No ads please !!!

Old June 7th, 2004, 01:14 PM
Bobby

Default No ads please !!!

I love travelling to Africa and like reading about others who are about to
go or learn about their experiences. That is why I often read the
rec.travel.africa newsgroup.

But it seems that more and more companies are using it for their advertising
and that is fairly annoying. In fact, it is against the whole principle of
this newsgroup. So please stop using this forum for your advertising. Some
do it openly with price information while others seem to do it more covered,
like:
"Thinking about going to XYZ. Apparently it is a great place with a, b, c, d
and e. They should be super friendly people as well. See this link:
http://www.visitoursuperbplace.com. Anyone been there?"

I think these are even worse, as they are written by people who know the
newsgroup is not for advertising.

Old June 7th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Marc Lurie

You've got my vote Bobby.