Not fond of dressing up

Old November 23rd, 2003, 10:21 PM
steve

Default Not fond of dressing up

dressing up is extra work i already do too much of that

Old November 24th, 2003, 12:02 AM

Dressing up, for me, is all part of the cruise experience. In fact, I'd
like to see every dinner (and evening) on the ship, as a formal affair.
After all....The next cruise I'm taking will figure out to 500 bucks a
day -- per person (basic). Why not live the part that you've paid for, I
say. ...I can always wear my jeans and t-shirts at home where I have
to cook my own meal, and serve myself.. . ...Jon

Old November 24th, 2003, 01:23 AM
Jim

I will also make this comment based on the post below:
If I had the money OR if someone paid my way to go on a Crystal,
Seabourne, or other luxury cruse...well...believe me I would pack a tux,
or even rent one, AND wear it EVERY night.

From:
Dressing up, for me, is all part of the cruise experience. In fact, I'd
like to see every dinner (and evening) on the ship, as a formal affair.
After all....The next cruise I'm taking will figure out to 500 bucks a
day -- per person (basic). Why not live the part that you've paid for, I
say. =A0 =A0 ...I can always wear my jeans and t-shirts at home where I
have to cook my own meal, and serve myself..............Jon

Old November 24th, 2003, 03:23 AM
Jean O'Boyle

wrote in message
Dressing up, for me, is all part of the cruise experience. In fact, I'd
like to see every dinner (and evening) on the ship, as a formal affair.
After all....The next cruise I'm taking will figure out to 500 bucks a
day -- per person (basic). Why not live the part that you've paid for, I
say. ...I can always wear my jeans and t-shirts at home where I have
to cook my own meal, and serve myself.. . ...Jon

Jon, to me, that is going from one extreme to another, especially on
Caribbean cruises. I enjoy the formal nights when they are designated, but
prefer smart casual for the rest of the time~no sloppy t-shirts, cutoffs or
jeans for me!

--Jean

Old November 24th, 2003, 02:24 PM
Becca

The next cruise I'm taking will figure out to 500 bucks a
day -- per person (basic). Why not live the part that you've paid
for, I say.

Jon, if you enjoy dressing up each day, then do it. Nobody will stop
you and it sounds as if you would enjoy it.

Becca -----dressing casually today...

GGC http://www.ggc2004.com/
Norwegian Dawn http://www.cruisemaster.com/dawn.htm
Sleazy3 http://www.cruisemaster.com/sleazy3.htm
MOAGC http://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com/
Old November 24th, 2003, 04:18 PM

Hi Becca... Wearing a tux on a "casual day", to me, is comparable to
another wearing a windbreaker and jeans on a formal night.
...I prefer to abide by the attire requested by the cruise line. ....In
spite of this, I do tend to wear a sports jacket for the non-formal
nights, and _always_ have one on while attending the dining room.
...But then I tend to wear them on a daily basis at home anyways.
...I have gone to the midnight snack on HAL's formal night, wearing my
tuxedo; however, I would say I was the best dressed male there.
...Didn't bother me, though, as I was still abiding by the dress code
for the evening.
....I have to tell you, though, woman are never hesitant to give you a
smile when you're well dressed, especially in a tux. ...And of course,
being a single guy, I can live with that. What the heck, if you feel
like a million dollars, why not dress the part, especially if the cruise
ship's " dress code" affords one the opportunity to do so... Geez.. I
could attend our local Denny's restaurant in my tux, too. ...But only If
I wanted to look like the local goof-ball. .....Jon