What are your fave Aus road trip destinations you like driving to ?

Old May 1st, 2005, 04:29 AM

Default What are your fave Aus road trip destinations you like driving to ?

What are your favorite Australian road trip destinations you like
getting to, or visiting by car and please say why for any one/s named ?

Old May 1st, 2005, 05:28 AM
A Mate

I agree with Alan. So many places, so much to do!

Last big road trip - Brisbane thru' Roma, Charleville, Windorah, Birdsville,
Bouilia, Winton, Longreach, Barcaldine, Emerald, Rockhampton, Biloela,
Kingaroy to Brisbane. All in an AWD Mitsubishi Magna. Two weeks.

Motorail with us) then thru' Barcaldine, Aramac, Muttuburra, Hughenden,
Normanton, Croydon, Georgetown, Undara, Herberton, Cairns, to Brisbane.
Two - three weeks.

Googla awat to see what's available at the places named. Too much to write.

"Alan S" wrote in message
On 30 Apr 2005 20:29:28 -0700, wrote:

What are your favorite Australian road trip destinations you like
getting to, or visiting by car and please say why for any one/s named ?

On my road trips, the destination is much less important
than the journey.

I was going to try to give a brief answer with details, but
I can't; too many places, too many details. And I've only
driven in the Eastern States, only by plane to the rest.

The reasons? To see places I haven't, to wander at my own
pace in the countryside, to come across unexpected views,
vistas, people.

Can you be a little more specific? A region, your interests?

My favourite is always the next one.

Cheers, Alan, Australia

Old May 1st, 2005, 09:14 AM

Alan, please still answer as I'd like to hear your picks and why, if
possible . Doesn't at all matter if they're East Coast destinations.

Joe

Old May 1st, 2005, 10:55 AM
Jeff

"Alan S" wrote in message
On 30 Apr 2005 20:29:28 -0700, wrote:

What are your favorite Australian road trip destinations you like
getting to, or visiting by car and please say why for any one/s named ?

On my road trips, the destination is much less important
than the journey.

I was going to try to give a brief answer with details, but
I can't; too many places, too many details. And I've only
driven in the Eastern States, only by plane to the rest.

The reasons? To see places I haven't, to wander at my own
pace in the countryside, to come across unexpected views,
vistas, people.

Can you be a little more specific? A region, your interests?

My favourite is always the next one.

Cheers, Alan, Australia

1 Brisbane to Cairns - lots of stopping off places, towns off the highway,
the Whitsunday Islands, coastal towns gateways to many scenic islands, reef
etc.

2 Perth to Brisbane - to experience the remoteness and harshness of the
Australian desert - via Esperance, Nullabor Plain, Port Augusta, Broken
Hill, Moree, Goondiwindi

3 Brisbane to Warnambool - to experience beautiful coastal places in New
South Wales and the Great Ocean Road in Victoria.

4 Alice Springs to Kings Canyon and Ayers Rock - for the magnificence off
the land, fantastic country, true outback

The above has been my best road trips. my next planned trip is Brisbane to
darwin, Well i have flown it about 15 times, high time we experienced the
drive.

cheers
Jeff

Old May 1st, 2005, 03:38 PM
Jason

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 20:29:28 -0700, cyan999 wrote:

What are your favorite Australian road trip destinations you like getting
to, or visiting by car and please say why for any one/s named ?

I drove from Sydney to Melbourne the long way a few years ago. I went via
Jervis Bay, then through the Snowy Mountains, down to Sorrento, got the
ferry across, Bell's Beach, Great Ocean Road, Grampians and then back into
Melbourne.

It was fun and the distances aren't huge.

Jason

--
See http://www.scuba-addict.co.uk/ for UK diving reports and the UK
Underwater Visibility Database. View the database or add your own report