Best carrier from Newark to Pa.

Old May 5th, 2004, 12:55 AM

Default Best carrier from Newark to Pa.

Any recommendations on best carrier from Newark International to
Pittsburgh Pa? Fred

fjk

Old May 5th, 2004, 03:08 AM
Shawn Hearn

In article ,
wrote:

Any recommendations on best carrier from Newark International to
Pittsburgh Pa? Fred

What's your definition of best?
Old May 6th, 2004, 04:03 AM
CrazyOne - Greg Pacek

In article ,
mrtravelkay wrote:

wrote:

Any recommendations on best carrier from Newark International to
Pittsburgh Pa? Fred

Define "best" in your view.
For an hour in the air, any US airline should be tolerable.
At a glance, I see that UA, US, NW, and CO have nonstops.
Book the cheapest one and you should be fine.

Just wanted to point out that it's likely only USAirways (US) and
Continental (CO) actually have nonstop service between these cities.
The United (UA) and Northwest (NW) flights are likely codeshares on US
and CO respectively. (Newark is a CO hub. Pittsburgh is a US hub.
Can't imagine UA or NW having service between these two except via the
codeshares.) The service is probably all on regional jets these days.
Not a lot of difference, then, just book the most convenient times
and/or best price.

Amtrak is an option as someone mentioned. More relaxing, perhaps, but
even with arriving early at the airport, etc., it's going to take about
3x as long as flying and isn't likely to be cheaper as long as you stay
over a Saturday night and book the flight in advance. Plus there will
be more possible flight times than train times.

Driving would probably be cheaper and definiely take less time than the
train, and it would be a lot more flexible. It's just borderline in
the range where I would consider driving over flying. I'd generally
want to fly that distance. But you will need a car to get around out
here unless you're coming to visit someone who will be taking you
around. Just something to keep in mind.

--
CrazyOne | "I say what it occurs to me to say
aka Greg Pacek | when I think I hear people say