Ummm.........

Old January 25th, 2013, 12:13 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_5_]

Default Marathon Delphi, Greece Top Three Travel Experiences? Ummm.......

On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 10:02:22 +0100, Martin wrote in post :
:

On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 08:47:07 +0100, "Tim C."
wrote:

On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 10:25:11 +0100, Martin wrote in post :
:

Force 8 gale Max 16C torrential rain for the whole of the first week
of August when at the same time it was around 30C in N Yorkshire?

Sounds exciting!

It was in a 28' sailing boat.

I read that as 28" at first. Gave me a bit of a surprise

and boat as boot? How are things in Australia? :-)

:-) Freezing.
--
Tim C.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 06:48 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
travelbuzz

Default Marathon Delphi, Greece Top Three Travel Experiences?

http://goo.gl/prhA1 If you are planning on going to Greece This Year Check out the Smart Deals with this link Recommended Places to Visit.you can even Book now and Pay Later at the Hotel.

Athens ,Thessaloníki ,Mýkonos ,City Firá ,Piraeus

Wishing you a nice trip

On 2013-01-21 03:06:15 -0600, Martin said:

On Sun, 20 Jan 2013 20:56:54 -0600, Dan Stephenson

wrote:

I am in love with Britain, but, my, Greece is so special. If only it

had British weather, it would be perfect! I hate the Greek sun, it is

brighter than any other sun I've experienced. It must be all the light

colored rock at the sites I visit, reflecting the sunshine.

If Scotland had Greek weather it would be perfect too.

Hey what is wrong with Scotland weather? The only time I think I'd

dislike is midge-hatching season.

Late January isn't so great, either. But the rest of the time, I love it.

Old February 22nd, 2013, 11:33 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

Default Ummm.........

On 1/14/2013 12:44 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Stephen Ellenson wrote:
....... does anyone actually discuss travel in this newsgroup
anymore?????

A few of us, still, despite the off-topic monopolizing by PJO'D and
its clones. After seven years of living in Arizona, I've come to
realize that some of our less intelligent Americans don't realize
there IS a "rest of the world". (I've concluded that the IQ score of
the average Arizonan hovers around 75 - "moron" - or below.)

Evelyn, for heaven's sake, give it up. You are one of the biggest
posters about politics (especially during President Bush's years) and
you demonize everything American! Arizona is a beautiful state and we
have friends who live in different parts of that state who never
complain as you do. Granted you do have more than your share of illegal
immigrants as we do here in Texas, but you find NOTHING nice to say
about anything. For seven years you have sat in your adult complex
(whatever it is) and you consistently color our country and its people
with one unfavorable brush. You seem to consider yourself so above
everyone else. Many Americans do travel and DO realize there is a "rest
of the world" because we travel in it. I have many friends who
travel...some are even handicapped and they use motorized scooters and
make the best of their situation. I am fortunate that as a senior
citizen, I am physically able and do travel outside of the USA at least
four times a year, as do many other of my friends. Just a week ago, 55
of us spent 10 days in the Caribbean. My husband and I will be in
Barcelona and Lisbon this April. So please stop painting all Americans
as being " less intelligent"....Tell us about the traveling that you
have been doing lately instead of sitting in judgement. Your posts are
always negative which indicates you must not be a very happy person.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 10:18 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Stephen Ellenson wrote:
....... does anyone actually discuss travel in this newsgroup
anymore?????

A few of us, still, despite the off-topic monopolizing by PJO'D and
its clones. After seven years of living in Arizona, I've come to
realize that some of our less intelligent Americans don't realize
there IS a "rest of the world". (I've concluded that the IQ score of
the average Arizonan hovers around 75 - "moron" - or below.)

Evelyn, for heaven's sake, give it up. You are one of the biggest
posters about politics (especially during President Bush's years)

That's an out and out lie! (Although truth never has been your
strong-point, has it?) You ask ME for "chapter and verse" whenever I
post something as fact - how about YOU putting your money where your
mouth is? (I'd be very interested to see all my "political" posts -
unless you count those objecting to American politics taking over a
newsgroup dealing with European travel.)
and
you demonize everything American!

Not "EVERYTHING" American - just what DESERVES it! (Most people who
have traveled to other countries realize that America is no longer the
shining beacon to the rest of world that it once was, and that other
cultures have much to offer, if we were wise enough to follow their
examples.)
Old February 23rd, 2013, 11:11 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Hatunen[_2_]

Stephen Ellenson wrote:
[...]

I would have to note though that sometimes I think the Republicans in
our state legislature do, indeed, have IQs around 75., but I prefer to
keep politics out of travel groups so I won't.