Yellowstone

Old September 3rd, 2008, 05:16 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
m. anne

Default Yellowstone

We are planning on taking a car trip to Yellowstone the week of Sept.22.
What type of clothes should I pack. We are planning on spending our nights
at a koa campground around Cody Wyoming. Any info would be appreciated. We
are from the Texas and it is still hot as Hades here.

Old September 3rd, 2008, 05:26 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
PeterL

On Sep 2, 9:16*pm, "m. anne" wrote:
We are planning on taking a car trip to Yellowstone the week of Sept.22.
What type of clothes should I pack. *We are planning on spending our nights
at a koa campground around Cody Wyoming. *Any info would be appreciated.. *We
are from the Texas and it is still hot as Hades here.

Be prepared for an early snow storm.
Old September 3rd, 2008, 06:15 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
RVer Don

Warm clothes. We were there around the middle of September 1984 and had to
leave because of a heavy snow storm. We were there in late September a few
years ago and the weather, other than being cold at night, couldn't have
been nicer. The weather in Yellowstone can be very unpredictable that time
of year.

Don in Tracy, Calif.

Old September 3rd, 2008, 07:35 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
SMS

m. anne wrote:
We are planning on taking a car trip to Yellowstone the week of Sept.22.
What type of clothes should I pack. We are planning on spending our nights
at a koa campground around Cody Wyoming. Any info would be appreciated. We
are from the Texas and it is still hot as Hades here.

We were there in late July/early August. What a zoo. I had only been
there in the dead of winter prior to that, when you had to go in by snow
coach. Late September should be cool days and cold nights, with a chance
of snow. Be prepared for cold nights, with cold weather sleeping bags (0
degree bags).

But before you worry about the weather, are you sure about spending
nights in Cody? That's a heck of a drive each day, you're looking at at
least five hours a day driving just back and forth to Cody, more if
you're going up to the northwestern parts of the park, and gasoline is
pretty expensive in that area.

If the Yellowstone campgrounds are already full then consider a night in
West Yellowstone and a night in Gardiner MT, and look at Moran WY as
well. All have private campgrounds. It's the off-season and you should
be able to find some deals at motels as well.

Don't miss a soak in the Boiling River.
"http://www.soak.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Wyoming;action=display;num=112173522 7"
Old September 3rd, 2008, 06:13 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Keith Willshaw[_3_]

"m. anne" wrote in message
We are planning on taking a car trip to Yellowstone the week of Sept.22.
What type of clothes should I pack. We are planning on spending our
nights at a koa campground around Cody Wyoming. Any info would be
appreciated. We are from the Texas and it is still hot as Hades here.

Cody is over 90 miles from Yellowstone NP, I'd try and find a closer
campground

As for clothes dress in layers, I have been in yellowstone in August
when the high temperature for the day was in the 50's

Keith

Old September 3rd, 2008, 08:15 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
m. anne

"Keith Willshaw" wrote in message

"m. anne" wrote in message
We are planning on taking a car trip to Yellowstone the week of Sept.22.
What type of clothes should I pack. We are planning on spending our
nights at a koa campground around Cody Wyoming. Any info would be
appreciated. We are from the Texas and it is still hot as Hades here.

Cody is over 90 miles from Yellowstone NP, I'd try and find a closer
campground

As for clothes dress in layers, I have been in yellowstone in August
when the high temperature for the day was in the 50's

Keith

Thanks to all for your input. According to your info we are going to find
something closer.
Got to find my campground directory and start looking. Thanks again all.

Old September 3rd, 2008, 08:40 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
SMS

m. anne wrote:
Thanks to all for your input. According to your info we are going to find
something closer.
Got to find my campground directory and start looking. Thanks again all.

I'd suggest taking US 26 from Casper WY, and going in from the southern
entrance to Yellowstone through Grand Tetons.

Staying in one campground the whole time may not be the best option
because Yellowstone is so big. If you can't camp in the park, look at
some nights in Moran, WY, some in West Yellowstone MT, and some in
Gardiner MT.

There's a good article about Old Faithful up at
"http://nordicgroup.us/yellowstoneoldfaithful/"
Old September 3rd, 2008, 11:50 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian[_1_]

On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 23:16:04 -0500, "m. anne"
wrote:

We are planning on taking a car trip to Yellowstone the week of Sept.22.
What type of clothes should I pack. We are planning on spending our nights
at a koa campground around Cody Wyoming. Any info would be appreciated. We
are from the Texas and it is still hot as Hades here.

We weren't there in September but were there the first weekend of
summer a couple of years ago. It snowed.

Old September 4th, 2008, 04:45 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

On Sep 3, 1:15*pm, "m. anne" wrote:

Thanks to all for your input. *According to your info we are going to find
something closer.
Got to find my campground directory and start looking. * Thanks again all.

There are several fine NFS campgrounds along the Shoshone River, W of
Cody. on hwy 14.

If you will spend several days in the National Park, I suggest you go
to one of
the Park campgrounds *before noon* on any day -- there are likely to
be spaces
available that day.

John