San Francisco: tourists vs. locals

Old February 15th, 2005, 02:33 AM
Douglas W. Hoyt

Default San Francisco: tourists vs. locals

"For every teeming tourist zone, there's a piece of San Francisco the
locals claim as their own.

Terrific article--thanks for forwarding it.

Old February 15th, 2005, 10:44 AM
Icono Clast

Douglas W. Hoyt wrote:
"For every teeming tourist zone, there's a piece of San
Francisco the locals claim as their own.

Terrific article--thanks for forwarding it.

I wouldn't go THAT far but it was OK in spite of a couple of minor
errors and one major one, that of recommending the Yuppie-infested
Cha Cha Cha (aka McCarthy's) when, on the same block of Mission
Street, there's Pachanga that serves Caribbean food under the
ownership and guidance of a lovely Costa Rican. Having eaten at each
of the Cha Cha Chas, I have no intention to return to either.

Also on that block of Mission Street is Bruno's with Louisiana
cuisine. Its Cork Lounge is one of our major music venues. I'm there
at least twice a month (see the Music section near the bottom of
"Special Events" page at the site at Left in the sig).

For information about what to see and do here, please visit the San
Francisco page at the site at Right in the sig.
One of (as of 2003) 751,682 residents of San Francisco
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 IClast at SFbay Net
Old February 16th, 2005, 11:38 AM
Icono Clast

Icono Clast wrote:
on the same block of Mission Street, there's Pachanga

That's Charanga. Get it right, willya!