Alaska Cruise/Tour food

Old April 1st, 2006, 10:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Alaska Cruise/Tour food

In the small print of the brochures it says that food is not included on
the land tour. We are taking the Sapphire in July. Is the food
expensive in Alaska ? Sue

Old April 1st, 2006, 11:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Sue Dempster" wrote in message
In the small print of the brochures it says that food is not included on
the land tour. We are taking the Sapphire in July. Is the food
expensive in Alaska ? Sue

It sure is...as is everything else. (especially on the train & the Princess
lodge)

Old April 2nd, 2006, 10:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Dennis P. Harris wrote:

It sure is, especially if you are staying the cruise line owned
hotels and eating in their restaurants. They are never satisfied
if they aren't fleecing all you sheeple!

Hi, Dennis. In your fair city, there is a well known bar
that is owned by a family with the same name as yours. Are
you related?

The last time I was there, I asked the bartender if he knew
who you were. He really didn't like you, Dennis, but his
description of you sure seemed to fit. The bar sells tee
shirts and other souvenirs with its name and logo. I have
one. They are very expensive. They seem to cater to the
cruise crowd. Do you consider this fleecing, also?

Nonnymus

Old April 3rd, 2006, 01:33 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Dear Sue,
Prepare for a real surprise when
you read the menu at the "feeding stops"
on your land tour. However, I suggest
you just double your regular food price
expectations and you will be O.K.
It is a vacation and a wonderful
experience. Enjoy and take lots and lots
of pictures.
John in LALALand

Old April 3rd, 2006, 07:33 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 13:50:36 -0800 in rec.travel.cruises,
Nonnymus wrote:

Hi, Dennis. In your fair city, there is a well known bar
that is owned by a family with the same name as yours. Are
you related?

no, not at all.

The last time I was there, I asked the bartender if he knew
who you were. He really didn't like you, Dennis, but his
description of you sure seemed to fit. The bar sells tee
shirts and other souvenirs with its name and logo. I have
one. They are very expensive. They seem to cater to the
cruise crowd. Do you consider this fleecing, also?

yep. you sure don't see locals wearing that kind of overpriced
crap, except for the bar employees' polo shirts.

fyi, no one local drinks there anymore. too ____ing many
tourists.