Guide to European Budget Airlines

Old June 28th, 2005, 06:50 PM
tim \(moved to sweden\)

wrote in message
oups.com...

Martin wrote:
Who flies from where to where? To quickly find which budget airlines
fly on the route you wish to travel, use the 'European Low Cost Airline
Guide' website:

http://www.low-cost-airline.info

You simply select the 2 cities you wish to travel between, and it will
list the websites of low cost airlines which you can then visit to
check pricing and availability for cheap tickets.

Martin.

This week I flew SN Brussel airlines to Glasgow.
Ryanair costs the same and is more hassle.

You need to be more informative that this.

SN costs the same on what sort of notice? Personally
I rarely see other LCC airlines charging under 1 pound
plus tax (and usually they have lumped more into the tax
than FR do). But when the FR fare gets to 150 pound
one way I can usually beat their fare using a 'normal' airline.

In what way is flying FR hassle? OK the attitude sucks,
but all you do is arrive at the airport, check in and walk
onto the plane?

tim

Old June 28th, 2005, 07:24 PM

tim (moved to sweden) wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Martin wrote:
[...]

Same notice. I booked in late May for late June / July.
Charleroi is more hassle by 60km, Zaventem is Brussels.

I checked today and the Ryanair flights have got cheaper for the same
dates !!, so if I had to book now I would book Ryanair.
But the lesson seems to be it doesnt always pay to book in advance with
Ryanair.

Incidentally the SN Brussels flight was an Avro 146 with 100 seats, but
only 24 passengers and they fed me. The Ryanair was probably full again
and they dont.

Old June 29th, 2005, 11:25 AM
Mini One

(Jim Ley) wrote in news:42bf2326.434732482
@news.individual.net:

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 14:40:09 -0700, Hatunen wrote:

Could you make that a little clearer please; what I did didn't
work.

Okay, so open
http://www.low-cost-airline.info/ in your browser,
either Opera or FireFox, (or likely safari, but I've not tested) then
when it doesn't work, what you do is enter in the url bar, where it's
currently saying the http://www.low-cost-airline.info/ you paste in

javascript:window.xmlhttp=new XMLHttpRequest();void 0

Then you can carry on using it, hopefully.

You'll still need to ensure that script is enabled for the site, and
IE is at a lower security setting than high for the page to work, but
on "default" settings for the browser it will work in those, also
there are a few rendering bugs in default Opera/FireFox. I tested
using Opera 8.01 and a Mozilla 1.8, with default settings. The
code's not great, the layout ain't that great, but it's reasonably
well done, I'd like to see a map though... maybe I should collect the
data and do a similar service... Same as my
http://jibbering.com/routeplanner/ for oneworld/star alliance routes.
Does anyone know where the data is in a handy parseable format?

Cheers,

Jim.

It worked fine for me yesterday. Except that it told me from GVA to LIS you
could take Virgin. When I went to the Virgin site to get the price, Virgin
site informed that this route was not possible.

today I went back to verify the above before posting my experience but now
the site is not working.

Old June 29th, 2005, 12:38 PM
Mini One

Martin wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

It didn't work with Firefox when I tried 10 minutes ago.

I was also using Firefox.

(by the way, it's me, Emilia. I changed my ID after getting back from
holiday on sunday).

Old June 29th, 2005, 01:36 PM
AJH

Martin wrote:

.. just use http://www.skyscanner.net/wings.asp
instead.

That was going to be my point. Skyscanner is *way ahead* of you, with
far more functionality. I've been using it for years and it gets better
all the time.

I'm afraid your site adds no value over what Skyscanner.net has.

But if you're looking for ideas, or the skyscanner webmaster is reading
this then:

1. Why does everyone assume I want to "choose departure airport first"?
Most of the time I know where I want to be, but am less picky about
where I fly from. I know I could just reverse the journey but on
skyscanner with it's click-to-go-book feature this is a problem.
2. I search *myriad" possibilities before choosing my budget flights. I
live in Manchester and regularly fly to the Dordogne, but I am willing
to consider almost any UK airport and any one of 5 French airports, so
a many-to-many search engine is the killer function you are *all*
missing.
i.e. I put in up to 5 airports each end (ranked by preference) and you
bring back the prices in order of my rankings.
3. And finally, can someone please combine the budget search with the
major carrier search (i.e. the Sabre flights search that Travelocity
and Expedia et al provide) because I look there also to check I'm not
pointlessly going budget for close to scheduled prices.

Darn, I guess I'll have to code it myself.
Alan

Old June 29th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Mini One

Martin wrote in news:6b85c19qru6d2a51vu2prloslujqpdhd0j@
4ax.com:

On 29 Jun 2005 13:38:11 +0200, Mini One wrote:

(by the way, it's me, Emilia. I changed my ID after getting back from
holiday on sunday).

Emilia who? :-)

Do I have to change my name to 1995 model Nissan Primera? :-)

Well, you could. I mean you don't have to go with your own model... you
could be Nissan Micra!

Old June 29th, 2005, 08:06 PM
DDT Filled Mormons

On 29 Jun 2005 13:38:11 +0200, Mini One wrote:

(by the way, it's me, Emilia. I changed my ID after getting back from
holiday on sunday).

I'm joining in on the action!
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old June 29th, 2005, 09:37 PM
Gregory Morrow

DDT Filled Mormons wrote:

[...]

LOVE yer new "handle", DFM...pretty hilarious - and SO true :---)

--
Best
Greg

Old June 30th, 2005, 08:38 AM

DDT Filled Mormons wrote:
On 29 Jun 2005 13:38:11 +0200, Mini One wrote:

(by the way, it's me, Emilia. I changed my ID after getting back from
holiday on sunday).

I'm joining in on the action!
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
---
--

do you know 'Elder Bof'

Old June 30th, 2005, 10:37 AM

Martin wrote:
On 30 Jun 2005 00:38:28 -0700, wrote:

DDT Filled Mormons wrote:
On 29 Jun 2005 13:38:11 +0200, Mini One wrote:

(by the way, it's me, Emilia. I changed my ID after getting back from
holiday on sunday).

I'm joining in on the action!
--
---
DFM -
http://www.deepfriedmars.com
---
--

do you know 'Elder Bof'

Father of Bof the younger?
--
Martin

You can tell the morons apart by their name tag.
I met 'Elder Bof' and his friend somewhere in the back of beyond
Argentina.
Not only do they have to dress up in the heat, they have to pay their
own bills to get to the back of beyond to bring their message.
Still if it makes you happy....