American Airlines discloses personal data

Old April 12th, 2004, 07:07 AM
mtravelkay

Default American Airlines discloses personal data

Matt wrote:

Well what if the plan from SJC to SNA blows out of the sky? Don't you think
it might be nice to know what passengers were on that plane, and what hotel
they stayed at the night before, and if they checked in with someone else
that's now on a plane from SJC to JFK?

If the speed limit for freeways was 50 mph and obeyed by everyone, there
would be less deaths. Is it reasonable for the goverment to have
knowledge of everything we do in our lives, for the VERY rare occassion
when it might matter. What actually would they do in the scenario you
have described, shoot down the SJC-JSK fligh??? The odds would be that
by the time they figured out the scenario, the SJC-JFK flight would have
landed safely or blown up. And, for these extremely rare events, you
want government to keep track of where you go? Maybe we should just
force everyone to wear collars with GPS included, so the government can
keep track of us all of the time. That way, they will know when we are
someplace we shouldn't be.

Old April 12th, 2004, 07:09 AM
mtravelkay

Matt wrote:

Funny.....you get all worked up about the government tracking your library
books, but you don't care that they keep track of how much money you earn,
how you spend your money, how many dependents you have, etc. Doesn't make
sense.

I don't have to report all of my dependents or deductions if I don't
want to.

Or how about when you go to get a drivers license and they finger print

you?

Why do they do this? In case you commit a crime!!

They do it to tell one person for another. You know.. For ID. A DL is
used for ID. They took my footprint at birth, was that in case I
commited a crime?

Again, you don't seem to mind that the government has a database with your
fingerprint, but they look to see what library book your checking
out.....that's where you draw the line???.....I have to laugh.

Having a fingerprint for ID purposes is not the same thing as tracking
my reading and travel habits.... Do you not see this?

Old April 12th, 2004, 07:11 AM
Matt

This has all been fun and hope there's no hard feelings, but I'm leaving
tomorrow morning and will be gone all week on business so guess you all will
have the last words on this topic.

Just hope an itinerary of SMF-LAS-RNO-SFO-SNA-SMF doesn't trigger any
security alerts....If you don't hear from me ever again, it probably means
they arrested me and sent me off to Guantanamo Bay for checking out the
Koran from the local library......hahaha

Matt

"Matt" wrote in message
Well what if the plan from SJC to SNA blows out of the sky? Don't you

think
it might be nice to know what passengers were on that plane, and what

hotel
they stayed at the night before, and if they checked in with someone else
that's now on a plane from SJC to JFK?

Bottom line is I can give reasonable examples of how collecting this data
can be of use. I'm still waiting for you or "nobody" to come up with a
reasonable example of how collecting this data can harm you.

.......still waiting....

Matt

"mtravelkay" wrote in message
. com...
Matt wrote:

Look, I admit that this all sounds a little Big Brotherish, and I'd

prefer
to live in a world where all this information wasn't tracked, but I

can
understand the need to collect some basic information on travellers.

What is the need in fighting terrorism for them to collect data on all
the people that fly from SJC-SNA, among other places.

Old April 12th, 2004, 07:12 AM
mtravelkay

Matt wrote:

This has all been fun and hope there's no hard feelings, but I'm leaving
tomorrow morning and will be gone all week on business so guess you all will
have the last words on this topic.

Just hope an itinerary of SMF-LAS-RNO-SFO-SNA-SMF doesn't trigger any
security alerts....If you don't hear from me ever again, it probably means
they arrested me and sent me off to Guantanamo Bay for checking out the
Koran from the local library......hahaha

It's not really funny. This kind of stuff has been cause for
governmental persecution in the past.

Old April 12th, 2004, 07:25 AM
Dennis P. Harris

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 09:36:33 -0700 in rec.travel.air, "Matt"
wrote:

I think you're views are a little tainted from your hatred of Bush.
Americans will use their right to vote to elect Bush for 4 more years

NOT. the unelected usurping awol draft dodger will be replaced
easily in november. hell, he can't even run a war properly.

Old April 12th, 2004, 07:27 AM
Dennis P. Harris

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 14:03:02 -0700 in rec.travel.air, "Matt"
wrote:

civil liberties some times have to take a back seat to national
security.

no they don't, which is a good reason for us to dump bush, rummy
and ashkkkroft in november.

