Best Computer Service In Thailand

Old November 6th, 2003, 03:12 PM
Frank Greer

Default Best Computer Service In Thailand

Buying a new laptop to take with me for my retirement in Thailand.

What company offers the best customer service centers?

I have been told Compaq is by far the best and I remember seeing a
large Compaq service center on Sukumvit Rd just past Buckskin Joes.

Old November 6th, 2003, 04:05 PM
Lawrence

Frank Greer wrote:

Buying a new laptop to take with me for my retirement in Thailand.

What company offers the best customer service centers?

I have been told Compaq is by far the best and I remember seeing a
large Compaq service center on Sukumvit Rd just past Buckskin Joes.

Reputation-wise, it seems Compaq has the worst rep for service in
Thailand. I've see such mentions in the Post IT section a few times
over the last couple of years, and also local service staff warned me
about them when I was buying my Compaq notebook some months ago... On
the plus side, I'm quite happy with the notebook, so far.

Getting good and reliable computer service in Thai ain't easy. I've gone
through at least 10 different techs in the last year when trying to find
someone to work on my computers. Fine for installing stuff, not so good
at analyzing and problem solving, in my experience. Even if you find a
good tech in a shop, he might not be there next week..

If you decide to buy your computer here, I can recommend Global Computer
http://global.co.th for excellent sales and after-sales service. I've
bought 2 notebooks from them, and have also had them do work and
upgrades. Very helpful and patient staff. Located in Pantip plaza. And
they actually return phone calls..;-)

Not real sure about their English skills, though. Probably good enough,
anyway. Inquires in English might be best done by email, rather than by
phone, to insure clear understanding....

Good luck.

Lawrence

Old November 6th, 2003, 06:31 PM
Takin Gthepiss

"COWARD Of New Jersey" squealed

Buying a new laptop to take with me for my retirement in Thailand.

**So as you can continue trolling over there as well????? ;-)

Old November 16th, 2003, 07:58 AM
WhiteShiva

Frank,

I had some problems with my Acer laptop screen a few years ago, had to go
down to their Service Center, where they replaced it in less than an hour
for a marginal cost (can't remember the exact figure). Staff didn't speak
much English, but were very helpful.

Trond