Best Hotel Locations - Shanghai and Beijing

Old March 28th, 2007, 05:35 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Walt Bilofsky

Default Best Hotel Locations - Shanghai and Beijing

How important is hotel location in Shanghai and Beijing? What is the
best location for walking around to sights and interesting shopping
(as opposed to skyscrapers and malls)?

We're taking a tour of China, and will be on our own for three days
each in Shanghai and Beijing on either end of the tour. The tour has
us in the Westin Beijing (Financial Street) and the St. Regis in
Pudong, Shanghai.

The question is whether to stay in these hotels on our own, or find
better locations. We like to go out and walk around, but if there's
excellent public transportation near the hotel, it might outweigh the
hassle of packing up and moving.
Old April 1st, 2007, 11:10 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
TV

"Walt Bilofsky" ha scritto nel messaggio
How important is hotel location in Shanghai and Beijing? What is the
best location for walking around to sights and interesting shopping
(as opposed to skyscrapers and malls)?

We're taking a tour of China, and will be on our own for three days
each in Shanghai and Beijing on either end of the tour. The tour has
us in the Westin Beijing (Financial Street) and the St. Regis in
Pudong, Shanghai.

The question is whether to stay in these hotels on our own, or find
better locations. We like to go out and walk around, but if there's
excellent public transportation near the hotel, it might outweigh the
hassle of packing up and moving.

Hi, i feel to suggest you, about Shanghai, to book an Hotel in Puxi side of
the river. Pudong is the "other" side, financial district, the one with many
high buildings and industrial plants. Everything in Shanghai is in Puxi.
Shopping, best locations, markets, sights etc...
http://www.travelers24.com/travel_shanghai_china.php

Have a nice trip in China!
http://www.travelers24.com/the_lowdo...ina_travel.php

ciao
TV

Old April 1st, 2007, 07:28 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Walt Bilofsky

"TV" TV@TV wrote:

"Walt Bilofsky" ha scritto nel messaggio
.. .
[...]

Grazie, TV. I have looked some more, and changed to the Puxi side.

There are two good hotels at the west end of the Nanjing Road shopping
street, near People's Park. I think this is a good location. The Le
Royal Meridian is a top quality hotel, and there is also a Radisson.

Ciao,

Walt
Old April 1st, 2007, 10:50 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
TV

"Walt Bilofsky" ha scritto nel messaggio
news
"TV" TV@TV wrote:

"Walt Bilofsky" ha scritto nel messaggio
. ..
[...]

You're going right, the end of Nanjing Road is perfect, in my opinion. Easy
to take metro (is clean, safety, excellent), easy to jump on a taxi (they
are very cheaper), close to bus stops (the more important lines). One step
to main shopping areas and close to the nice park of People's square.
Perfect location.

Royal Meridian is brand new in People's Square area, opened in 2005-2006.
Stilish!
Radisson New World is one of the symbols of the Shanghai's skyline, with is
Sky bar-restaurant on top. Excellent choice!

ciao
TV