ALASKA CRUISE: Vancouver (Canada Place)to Seatac (seattle) : Speediest way to transit?

Old May 9th, 2007, 11:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default ALASKA CRUISE: Vancouver (Canada Place)to Seatac (seattle) : Speediest way to transit?

Thank you for previous advice (Jean , Don and Lynn) on comparison of
Princess and HAl - it reassured me to the point whereby we are booked
on Coral Princess on Southbound Trip ex Whittier to Vancouver arriving
07:00Hrs Sep 24th....... HOWEVER ....

I realised AFTER making all of my bookings that we have a VERY tight
transfer on arriving back to Vancouver BC - I had thought that our
flight home ex Seatac (Seattle) was in the evening but I have since
discovered it is at 13:00Hrs - I believe that the Coral Princess docks
at 07:00Hrs and I have heard that it would be 08:00Hrs before I will
have disembarked - I am looking at hiring a car at the ferry terminal
and driving to Seatac - assuming no interruptions 9what delays should
i expect at the border?) it should get me there around 11:00Hrs for
the 13:00Hrs flight... I checked flights ex Vancouver to Seatac but
unfortunately none line up with our connection needs (allowing for
check in time etc) .., I know that there are shuttle services but i
doubt that any will make my connection. Do the ferries generally come
in earlier than 7 possibly giving me more time to transit?

All advice welcome

regards - Anxious ! .. eamon

Old May 9th, 2007, 11:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Phil[_1_]

wrote:
[...]

I live in Vancouver and I will be up front with you now. You will not
make a 1:00 flight in Seattle. The border could 10 minutes it could be 2
hours. While the date you come back is a Monday and it is no holiday
here there should be no long lines at the border. I would guess 15 min
max BUT having said that any threat against the USA will change that.

You have to check-in at Seatac at least 60 minutes before the flight and
clear Security which is where the hang up will be. So you have to be at
security at noon. Oh yes you have to turn your rental car in before that.

I think you are beginning to see you don't have much of a chance unless
you are first off and the force is with you.

Phil

--
Seacruise
http://www.seacruisechat.com

1) War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left.
2) Foolish man give wife grand piano, wise man give wife upright organ.
Old May 10th, 2007, 12:40 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Don & Lynn

Hi Eamon,
Could you change your flight to the 25th? Vancouver and Seattle are both
great cities to visit. My daughter is always telling us to spend more time
at the destination to get our monies worth out of the airline tickets. You
traveled a long way from Cork. You should stay as long as you can.
If you spend any time in Seattle, try to visit the Pike St market.
We hope you have a great trip,
Don

ups.com...

Old May 10th, 2007, 01:26 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On May 9, 4:03 pm, wrote:
[...]

Hi there

As other have said a 1pm flight is too early and will NOT make it. We
had a 3:30pm flight out of SEA a few years back on the and the
Princess cruiseline shuttle did not get to the airport until about
2:00pm. I would look in to changing to a later flight or a flight on
another day, even if it means paying the airline a fee.

Michael

Old May 10th, 2007, 03:13 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
J Carnaghie

wrote:
On May 9, 4:03 pm, wrote:

[...]

I've got to agree that you need to re-schedule
your SEA flight. If you make it you will be a
nervous wreck having spent five hours stressing
over making the connection; if you don't you will
then have to re-book and pay the fees. You really
have another option and that is changing to a
Vancouver departure. You can make a 1300 departure
out of Vancouver, and the airport is nice and the
staff is helpful.
Cheers, and have a great cruise,
John in LALALand (Fires still burning but ...)
Old May 11th, 2007, 05:24 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
David Gee

wrote in message
ups.com...
All advice welcome

regards - Anxious ! .. eamon

Ferries have nothing to do with your plan, so forghet them.

The advice of others should be heeded: you cannot be sure of making
that flight from SEA. Re-book quickly! As for booking out of YVR
instead, while I am happy to be a Vancouver booster, I must warn you
that some airfares out of Vancouver can be quite a bit higher than out
of SEA to0 the same destination. OTOH, you might want to figure out
extra costs for hotels, car rentals, etc.

Old May 11th, 2007, 04:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Eamon,
Sorry, but having done this myself, I seriously doubt that you will be able
to make that 1 pm flight...Even though your ship docks at 7:00 am, the
probability that you will get off by 8 am is remote...more like 8:30-9 the
soonest. That would make it very stressful for you. If at all possible,
change your flight to a later time or enjoy a day in beautiful Seattle and
fly out the following day. Good Luck and let us know how you make out.

--Jean

Old May 20th, 2007, 09:27 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On May 9, 11:03 pm, wrote:
[...]

Thanks to everyone for the advice : While I DO hhave to travel to
Europe on the day i am booked I was able to change to aflight at
15:45Hrs - so i have almost 3 hours more in which to make it ... by
renting a car we should be ok to get there (i hope !)
Best wishes to all on your upcoming cruises
Regards (not so anxious) Eamon

Old May 21st, 2007, 07:50 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Phil[_1_]

wrote:
On May 9, 11:03 pm, wrote:
[...]

Well I hope things work out for you.

The Canadian dollar is gaining on the US dollar and to give you some
idea of border lineups on Friday it was 4.5 hours.

The closer the CDN dollar gets to the US dollar the longer the lineups.

Phil

--
Seacruise
http://www.seacruisechat.com
Canal Cam Schedule http://www.seacruisechat.com/panamacanal/
Cruise FAQ's http://www.seacruisechat.com/faqs.htm

1) Man who fight with wife all day get no piece at night.
2) Wife who put husband in doghouse soon find him in cat house.
Old May 21st, 2007, 06:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
PMM

Hi

"Phil" wrote in message
wrote:
On May 9, 11:03 pm, wrote:
[...]

Except that Friday was the first day of the Victoria Day long weekend, and
every long weekend the border backs up.

PMM