What is the suite life like on Carnival?

Old January 22nd, 2007, 01:04 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Odysseus

Default What is the suite life like on Carnival?

I have never cruised on Carnival. I am considering booking a penthouse
suite on the Carnival Fantasy for a five night cruise out of New Orleans
in April or May. What extra amenities and special treatment can I expect
booking this category cabin as compared to an ocean view cabin?

The price of a penthouse suite on the Fantasy looks like a bargain to me.
The cost is what I would pay for an ordinary ocean view cabin on
Celebrity. I know that you get what you pay for. What on Carnival will
be not as good as Celebrity to let me have the lower fare?

Old January 22nd, 2007, 01:06 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Joseph Coulter

Odysseus wrote:
I have never cruised on Carnival. I am considering booking a penthouse
suite on the Carnival Fantasy for a five night cruise out of New Orleans
in April or May. What extra amenities and special treatment can I expect
booking this category cabin as compared to an ocean view cabin?

The price of a penthouse suite on the Fantasy looks like a bargain to me.
The cost is what I would pay for an ordinary ocean view cabin on
Celebrity. I know that you get what you pay for. What on Carnival will
be not as good as Celebrity to let me have the lower fare?

the suites on fantasy have some obstructed views so be careful! In
general remember that these ships were the new wave of the 90's!
Old January 22nd, 2007, 01:26 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Odysseus wrote:
I have never cruised on Carnival. I am considering booking a penthouse
suite on the Carnival Fantasy for a five night cruise out of New Orleans
in April or May. What extra amenities and special treatment can I expect
booking this category cabin as compared to an ocean view cabin?

I haven't been in a Carnival suite in about six years, but I don't
remember any special perks. Might have had the little honor bar.

The suite itself is the perk. I always chose them for the whirlpool
tub, extra space, and balcony.

Kev

Old January 22nd, 2007, 11:01 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Blackbird71

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 20:04:30 -0500, Odysseus wrote
(in article ):

I have never cruised on Carnival. I am considering booking a penthouse
suite on the Carnival Fantasy for a five night cruise out of New Orleans
in April or May. What extra amenities and special treatment can I expect
booking this category cabin as compared to an ocean view cabin?

The price of a penthouse suite on the Fantasy looks like a bargain to me.
The cost is what I would pay for an ordinary ocean view cabin on
Celebrity. I know that you get what you pay for. What on Carnival will
be not as good as Celebrity to let me have the lower fare?

Remember once you leave your suite you are on a ship that is trying to make a
profit off the cheapest inside cabin. Myself I like RSSC and Seabourn where
the whole experience it set at a different level.

--
Winter Break on Seabourn Legend - Mar 4 2007
In Search of Lost Hobbits cruise on Celebrity Mercury Dec 12, 2007

Old January 23rd, 2007, 12:37 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
cruisestitch

Odysseus wrote:
I have never cruised on Carnival. I am considering booking a penthouse
suite on the Carnival Fantasy for a five night cruise out of New Orleans
in April or May. What extra amenities and special treatment can I expect
booking this category cabin as compared to an ocean view cabin?

The price of a penthouse suite on the Fantasy looks like a bargain to me.
The cost is what I would pay for an ordinary ocean view cabin on
Celebrity. I know that you get what you pay for. What on Carnival will
be not as good as Celebrity to let me have the lower fare?

The main differences I find when I compare my experiences on both
lines:

1. Celebrity's "no announcements" policy is such a pleasure --
on Carnival, you will be bombarded with announcements
about bingo, shopping, games,
wet-t-shirt contests, etc. from morn' until night. There's no
escaping the constant unwanted noise.

2. The decor in public areas on Carnival is, to my taste, garish.
On Celebrity, it's subdued.

3. On Carnival, you will be pressed to buy special cake at dinner,
to buy watered down drinks on deck, and so on.
On Celebrity, these are offered, but I have
never found the sales pitch to be as pushy as it is on Carnival.

I've found that I can have fun at a Holiday Inn or at the Omni. Just
don't get your expectations too high and you'll enjoy the cruise.

Old January 23rd, 2007, 03:13 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Odysseus

If you like edless hokey pokey and kareoke you will love Carnival!

Isn't kareoke Japanese for tone deaf? :-)

Old January 23rd, 2007, 03:39 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

Odysseus wrote:

the suites on fantasy have some obstructed views so be careful! In
general remember that these ships were the new wave of the 90's!

That's OK. I was the new wave of the 50's.

That's an excellent response, made me laugh!

Jeff