mortician a écrit :
Make credence recognised that on 3 Apr 2007 14:13:53 -0700, "ocelot"
has scripted:

bout ****in time...............and she's only got 5 ****in palaces

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/2007040...s-a7ad41d.html

LONDON (AFP) - Queen Elizabeth II has hired a team of consultants to
carry out the first-ever audit of carbon emissions from her three
official residences, a spokesman for Buckingham Palace said Tuesday.

"For the first time, we are doing an overall audit to take stock on
our carbon emissions and our energy consumption in the queen's royal
residences, not in the private estates," a spokeswoman said.

"We will know where and how to reduce our emissions."

What a complete waste of time. How about she gives a billion quid to
renewable energy research if she really cares.

Reduce her emissions ?
What about eliminating beans and onions from the Royal menu ?

Old April 4th, 2007, 12:06 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
RAK

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 23:29:05 +0200, Deeply Filled Mortician
wrote:

Make credence recognised that on 3 Apr 2007 14:13:53 -0700, "ocelot"
has scripted:

bout ****in time...............and she's only got 5 ****in palaces

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/2007040...s-a7ad41d.html

LONDON (AFP) - Queen Elizabeth II has hired a team of consultants to
carry out the first-ever audit of carbon emissions from her three
official residences, a spokesman for Buckingham Palace said Tuesday.

"For the first time, we are doing an overall audit to take stock on
our carbon emissions and our energy consumption in the queen's royal
residences, not in the private estates," a spokeswoman said.

"We will know where and how to reduce our emissions."

What a complete waste of time. How about she gives a billion quid to
renewable energy research if she really cares.

and hands the rest of the family as hostages to the Iranians?
--

I think Iran has enough problems already.

Old April 5th, 2007, 12:50 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Stephen Ellenson

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 18:33:14 -0500, "Stephen Ellenson"

wrote:

"Magda" magda@eu wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 17:23:00 -0500, in rec.travel.europe, "Stephen
Ellenson"
arranged some electrons, so they looked like
this:

... "Stephen Ellenson" wrote in message
... ...
... "Martin" wrote in message
... ...
... On Tue, 3 Apr 2007 16:33:06 -0500, "Stephen Ellenson"
... wrote:
... "ocelot" wrote in message
... groups.com...
[...]

I'm pink gin, therefore I have royal blood?
--

Martin

You know, we're all going green eventually. It's just a matter of timing.