Eat at DUSI'S CAFE on Olde Town Rd. in Williamsburg, Virginia

Old December 9th, 2011, 05:25 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Stokee

Default Eat at DUSI'S CAFE on Olde Town Rd. in Williamsburg, Virginia

My best friend and I spent a week in Willamsburg, VA and ended up for
free lunch at Ms. Dusi's Cafe on Olde Town Rd. We definitely found a gem
for delicious home cooking. The food was delicious, the service was
excellent and the prices were very reasonable. Let me back up and say
that we ate free the first time, but went back on our own the second
time. Tasted the best coconut cake ever in my 56 years. The breakfast
and the lunch I ate there was worth the trip. Will be coming back next
time I am down here and will spread the word to other visitors as well.
Ms. Dusi herself stopped by and chatted with us and we let her know how
much we enjoyed her cooking!

--
Stokee

Old December 9th, 2011, 06:49 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Rik Brown[_142_]

Thank you for your post. I'll move this over to the forum dealing with
USA & Canada travel so others might see it.

If you get a chance and have more details about the place including
their website URL, we would love to see it as an addition to our
directory of Travel Links.

Thanks. -- Rik

--
Rik Brown

Share your experiences in the forums, blogs, videos, and online
community at 'TRAVEL.COM' (http://www.TRAVEL.com).

Old December 12th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Tollaxe Tollaxe is offline
Banned

really thank you so much for sharing your experience ... this post or yours is really informative !!
Old December 12th, 2011, 06:38 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Default Eat at DUSI'S CAFE in Williamsburg, Virginia

Tripadvisor ratings for Dusi Cafe & Deli are very good = 2, poor = 1, terrible =
1.

From Bonnie2556:

"This restaurant scared me from the minute I opened the door. The owners were
the only ones in there so I felt funny walking right back out. I couldn't
believe how filthy and old that place was. When I asked for a roast beef sub,
they didn't think they had any roast beef. They found a little in the back,
which scared me. How old was it and exactly where did they find it? Then the
woman made my sandwich with the same hands that were in the back room, without
washing them or wearing gloves. I took the sandwich to the car, afraid to sit
inside on those ripped up and dirty looking chairs and feeling uncomfortable
with the one owner sitting right there. I opened the sandwich and took one bite.
I nearly gagged. The smell of old beef was less than appetizing. I stopped right
away, after spitting out the one bite I took, and threw it away. I wanted
nothing to do with it. The price wasn't cheap so I wasted a lot of money on
something that was sub-standard, at best. Don't waste your time. All little
"dives" are not good, believe me."

But I guess if you're dull enough to tolerate a week in Williamsburg, this place
might be attractive to you.

-- Larry
Old December 13th, 2011, 01:01 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
- Bobb -[_2_]

Try
http://www.aromasworld.com/ordereze/default.aspx
I spent a few days in town and once I ate there- we had the rest of our
lunch /dinners there. Great atmosphere, good , friendly service - casual
food. Not dress up at all.