Old April 12th, 2004, 01:16 PM
AJC

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 22:56:52 -0700, "Matt"
wrote:

I can imagine extreme circumstances where I might not have a problem with
internment camps.

Matt

As long as it is somebody else, somebody else's family, somebody
else's friend being interned presumably?

"mtravelkay" wrote in message
.com...
Matt wrote:

Japanese detention camps....don't care. Sure it was a bad thing to have
done, but civil liberties some times have to take a back seat to

national
security.

So, you are in favor in putting US citizens in prison camp if we ever go
to war against the country of their ancestry? The US Govrernment has
officially called this a mistake, and rightfully so.

--==++AJC++==--
Old April 12th, 2004, 06:08 PM
Ramon Miquel

Matt wrote:

Just hope an itinerary of SMF-LAS-RNO-SFO-SNA-SMF doesn't trigger any
security alerts....If you don't hear from me ever again, it probably means
they arrested me and sent me off to Guantanamo Bay for checking out the
Koran from the local library......hahaha

If that happens, we shouldn't care.

"I'm pretty confident that there is a good reason behind each and every
one of them that's being held [in Guantanamo]. If a few of them are
being held improperly, well that's a bad thing, but don't care."

That post must have been one of the most idiotic posts I've seen here.

Ramon

Old April 12th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Chris

These constant "warnings" are far more annoying than any trolling that may
(or may NOT) have been attributed to JF.

Go away.........far..........now

--
The preceding opinions are those of the writer, and don't ever seem to
represent those of his employer

"Nomen Nescio" wrote in message
Matt wrote:

Yawn.....your rantings really are tiring to read. What is there a

website
somewhere where you people go and copy/paste this stuff? Try having an
original thought. You obviously don't like the US. By the way, what
country are you from?

Sweetie, before wasting your time arguing with some psycho on usenet, it

pays to
do a little research to find out who he is. JF isn't paying any attention

you. He's too busy trolling with one hand and wanking with the other:

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
About
JF MEZEI

(Rev. Mar. 28, 2004)

1. Who is JF Mezei?

Jean-Francois Mezei is the worst netkook and megatroll to have ever hit
rec.travel.air and various other usenet newsgroups. He is also one of the
longest running trolls in usenet history.

***WARNING: JF MEZEI IS A ROGUE CANCELLER. HE FORGES THE NAME AND E-MAIL
ADDRESS OF USENET POSTERS HE DOES NOT AGREE WITH AND CANCELS THEIR

MESSAGES.***

If you participate in the same newsgroups he does, you should monitor the
control.cancel newsgroup. If you find that he has cancelled your

messages,
forward a copies of them to Ralph Doncaster of Istop at

.

2. How long has he been trolling?

For well over a decade.

3. Where does he live?

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Jean-Francois Mezei
86 Harwood Gate
Beaconsfield, QC H9W3A3
(514) 695-8259

His current e-mail address is

4. What makes him such a malicious troll?

His trolling is constant, repetitious, relentless. Once he invades your
newsgroup he will stay for decades, troll around the clock, day in and day

out,
every day of the year, for years and years on end. He does not listen to

pleas
to stop, he does not listen to anything anyone tells him, he does not pay
attention when the misinformation/disinformation he posts is corrected, he

just
goes right on trolling year in, year out like a little child holding his

ears
closed while yelling "I can't hear you, I can't hear anything you say!"

5. What does he troll about?

His favorite subjects are USA-bashing and anything to do with sex. He

hates the
USA and Americans and will hijack any thread and turn it into a

USA-bashing
fest. If he can't do that then he'll just start making lewd posts.

6. What does he hate about the USA?

Everything! He is part of a larger group of Canadian trolls who have a

visceral
hatred of the USA, motivated by envy mostly. The USA is a happier,

better, more
successful version of their country and they can't stand it. Some of JF's
favorite troll bait is "the Bush regime", "the Bush-Rumsfeld-Wolfowitz

axis of
evil", "Americans are brainwashed", "Cars are evil", "SUVs are evil", "all
Americans are stupid" etc.

7. What about his sexual trolling?

Ah, that is JF at his trolling best. No sexual topic is too bizarre.

Among his
favorites are child sexuality, masturbation, women's genitalia, sex toys,
circumcision, the sex lives of Americans (of course) ... the list is

endless.

