Hotel Room Cooking--How Common is It?

Old December 27th, 2007, 06:10 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
CalifBill

Default Hotel Room Cooking--How Common is It?

"sharx35" wrote in message

"Marsha" wrote in message
sharx35 wrote:
Cheap *******s like Calif Bill don't realize that part of being on a
TRUE vacation is NOT, repeat NOT having to make meals.

Not at all. It's a matter of priorities. If I can go on an extra city
tour or spend more days on the road on vacation by fixing my own food in
the hotel room, it's a tradeoff that is well worth it. Food is not the
most important thing to everyone when they are on vacation.

Marsha/Ohio

Food and sex are the biggies. Everything else pales in comparison.

You seem to not understand neither of those items.

Old December 27th, 2007, 06:13 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
CalifBill

"sharx35" wrote in message

"SMS ???. ?" wrote in message
sharx35 wrote:

Cheap *******s like Calif Bill don't realize that part of being on a
TRUE vacation is NOT, repeat NOT having to make meals.

I find eating every meal in a restaurant to be less relaxing than eating
on the balcony of the hotel room, or in a communal kitchen.

A communal kitchen is relaxing? Yeah, right.

This past winter we went to Banff and stayed in a cabin at the hostel,
which was next to the main building that had a communal kitchen. You get
to meet other travelers, and it's more relaxing than dealing with crowds
at restaurants. Plus, the food in Alberta restaurants is not particularly
memorable, and many don't allow children (they are permitted to allow
either smoking or children, and most choose smoking).

D'oh, I wonder why. Children are, all too often, a major pain in the ass
in restaurants.

Now in a place like San Francisco, with so many good and reasonably
priced restaurants, it's a different story entirely. I'd never bother
cooking in San Francisco, and even many locals feel the same way.

I used to travel a lot for business and sitting in a nice restaurant by
yourself is not always that interesting. Ate in a lot of Waffle Houses for
just that reason. And I had expense account that allowed me eat anyplace I
wanted. Also, I guess you are massively overweight with bad health from all
the fast food you consume.

Old December 27th, 2007, 06:31 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada, soc.culture.china
Ira Humperdink MD

On Dec 26, 8:32 pm, Jim Davis wrote:
On Dec 26, 1:11 pm, "Rog'" wrote:

wrote:
I'd say that everyone I saw looked financially able to eat at the
hotel restaurants. There were low-priced fast food restaurants
on the bottom floor, as well as many low-priced restaurants nearby...

In some cases, it may be due to peculiar dietary needs which cannot
always be met by commercial restaurants. Or the guest may simply
be cheap... although they could save even more at a campground.

"Cheap" might not be the word for it in some cases. When I'm out on a
two to four week stretch, three meals a day can get damn expensive
eating out. It's more relaxing in the room too. Besides, Denny's
frowns on me eating breakfast in front of their TV, in my underwear.

I bring a mike tyson grill and an electric wok to make steak dinners
with. If you don't want to stir fry veggies, you can "steam" veggies
by heating them up by running hot water in the bath tub.
Old December 27th, 2007, 06:54 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
大连毕业设计

On Dec 26, 5:32 pm, SMS $B;[h\J8(B* $B2F(B wrote:
I was checking into a hotel in Reno the other day, when I noticed the
guy in front of me was carrying a full size crock pot with him. Someone
in the elevator was carrying a rice cooker, and when I was checking out
I saw someone carrying in toaster-oven (or so the box said).

Like most hotel guests, I've heated up leftovers wrapped in foil using
the iron, or used the in-room coffee maker to warm up canned soup, but I
never realized how many people are doing in-room cooking.

a href="http://lv.best-buys.cn" title="sell lv bags"strongbuy lv
bags/strong/a
a href="http://lv.best-buys.cn/shop/" title="lv bags on
sale"strongbuy lv bags/strong/a
a href="http://lv.best-buys.cn" title="sell lv bags"strongreplica
lv handbags/strong/a
a href="http://lv.best-buys.cn/shop/" title="lv bags on
sale"strongLouis Vuitton replica handbags/strong/a
a href="http://replica.best-buys.cn/" title="replica Louis Vuitton
handbags"strongLouis Vuitton replica handbags/strong/a

a href="http://replica.best-buys.cn/" title="buy replica Louis
Vuitton handbags"strongbuy Louis Vuitton replica handbags/strong/

a href="http://replica.best-buys.cn/" title="replica Louis Vuitton
handbags online"strongLouis Vuitton replica handbags online/
strong/a

a href="http://replica.best-buys.cn/" title="replica Louis Vuitton
handbags shop"strongLouis Vuitton replica handbags shop/strong/
Of course when I got home I Googled "hotel room cooking" and found
instructions on how to cook bacon on the iron, and steam vegetables in
the coffee maker, but I also found a lot of stories about how people
bring in small appliances to enable them to cook in their rooms.

