Easiest/cheapest way between SVG and Sandnes

Old June 22nd, 2012, 10:41 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jake[_3_]

Default Easiest/cheapest way between SVG and Sandnes

Will be travelling between Stavanger Airport and Sandnes on a Sunday. Like a
lot of things in Norway, Norwegian taxis are expensive. Does anyone know if
there a direct bus service, or will it necessitate a trip to Stavanger
centre to connect with bus services from there?

Old June 22nd, 2012, 08:05 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mark Brader

"Jake" writes:
Will be travelling between Stavanger Airport and Sandnes on a Sunday. Like a
lot of things in Norway, Norwegian taxis are expensive. Does anyone know if
there a direct bus service, or will it necessitate a trip to Stavanger
centre to connect with bus services from there?

Never been there, but I did some web searching. There is a direct bus
(route 9 of a company called Kolumbus), but it doesn't run on Sundays.
Here's the timetable (in Norwegian):

http://www.kolumbus.no/downloadfile....1a44067c2a5 a

which I found under this page:

http://www.kolumbus.no/article.php?id=1060

after finding the route on their Stavanger area diagram he

http://www.kolumbus.no/downloadfile....488f9f58838 2

The airport bus to downtown Stavanger is operated by a different company,
Flybussen, and you guessed it, it's rather more expensive. Here's their
English web site:

http://www.flybussen.no/stavanger/index.asp?lang=ENG

Cheers,
--
Mark Brader "We demand rigidly defined areas
Toronto of doubt and uncertainty!"

Old June 23rd, 2012, 03:24 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Beer Tricks Potter

On Jun 22, 11:41*am, "Jake" wrote:
Will be travelling between Stavanger Airport and Sandnes on a Sunday. Like a
lot of things in Norway, Norwegian taxis are expensive. Does anyone know if
there a direct bus service, or will it necessitate a trip to Stavanger
centre to connect with bus services from there?

its 11km, you could walk, thumb a lift, take your bicycle, motorized
skateboard....
Old June 23rd, 2012, 07:32 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jake[_3_]

"Mark Brader" wrote in message
"Jake" writes:
[...]

Thanks for that, I was aware of the 9 service, but also knew that it wasn't
available on the Sunday. Guess its 44 kr to Stavanger by rail and 95-100 kr
by bus to airport.

And there was me recovering from paying 95 kr (£10.20) for just over a pint
(0.6l) of beer last night.

Old July 12th, 2012, 09:31 AM
carlos520 carlos520 is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake[_3_] View Post
Will be travelling between Stavanger Airport and Sandnes on a Sunday. Like a
lot of things in Norway, Norwegian taxis are expensive. Does anyone know if
there a direct bus service, or will it necessitate a trip to Stavanger
centre to connect with bus services from there?
There are no direct Bus services or public transport services. I think route 9 of a company called Kolumbus pick and drop you at near by this place. I had an experience but I think this company's bus rout is same now.
pet friendly accommodation gold coast

Last edited by carlos520 : July 28th, 2012 at 07:26 AM.