Seabourn's Website Scores Top Awards!

Old September 21st, 2004, 02:47 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Seabourn's Website Scores Top Awards!

Hi Everyone,

I received this information from Seabourn and thought it would
be of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are
available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Seabourn's Website Scores Two Top Web Awards for 2004

Named 'Best Travel Site' and 'Best Leisure Site' By Web Marketing
Association

MIAMI, Sept. 21
The website for ultra luxury cruise pioneer Seabourn Cruise Line,
located at http://www.seabourn.com , has been selected by the judges
of the Seventh Annual Web Marketing Association "WebAwards"
competition as the Best Travel Site for 2004. In addition, the judges
named Seabourn's innovative Virtual Theater this year's Best Leisure
Site.

The Best Travel Site award was presented to Chicago-based Quicksilver
Associates, Seabourn's website host and provider. The Best Leisure
Site award went to Miami's BGT Partners, the company hired by Seabourn
to create an interactive Virtual Theater section to display streaming
video, 360-degree photography and other images illustrating Seabourn's
cruise product.

"Seabourn's vision is to be the best of the best in ultra luxury
travel," said Deborah Natansohn, Seabourn's president. "And that
vision extends to the way we present ourselves on the Web. It's
important to us that our website be as elegant, handsome and as
hospitable to visitors as our yachts are to our guests."

WMA judges measured all nominated competitors based on seven criteria:
design; innovation; content; technology; interactivity, copywriting
and ease of use.

Seabourn's Web presence offers visitors hundreds of pages of
information about the intimate, all-suite Yachts of Seabourn, the
company's award-winning Signature Delights onboard features and
amenities and the worldwide itineraries sailed by Seabourn Pride,
Spirit and Legend.

A separate section for travel agents allows them to order marketing
materials, download images and logos, customize brochures or emails
for their use and request bookings. In addition, the site contains
sales policies and a survey for agents.

Visitors can create a personalized page called My Seabourn, where they
can store itineraries of interest, create and maintain a personal
profile and otherwise enhance the customization of the site to their
wishes.

The Virtual Theater section features several different streaming video
presentations, including a thrilling aerial view of a Seabourn Yacht
underway, a delightful "Shopping with the Chef" excursion and a video
of actual Seabourn guests relating their own "Seabourn Stories"
anecdotes.

For more information, contact a travel agent.

The Yachts of Seabourn, the highest-rated cruise line by the readers
of Departures magazine, provides the ultimate in ultra luxury cruise
vacations to the most desirable destinations on earth.

The Yachts of Seabourn is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise
Lines. Our exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines,
Holland America, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises and
Windstar Cruises. Sharing a passion to please each guest and a
commitment to quality and value, our member lines appeal to a wide
range of lifestyles and budgets. Together we offer exciting and
enriching cruise vacations to the world's most desirable destinations.

The Yachts of Seabourn is a brand of Carnival Corporation and plc
(NYSE: CCL and CUK), and supports the Ocean Conservation & Tourism
Alliance, dedicated to education and promotion of best practices for
protecting the marine environment.