A Travel and vacations forum. TravelBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » TravelBanter forum » Travel Regions » Asia
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Hotel Location and Choice in Shanghai



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old October 3rd, 2007, 08:06 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Walt Bilofsky
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 82
Default Hotel Location and Choice in Shanghai

The first time we visited Shanghai, we stayed at a hotel at People's
Square and the start of Nanjing Lu. Pricey but a great location for
tourists. We love to walk and shop and try different restaurants.

Now we're going back, and have been offered a great deal at a hotel in
Xuhui, a few blocks from the Hengshan Lu metro station. Question is,
would we like that area? The alternative is to go back where we
stayed last time, which we like but have already explored.
  #2  
Old October 3rd, 2007, 10:41 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
PeterL
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,471
Default Hotel Location and Choice in Shanghai

On Oct 3, 12:06 pm, Walt Bilofsky wrote:
The first time we visited Shanghai, we stayed at a hotel at People's
Square and the start of Nanjing Lu. Pricey but a great location for
tourists. We love to walk and shop and try different restaurants.

Now we're going back, and have been offered a great deal at a hotel in
Xuhui, a few blocks from the Hengshan Lu metro station. Question is,
would we like that area? The alternative is to go back where we
stayed last time, which we like but have already explored.


Hengshan Lu station on Line 1? It's a great location. Whether you'd
like that area, I don't know. But I liked it a lot.

  #3  
Old October 3rd, 2007, 10:56 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Walt Bilofsky
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 82
Default Hotel Location and Choice in Shanghai

PeterL wrote:

On Oct 3, 12:06 pm, Walt Bilofsky wrote:
The first time we visited Shanghai, we stayed at a hotel at People's
Square and the start of Nanjing Lu. Pricey but a great location for
tourists. We love to walk and shop and try different restaurants.

Now we're going back, and have been offered a great deal at a hotel in
Xuhui, a few blocks from the Hengshan Lu metro station. Question is,
would we like that area? The alternative is to go back where we
stayed last time, which we like but have already explored.


Hengshan Lu station on Line 1? It's a great location. Whether you'd
like that area, I don't know. But I liked it a lot.


Thanks, Peter. Can you tell me something about it? How's the tourist
shopping around there (handicrafts, books, interesting local stuff,
not designer brands)?
  #4  
Old October 4th, 2007, 06:55 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
PeterL
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,471
Default Hotel Location and Choice in Shanghai

On Oct 3, 2:56 pm, Walt Bilofsky wrote:
PeterL wrote:
On Oct 3, 12:06 pm, Walt Bilofsky wrote:
The first time we visited Shanghai, we stayed at a hotel at People's
Square and the start of Nanjing Lu. Pricey but a great location for
tourists. We love to walk and shop and try different restaurants.


Now we're going back, and have been offered a great deal at a hotel in
Xuhui, a few blocks from the Hengshan Lu metro station. Question is,
would we like that area? The alternative is to go back where we
stayed last time, which we like but have already explored.


Hengshan Lu station on Line 1? It's a great location. Whether you'd
like that area, I don't know. But I liked it a lot.


Thanks, Peter. Can you tell me something about it? How's the tourist
shopping around there (handicrafts, books, interesting local stuff,
not designer brands)?




Several malls, lots of shops on the streets. Lots of restaurants in
the area. But I don't know if there are handicrafts or local stuff.
I have seen a couple of Chinese bookstores.

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help with hotel choice in San Francisco [email protected] USA & Canada 13 January 27th, 2007 02:48 PM
Hotel Location in Berlin gb Europe 2 May 16th, 2004 05:47 PM
Boston hotel choice cpal USA & Canada 4 January 1st, 2004 12:47 AM
hotel in shanghai patrick Asia 5 December 26th, 2003 06:01 AM
Rio Hotel/Restaurant location = = Latin America 2 October 2nd, 2003 06:32 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2018 TravelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.