Hotel Room Cooking--How Common is It?

Old January 2nd, 2008, 08:21 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,soc.culture.china
Hatunen

Default Hotel Room Cooking--How Common is It?

On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 22:18:07 -0800 (PST), Ira Humperdink MD
wrote:

On Jan 1, 9:43 pm, Hatunen wrote:
On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 18:50:26 -0800 (PST), Ira Humperdink MD

wrote:
On Jan 1, 2:09 pm, Hatunen wrote:
On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 13:47:17 -0800 (PST), Ira Humperdink MD

My wife and I are licensed foster parents specializing in the
care of medically fragile infants. In the last twenty-two years
we've had about 80 babies come into our care, all of them with
medical problems, such as HIV infection, fetal alcohol syndrome,
"failure to thrive", drug addicted etc. Our last baby was born in
a toilet to a crack using mother and was badly cared for. Our
current baby was born with fetal alcohol syndrome and a couple of
holes in his heart that don't belong there; at ten weeks age he
weighs less than seven pounds. When and if we can get his weight
up a couple more pounds he will receive heart surgery.

good for you.

So tell me again: what is it you do for society? Pay your taxes?

According to our Founding Fathers, it's my legal right, after paying
my taxes, to pursue
my own life, liberty, and happiness.

It sure is. No argument.

You should know that my whole
goods
companies provide more useful
goods and services to society that have benefited more people than you
can ever care for. So who are you
to criticize?

We're all also free to criticise.

Are you one of those liberals who believes everybody
else should either do what you do or burn in hell?

Hey. You were the one who asked me "how are you contributing
to society? sitting at home today eating hot dogs in front of
the tv doesn't count" So I told you how I was contributing to
society just like you asked.

And you're the one who said, "and before you hang me, I paid
enough TAXES this year to feed 25,000 people for the entire year,
3 squares a day" which certainly strikes me as a holier than thou
boast.

Or are you one of those capitalists who believes everybody
else should either do what you do or burn in hell?

As to my question, "So tell me again: what is it you do for
society? Pay your taxes?", you seem to be answering in the
affirmative.

I probably should mention that I own and have owned corporate
stocks.

yeah, but owning a meager $300,000 in your 401K hardly amounts to
helping uncle sam pay to build that road you drive on every day.

What? Uncle Sam's not accepting my gasoline taxes anymore?

I don't have a 401K.

Being retired, I don't drive on roads every day. And they're
usually city streets.

And what about your kids. When they grow up, who is going to pay for
their medicare and millions of dollars of other government services?
Us TAXPAYERS, that's who.

Come, come. You probably won't even be around anymore.

Old January 2nd, 2008, 09:34 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada, soc.culture.china
Ira Humperdink MD

Come, come. You probably won't even be around anymore.

come on, you know that uncle sam makes up a budget that includes
estimates for future medicare expenses and then raises taxes NOW in
anticipation of future expenses. it's call accrual accounting. and
hilliary will want to increase those future expenses so that your
handicap kids will get free massages and other taxpayer paid subsidies.
Old January 2nd, 2008, 09:36 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada, soc.culture.china
Ira Humperdink MD

On Dec 27 2007, 9:00 am, "Jochen Kriegerowski"
wrote:
"SMS $B;[h\J8(B* $B2F(B" schrieb

Hmm, I know George Foreman and Evander Holyfield have electric
grills, but I haven't seen the Mike Tyson model yet.

Since I hate boxing I'd *never ever* buy one of these ;-)

Jochen

i can make kimchee under the bed. turn up the heat to speed up
fermentation.