Reliable local weather forecasts for Austria and the Dolomites

Old July 24th, 2012, 11:11 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jesper Lauridsen[_1_]

Default Reliable local weather forecasts for Austria and the Dolomites

My road trip to the Alps involve a convertible, so knowing where and when
rain falls, is of importance to me. The hotels I've booked all promise
free wifi, so pointers to some sites with reliable local forecast would
do the trick. Then I can check in the morning, and pick my targets for
the day.

Old July 25th, 2012, 12:27 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Frank Hucklenbroich

Am Tue, 24 Jul 2012 22:11:20 +0000 (UTC) schrieb Jesper Lauridsen:

My road trip to the Alps involve a convertible, so knowing where and when
rain falls, is of importance to me. The hotels I've booked all promise
free wifi, so pointers to some sites with reliable local forecast would
do the trick. Then I can check in the morning, and pick my targets for
the day.

You have many free websites with weather-forescast.

For the alps I would check out:

www.wetter-online.de

or

www.wetter.de

These are German Websites, but I'm sure you'll figure it out easily. Just
type in the place/town where you are staying ("Ort"), and you will get a 3
day forecast or a "trend" which is for 5 or 6 days. You can also click on
"Radar", which shows you the rain-situation.

If you stay in Switzerland, also check out:

http://www.meteo.sf.tv/

Regards,

Frank
Old July 27th, 2012, 06:55 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge 667

Duh

"Martin" a écrit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : ...
On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 13:27:09 +0200, Frank Hucklenbroich
wrote:

[...]

most of the commercial forecasting sites have not been very good this
summer. Some can't even get the current weather right.
--

Martin