Old December 27th, 2007, 12:28 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,soc.culture.china
A Mate[_2_]

If you don't want to stir fry veggies, you can "steam" veggies
by heating them up by running hot water in the bath tub.

No wonder the USA will NOT join the Kyoto Convention - and remains the
World's largest per capita contributor to Greenhouse Gas Emmissions!!!

Old December 27th, 2007, 12:32 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada, soc.culture.china
lechergod

On Dec 26, 1:11 pm, "Rog'" wrote:

wrote:
I'd say that everyone I saw looked financially able to eat at the
hotel restaurants. There were low-priced fast food restaurants
on the bottom floor, as well as many low-priced restaurants nearby....

In some cases, it may be due to peculiar dietary needs which cannot
always be met by commercial restaurants. *Or the guest may simply
be cheap... although they could save even more at a campground.

"Cheap" might not be the word for it in some cases. *When I'm out on a
two to four week stretch, three meals a day can get damn expensive
eating out. *It's more relaxing in the room too. Besides, Denny's
frowns on me eating breakfast in front of their TV, in my underwear.

I bring a mike tyson grill and an electric wok to make steak dinners
with. *If you don't want to stir fry veggies, you can "steam" veggies
by heating them up by running hot water in the bath tub.

ha-ha ha-ha!!!! really idiot this ******* son of dirty vagina
prostitute!!!!
only poor people like you cook in hotel room!!!!!
Old December 27th, 2007, 12:45 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,soc.culture.china
J. Clarke[_2_]

A Mate wrote:
If you don't want to stir fry veggies, you can "steam" veggies
by heating them up by running hot water in the bath tub.

No wonder the USA will NOT join the Kyoto Convention - and remains
the
World's largest per capita contributor to Greenhouse Gas
Emmissions!!!

That depends on whose numbers you believe. According to some datasets
several Middle Eastern countries beat the US by 50 percent or more.
The margin between the US, Canada, and Australia is quite small, a
fraction of a percent according to some estimates while others have
Australia ahead by 30 percent or so.

On Dec 26, 1:11 pm, "Rog'" wrote:

wrote:
[...]

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Old December 27th, 2007, 03:28 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
SMS 鏂拏鏂団 澶

sharx35 wrote:
"SMS ???. ?" wrote in message
sharx35 wrote:

Cheap *******s like Calif Bill don't realize that part of being on a TRUE
vacation is NOT, repeat NOT having to make meals.

I find eating every meal in a restaurant to be less relaxing than eating
on the balcony of the hotel room, or in a communal kitchen.

A communal kitchen is relaxing? Yeah, right.

Very relaxing. You aren't rushed, you have lots of space to spread out,
there are large refrigerators and commercial quality appliances. They
have lockers to store your non-perishables. You don't have to get back
in the car and drive somewhere to go eat. You have better food, it's
faster, and it's less expensive.

You have to look at the big picture. Most of those people that are
cooking in their rooms could well afford to eat out every meal if that's
the way they chose to spend their time and money.

This past winter we went to Banff and stayed in a cabin at the hostel,
which was next to the main building that had a communal kitchen. You get
to meet other travelers, and it's more relaxing than dealing with crowds
at restaurants. Plus, the food in Alberta restaurants is not particularly
memorable, and many don't allow children (they are permitted to allow
either smoking or children, and most choose smoking).

D'oh, I wonder why. Children are, all too often, a major pain in the ass in
restaurants.

Financially, it probably makes much more sense to allow smoking than
children in a place like Alberta. Children don't eat enough, often they
get low-priced kid's meals, and of course they aren't consuming
high-margin beer, wine, and mixed drinks. In a place with a lot of
smokers and big drinkers, the restaurants can write-off adults that want
a smoke-free restaurant, as well as families. Walking and driving around
Calgary in the winter looking for a non-fast-food restaurant that allows
kids was no fun. We finally found a good Chinese restaurant in Calgary
Chinatown.
Old December 27th, 2007, 03:46 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,soc.culture.china
TheNewsGuy(Mike)

A Mate wrote:
..
No wonder the USA will NOT join the Kyoto Convention - and remains the
World's largest per capita contributor to Greenhouse Gas Emmissions!!!

Actually, Australia is the world's largest per capita contributor of
Greenhouse Gas Emissions!!!!!!!

http://www.carbonplanet.com/country_emissions (+ many other...)

--
Sawyer Nicknames

Seinfeld Trivia, Lists, and Scripts
http://seinfeld.xtreemhost.com/
Old December 27th, 2007, 04:37 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada, soc.culture.china
rst0wxyz

On Dec 26, 1:11 pm, "Rog'" wrote:

wrote:
[...]

You can't even do a good imitation of lecher dog.