8. Circumcision???

Yes, JF trolled the circumcision newsgroups for years. He still likes to

insert
circumcision into his trolling every now and then. Apparently, JF was
traumatized as a child because his parents, poor Hungarian immigrants to

Canada,
left him uncircumcised when he was born, as is the custom in most of the

world.
Growing up in Canada where male infant circumcision was prevalent at the

time,
he was psychologically scarred (so he claims). As soon as he could he

arranged
to get himself snipped, and then joined the brigades of circumcision
proselytizers in the newsgroups advocating the joys of a free willy. His

main
argument is how much better he was able to masturbate after getting

circumcised
without that "pesky foreskin" getting in the way of his enjoyment, and he

has
made it his mission in life to spread the circumcision gospel.

9. What's his interest in child sexuality? That sounds kind of freaky.

Well, everything having to do with Mezei *is* freaky. Among the subjects

dear
to his heart are the genitals of little boys and girls, especially little

boy's
foreskins (and how tight they are) and little girls' hymens. He is also a
tireless activist and advocate that children should be taught to

masturbate
early on so that they don't grow up "sexually repressed like Americans".

He also counsels all parents of boys that they constantly check their

little
boys' penises and foreskins frequently to ensure a good fit, proper

movement,
and that they be able to masturbate with no problems. Utopia for JF would

be a
world full of parents manipulating their little boys' penises.

10. Ewww! This guy is sounding more and more disgusting by the minute!

Are
you sure about all this stuff?

Yes, you can check the google archives for yourself. There's over a

decade full
of Mezei trolling in there.

11. How can I find all that out, doesn't he change aliases all the time

like
all trolls do?

Of course! See the appendix below for a list of many of his known

trolling
aliases.

12. So where does this guy get so much time to troll, doesn't he work?

Ha ha ha! JF hasn't worked a day in his life! He's an adult baby, a

grown man
who still lives at home with mommy and sleeps all day and trolls the

newsgroups
all night. In his free time when he isn't trolling he likes to ride his

bike
down to Dorval Airport and race the planes down the runway in his bike.

13. That seems strange, is he mentally ill or something?

Bingo! JF is a boy in a grown man's body. Psychologically he never got

past
the age of 13 and got stuck in a world of bathroom humor (i.e. "pull my
finger!") and locker room antics that he has never been able to outgrow.

14. Speaking of locker rooms, I heard he has a sexual fetish about them,

is
that true?

Yes! JF goes to the gym not to work out but to watch men in the locker

room.
He loves to post about the male sexual organs he has seen in locker rooms

over
the years, especially his unnatural obsession with foreskins. He stalks

the men
in locker rooms trying to measure how much foreskin they have, or how

little is
left if they have been circumcised. He gets extremely excited when he

spots a
case of phimosis.

15. Oh my Gawd, this guy is nuts! He should be locked up in an insane

asylum!

Yep, JF is certifiably insane. He lives in a black helicopter / tin foil

hat
world where others are out to get him. The key to understanding JF is

that he
sees himself as a VICTIM. To JF the world is out to get him, especially

the
USA. Victimhood is what JF is all about.

What seems to have sent him over the edge was when the Canadian rail

system was
"killed", in his words. He used to be a major train nut, spotting trains,
writing down their numbers and chasing them down at the train yard like a

good
freak. Then he turned his attention to aviation. Major events that made

him
fall head first deep into the abyss were the bankruptcy of Canadian

Airlines and
their subsequent takeover by Air Canada (whom he sees as evil). So

paranoid is
he that when an Air Canada plane crashed he claimed that Air Canada

employees
went lurking about in the night with buckets of white paint to cover up

the Air
Canada markings. He saw that as symbolic of a cover up of the crash
investigation. He has never recovered from this.

16. Where else does he hang out, I want to avoid him!

His main haunt on usenet is comp.os.vms, a newsgroup dedicated to some

ancient,
arcane, obsolete piece of vax crapware that nobody has taken seriously for
decades. JF hangs out there with other misfits and social dropouts who

share
his psychological traumas, crying for the good old vax days of yore. It's
really pathetic!

