How to buy cruise as gift for someone?

Old May 4th, 2004, 04:03 AM
John

Default How to buy cruise as gift for someone?

Hi,

I'd like to give someone a gift cruise. I don't want to pick the
dates. I also want them to be able to upgrade rooms, activities, or
whatever.

Is there an easy way to buy a cruise for someone and then allow them
to pick the dates?

Thanks,
John
Old May 4th, 2004, 04:12 AM
Mark

It's easy. Work with a Travel Agent.

Arrange the details (what you're willing to pay, the ship. cabin category,
whatever) with the TA. The TA can provide a brochure or other item to
present as a present to your lucky friend.

They can then contact the TA to arrange the details, and the TA will process
the charges against each or your cards as appropriate.

Mark

om...

Old May 4th, 2004, 04:13 AM
K. Keeney

If you have a travel agent in mind, work with them to come up with a
"gift certificate." The travel agent would charge your credit card once
all the arrangements were made.

This kind of personal service would require a small customer-focused
travel agent, just like some of the regulars on this group.

KK

Old May 4th, 2004, 04:20 AM
Mike Cordelli

If they have a preferred travel agent you can work with the agent and they
will take care of it for you.

They will work out all the arrangements, and then they can charge it to you,
or you can give them a prepaid card or whatever to cover the cost of it if
they want everything in their name, etc.

Old May 4th, 2004, 10:32 PM
BJ

John,

Just give them my name and your credit card number!!! Thanks :-)

BJ