RCCL Screwup/Lies

Old January 21st, 2005, 04:30 PM
DaFlaBear

Default RCCL Screwup/Lies

I never thought I would be saying this but I'm really ****ed at RCCL.
Somehow when I made my reservation, the agent at RCCL set my Docs up for
"pier pickup" something I never even heard of.
The only way I found out was when I called my travel agent (whom I
turned the reservation over to after I made it directly with RCCL) and
asked her were my Docs were two weeks ago.
Since then, she was promised THREE different times that they would be
mailed directly to me.
I called RCCL customer sevice as far back as last Friday and they told
me they were sent out, which was a complete lie.
Today they told me they were printed but the system is down. Now if they
are printed what difference does it make if the system is down? Put them
in an overnight envelope and send them fed ex.
What a bunch of liars.
Now I have to go to the madhouse that is Port of Miami and find the docs
SOMEWHERE with SOMEBODY just to get my luggage tags.
Good way to treat Platinum Crown and Anchor members.

Old January 21st, 2005, 05:09 PM
HDawson228

Don't worry about luggage tags. The porters that take your luggage have tags
and the manifest showing your cabin number. There is a desk at the pier
clearly marked for Pier Pickup Docs.
Old January 21st, 2005, 05:34 PM
HDawson228

I too am having trouble posting and reading.

Not to worry. The porters that take you luggage at the pier have luggage tags
and the manifest showing your cabin number.
Also there is a desk just for Pier Pickup of docs, clearly identified.
Old January 21st, 2005, 05:46 PM
DaFlaBear

Thanks HD.
I've never done it that way before.
It's wild enough down there at luggage dropoff without these extra
steps.
I would not be so ticked if they had not lied about it so many times.
VERY unlike RCCL, but maybe they are so big they don't care anymore.
I know that their largest stockholders (the Pritzkers who own Hyatt) are
also a big company but still give GREAT service.

Old January 22nd, 2005, 04:15 AM
William Coleman

Just make sure they put the right cabin number on your luggage tags. Somehow
he put the wrong numbers on ours and we had a scavenger hunt until 9pm to
finally get all of our luggage.

When we checked in the woman at the desk said you're in cabin XXX. I said
that is not what the porter said. She said don't worry, they double check
the tags with the manifest. lol We did get 2 of 4 pieces. One piece was
outside the door of the other cabin the porter said we were in, and finally
found the last piece at the pursers desk.

Good Luck
Bill
--
visit my Caribbean Princess website
www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com

"Tom & Linda" wrote in message

"DaFlaBear" wrote in message
[...]

We did E-ticket pier pick up of our tickets for Constellation in NYC last
fall.

It took about an extra 30 seconds. There was no line - it's a whole
separate area for it. It was no big deal.

It's basically like E-tickets for an airline.

Porters outside have a listing of cabin numbers and tag your luggage even
before you get your E-tickets inside. At least that's how it worked in

NYC.

--Tom

Old January 22nd, 2005, 04:20 PM
Peter Berlin

Agents now have the ability to generate e tickets on RCL and Celebrity
Cruises. The can be emailed to you and you can print them yourself.
Agents also can print vinyl printed luggage tags with your name and
cabin number on them, very similar to the ones that come directly from
RCL/Celeb.

Peter
Peter Berlin's Travel Center
Your GGC2005 Host Agency http://ggc2005.com

Peter Berlin's Travel Center http://peterberlin.com

Old January 22nd, 2005, 04:22 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 16:20:31 GMT, Peter Berlin wrote:

Agents now have the ability to generate e tickets on RCL and Celebrity
Cruises. The can be emailed to you and you can print them yourself.
Agents also can print vinyl printed luggage tags with your name and
cabin number on them, very similar to the ones that come directly from
RCL/Celeb.

I don't know where you have been but Cruisequick has been doing this for
two years.
Old January 24th, 2005, 04:49 AM
shoreguy

One tip - print a sheet of mailing labels with your name address and cabin
number. You can slap them on the tags at the pier and use the rest for the
tags on the return.

Old January 24th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Dorothy Clarkson

In the past 6 years we have taken 5 cruises and have always had pier
pick-up. Works just like E tickets on an airline. This was on Princess,
RCCL, and Celebrity. There has never been a problem.

news

Old January 30th, 2005, 09:50 PM
DaFlaBear

OK,
So I'm a dummy.
A Dummy who has been on over 40 cruises, now 10 on RCCL.
You guys were right as always.
We showed up in MIami at about 10:45 and were on the ship by 11:15.
Not a problem.
GREAT cruise except toilets were broke three nights out of seven.
Not good!

" Tomorrow is promised to no one".... Walter Payton, 10/7/84.