17. Where else does he hang out?

can.internet.highspeed, alt.cellular.fido, and a few other geeky computer
groups. For a while after the Shuttle Columbia disaster he invaded the
sci.space groups, sci.space.shuttle in particular, and trolled it

relentlessly
with the anti-American, conspiracy theory crap he's so famous for. But

they ran
him off that group and he had to go crawling back to comp.os.vms with his

tail
between his legs, licking his wounds.

18. It sounds like comp.os.vms is the only group he respects and doesn't

troll.

Pretty much. For a megatroll like JF it's impossible not to troll, so he

slips
in troll bait every now and then, but by and large he respects

comp.os.vms, and,
more importantly, he tries to hide his trolling activities from them so

they
won't find out what a major netkook he is.

19. Wow, sounds like he should be exposed so they will know what kind of

psycho
he is!

Exactly. Feel free to post all his trolls to comp.os.vms. And while

you're at
it post them to can.internet.highspeed and alt.cellular.fido too. And to
alt.usenet.kooks, a group for the likes of JF, and

news.admin.net-abuse.usenet.

20. What else can I do? Is there an abuse address?

Yes, you should send complaints along with copies of his troll posts to:

For personal attention, you may contact Ralph Doncaster at Istop directly

at
.

And feel free to distribute this FAQ freely. Post it to newsgroups, email

it to
people, you may host it at your own website, send it to newspapers and

magazines
that do Internet articles or anything to do with Montreal or Canada, etc.

*** APPENDIX ***

List of some of the many trolling aliases used by Mezei over the years.

This is
only a partial list, he has so many it's impossible to compile a full

list.

[nospam]

nobody
nobody
nobody
nobody
nobody
nobody
nobody
Lorenna Bobbit
Lando Calrisian
muklak
Sheep skin
snowy squirrel
Conspiracy Theory
Lou Raccoon
Flapping Labias
Throbbing vulva
Twin Gonads
Loose Scrotum
Raised Organ
Popped Cherry
Monica Lewinski
Deep Fried Foreskin
Aroma of Smegma
Wet fart
Pubic dandruff
Voluptuous Nipple
Inserted Finger
Pubic Nair
Flatulent Meatus
Lihk Mhygroin
Pre Khum
Phi Mosis
Bal Anatis
Fren Ullum
Ivanna Getlaid
Ivanna Wankalot
Ivanna Umpalot
Wan Tnoneofit
Wan Itbad
Wan Towank
Wan Tolik
Testos Terone
Upper Gonad
Right Gonad
Left Gonad
Tyson's Glands
Nose Hair
Coronal Sulcus
Corpus Cavernus
Armpit moisture
Onani Room
Arnie's Banana
Raised eyebrows
Vas Deferens
Naked Canuck
Arni's socks
Notable Exception
Unpopped Cherry
Tatooed Ovaries
Pierced eyelid
Limp Tomato
Eggplant Earrings
Banana Underpants
Naval Lint
Ingrown Toenail
Empty Stomach
Full Stomach
Smelly Cat
Torn Ligament
Art Tistic
Furry Raccoon
Wet Racoon
Mad Racoon
Lazy Racoon
Eaten Racoon
Happy Raccoon
Sleeping Racoon
Hungry Racoon
Horny Raccoon
Smart Raccoon
George W Raccoon
Ronald McRaccoon
Thirsty Raccoon
Johnny Raccoon
Oshi Santo
Oishi Chinko
T.Yellow
Borg Queen
Ronald Wilkerson
John Balterman

*DISTRIBUTE FREELY* *DISTRIBUTE FREELY* *DISTRIBUTE FREELY*

Old April 13th, 2004, 09:32 AM
Randy Hudson

In article ,
Matt wrote:

Would you prefer that they just let us all travel anonymously? Of course
that is not an option.

Why not? Anyone who wants to exert the effort can fly anonymously now. The
data that is being collected, is being collected from those who make no
attempt to hide it, generally because they think they have nothing to hide.

Competent bad guys have access to false documentation of all sorts. The
data that will be captured by these programs will provide data the
government will use to select Americans for more obstreperous
"investigations," without preventing any terorist crimes.

There are two alternative philosophies in conflict here. One is that the
government is us, and should collect any information that it feels might
help it to protect us. The other is that the government is an organization
that inherently seeks to expand its power, and should be entrusted with
information only on a need-to-know basis.

The US has generally professed the second philosophy, but many Americans
advocate the first.

--
Randy Hudson