TR: Paramount Canada's Wonderland

Old September 15th, 2003, 07:12 PM
C. Montgomery Burns

Default TR: Paramount Canada's Wonderland

Bush the War Criminal wrote in message ...
snip

With the long line-ups, I only
had time for 3 adult rides (Minebuster, Psyclone & Timberwolf Falls)
and spent the rest of the time lining up at the kids' rides.

Is "line-ups" a Canadian thing? This is the second negative PCW trip
report I've seen that uses line-ups to describe a queue.

To me a line-up is something the police do when they need someone to
identify a criminal suspect.

C. Montgomery Burns
Old September 15th, 2003, 09:19 PM
Nicholas Fitzpatrick

In article ,
C. Montgomery Burns wrote:

Is "line-ups" a Canadian thing? This is the second negative PCW trip
report I've seen that uses line-ups to describe a queue.

I always thought line-up was North American ... in England they always
use queue, and in Ontario they always seem to use line-up? Where
else do they use queue in NA? I remember using the word queue
in Ontario 15+ years ago, and people would look at me strange.

To me a line-up is something the police do when they need someone to
identify a criminal suspect.

Ah, perhaps that's the issue ... not having any crime here, there isn't
that negative angle to the word. :-) :-)

Nick
Old September 16th, 2003, 03:06 AM
Kevin Reid

Default Paramount Canada's Wonderland

So does mean we won't see you in the "line ups" next year? Thanking you in
advance for not plugging up the "line ups" in 2004.

Regards,
Kevin Reid
www.pcwjunkies.com
PCW Junkies - Ultimate Guide to PCW