Paris Notes (2)

Old July 26th, 2004, 05:11 PM
Miss L. Toe

Default Paris Notes (2)

"Richard" wrote in message
"Miss L. Toe" wrote in message

It'll be interesting to see what you make of Madrid, on four
business trips there I saw no reason to go back as a tourist.

(But there was a very good Mexican restaurant just off the
main square).

Do you remember the restaurant's name? One thing that struck me about

Madrid
was that their attempts at Mexican food were downright pathetic. It seemed
as if though no Mexican with any sort of culinary ability had ever set

foot
in the Spanish capital.

Richard

http://www.madaboutmadrid.com/guide/...hi_mexica.html

Having never eaten Mexican food in Mexico, I cant vouch for the authenticity
of the food, but the restaurant was great fun. (Especially the shots from
the holster).

Old July 26th, 2004, 05:15 PM
Miss L. Toe

"Padraig Breathnach" wrote in message
"Miss L. Toe" wrote:

Paris chic:
The idea of the parisienne chic is something of a cliché, but when I
first visited Paris it appeared to me that it had some basis in fact:
the city seemed to have more than its fair share of well-groomed,
well-dressed women. It no longer appears so.

You should visit Milan, maybe Milan is the new Paris.

Perhaps if I wanted to seek out such women. But I prefer informality.

I think there was a MacDonalds in Madrid :-)

In fact why not just emigrate to the USA ?

And then home to contemplate our next trip (Madrid).

It'll be interesting to see what you make of Madrid, on four business

trips
there I saw no reason to go back as a tourist.

We don't go until late October; I hope that you can bear the wait.

I shall wait with baited breath, to see if I can be persuaded to return at
my personal cost.

(But there was a very good Mexican restaurant just off the main square).

You mean food with loads of chillis, burn-your-mouth-off stuff? Nah.
I'll settle for Spanish.

Nah - it wasn't too hot.
But I usually prefer to eat local when travelling.

Old July 26th, 2004, 06:14 PM
Olivers

Miss L. Toe extrapolated from data available...

http://www.madaboutmadrid.com/guide/...hi_mexica.html

Having never eaten Mexican food in Mexico, I cant vouch for the
authenticity of the food, but the restaurant was great fun.
(Especially the shots from the holster).

God preserve us from cultural excesses such as those which you describe.

TMO

Old July 26th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Jeremy Henderson

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 18:15:23 +0100, Miss L. Toe wrote:

I shall wait with baited breath

Oh no you won't !!!!!

peevishly,

J;

--
Encrypted e-mail address. Click to mail me:
http://cerbermail.com/?nKYh3qN4YG

Old July 27th, 2004, 01:12 AM
Frank F. Matthews

Padraig Breathnach wrote:

"Miss L. Toe" wrote:

Paris chic:
The idea of the parisienne chic is something of a cliché, but when I
first visited Paris it appeared to me that it had some basis in fact:
the city seemed to have more than its fair share of well-groomed,
well-dressed women. It no longer appears so.

You should visit Milan, maybe Milan is the new Paris.

Perhaps if I wanted to seek out such women. But I prefer informality.

And then home to contemplate our next trip (Madrid).

It'll be interesting to see what you make of Madrid, on four business trips
there I saw no reason to go back as a tourist.

We don't go until late October; I hope that you can bear the wait.

(But there was a very good Mexican restaurant just off the main square).

You mean food with loads of chillis, burn-your-mouth-off stuff? Nah.
I'll settle for Spanish.

You really should try some Mexican food. If you cannot manage Mexico I
can make some suggestions in Houston.