OT - Cancer petition

Old November 7th, 2006, 03:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

Default OT - Cancer petition

In the past year a number of people on this group have mentioned that
someone in their family has been fighting cancer. My niece is one of
them... she has stage IV ovarian cancer.

There is a movement to have the Post Office issue an awareness stamp similar
to the one they have done for breast cancer. It begins with gathering
petitions.

If you would like to sign this petition, please go to
http://www.petitiononline.com/ovca2007/petition.html It only takes a few
seconds.

There are few families who have not been affected by cancer in one form or
another. Please consider signing this petition.

--
George Leppla http://www.countryside-travel.com

February 10, 2007 - Valentine's Group - http://cruisemaster.com/grandeur.htm
April 29, 2007 GGC2007 http://cruisemaster.com/pride.htm
October 14, 2007 MOAGC 3 - http://www.moagc-3.com

Old November 7th, 2006, 03:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
bjbriggs

That is a great idea! Our daughter, 47, had breast cancer, and is now
recovering from it. We took a cruise last month out of Galveston to
celebrate her recovery, and it was a great trip. She is doing extremely
well, and after her hair came out from the chemo and radiation, it came back
in black and curly. It was dark brown and straight. Everything we do to
help these young people and old people to recover from cancer, is a good
thing. By the way, I had cancer of the cervix in 1963, and had a partial
hysterectomy, and I am still here and doing fantastic, at age 77! M.B.

Old November 7th, 2006, 04:36 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
F.

George

Thanks for bringing this to the groups attention. I am forwarding this to
everyone I know.

Fred

Old November 7th, 2006, 04:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee[_2_]

George Leppla wrote:

In the past year a number of people on this group have mentioned that
someone in their family has been fighting cancer. My niece is one of
them... she has stage IV ovarian cancer.

There is a movement to have the Post Office issue an awareness stamp similar
to the one they have done for breast cancer. It begins with gathering
petitions.

If you would like to sign this petition, please go to
http://www.petitiononline.com/ovca2007/petition.html It only takes a few
seconds.

There are few families who have not been affected by cancer in one form or
another. Please consider signing this petition.

Done. I can't think of any family that hasn't had some affect of this
dreaded disease. My sister-in-law is recovering from lung cancer, and
one of my nieces begins chemo tomorrow.

Ermalee
Old November 7th, 2006, 08:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Frank F. Matthews

I really cannot see any utility to such a petition. Particularly one
which focuses on a particular form of cancer. Where does Ovarian fall
in the frequency of cancers?

Old November 7th, 2006, 09:04 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee[_2_]

George Leppla wrote:

In the past year a number of people on this group have mentioned that
someone in their family has been fighting cancer. My niece is one of
them... she has stage IV ovarian cancer.

There is a movement to have the Post Office issue an awareness stamp
similar to the one they have done for breast cancer. It begins with
gathering petitions.

If you would like to sign this petition, please go to
http://www.petitiononline.com/ovca2007/petition.html It only takes a
few seconds.

There are few families who have not been affected by cancer in one
form or another. Please consider signing this petition.

It's plenty frequent, as is breast cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer,
lymphoma, and all other forms of cancer. Signing the petition can't
hurt and hopefully, it could help. Something needs to help!!!

Ermalee ---signed willingly
Old November 7th, 2006, 09:06 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kate

George,

I signed on line #155. And am passing on your request to all on my
e-mail list.

Kate

Old November 7th, 2006, 09:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
F.

"Frank F. Matthews" wrote in message
I really cannot see any utility to such a petition. Particularly one which
focuses on a particular form of cancer. Where does Ovarian fall in the
frequency of cancers?

UNBELIEVABLE

Old November 7th, 2006, 09:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Newby

"George Leppla" wrote in message
[

snipped]
If you would like to sign this petition, please go to

[snipped

See what Snopes.com has to say about e-petitions.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.htm

Old November 7th, 2006, 09:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Frank F. Matthews

George Leppla wrote:

In the past year a number of people on this group have mentioned that
someone in their family has been fighting cancer. My niece is one of
them... she has stage IV ovarian cancer.

There is a movement to have the Post Office issue an awareness stamp
similar to the one they have done for breast cancer. It begins with
gathering petitions.

If you would like to sign this petition, please go to
http://www.petitiononline.com/ovca2007/petition.html It only takes
a few seconds.

There are few families who have not been affected by cancer in one
form or another. Please consider signing this petition.

It's plenty frequent, as is breast cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer,
lymphoma, and all other forms of cancer. Signing the petition can't
hurt and hopefully, it could help. Something needs to help!!!

Ermalee ---signed willingly

It can hurt. It can cause a focus on just that one kind of cancer and
then expense on that one kind that results in the situation we have with
breast cancer and prostate cancer where the more common one gets much
less funding.