A Travel and vacations forum. TravelBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » TravelBanter forum » Travelling Style » Air travel
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

SHOCKING: Britain's Defence Minister under fire for lying (BBC Radio)



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old February 5th, 2004, 01:07 PM
Oelewapper
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default SHOCKING: Britain's Defence Minister under fire for lying (BBC Radio)

Britain's Defence Minister under fire for lying on Iraq - on BBC radio:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/today/audio/geoffhoon.ram


Sensational. Incredible stuff... !!!!


  #2  
Old February 5th, 2004, 01:47 PM
Michel Boucher
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default SHOCKING: Britain's Defence Minister under fire for lying (BBC Radio)

"Oelewapper" wrote in
:

Britain's Defence Minister under fire for lying on Iraq - on BBC
radio:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/today/audio/geoffhoon.ram

Sensational. Incredible stuff... !!!!


Actually, quite credible since all of the US has now backed out of the
WMD scenario and as much as admits it was a hoax (except for The and
Pan).

--

"I'm the master of low expectations."

GWB, aboard Air Force One, 04Jun2003
  #3  
Old February 5th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Mycroft
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default SHOCKING: Britain's Defence Minister under fire for lying (BBC Radio)

Shocking! A politician lying............hang on a minute they do that for a
living but are not supposed to get caught!

Myc

"Oelewapper" wrote in message
...
Britain's Defence Minister under fire for lying on Iraq - on BBC radio:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/today/audio/geoffhoon.ram


Sensational. Incredible stuff... !!!!




  #4  
Old February 5th, 2004, 03:39 PM
nobody
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default SHOCKING: Britain's Defence Minister under fire for lying (BBCRadio)

Oelewapper wrote:
Britain's Defence Minister under fire for lying on Iraq - on BBC radio:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/today/audio/geoffhoon.ram
Sensational. Incredible stuff... !!!!


Well, there is nothing that is terribly new in that 20 minute broadcast. Just
confirms suspicions that
1- the intelligence knew there was no international threath
2- ministers and Bliar made sure they had deniability.

I think was was more telling was teh former speaker (his name espaces me) who
admitted in parliament yesterday that he knew about it and had personally told
Bliar prior to resigning his post.

Mr Bliar may claim his aides didn't tell him. But he can't deny that he wasn't
told by others, he can't deny he wasn't told by other world leaders, he can't
deny that he wasn't told by Blix and El Baradei that none of the so called
intelligence they were given panned out.

And all this happened before the illegal invasion began.

Both Bliar and Bush deserve to be tried for war crimes. Their invasion of Iraq
was just as legal as Iraq's invasion of Kuwait, or Argentina's invasion of the
Falklands. And you should include the leaders of spain and australia in that
war crime tribunal. They are personally responsible for more deaths than those
who perished on 9-11, especially outside the USA since these leaders did not
have any popular support for their crime.
  #5  
Old February 5th, 2004, 06:27 PM
Sam D.
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default SHOCKING: Britain's Defence Minister under fire for lying (BBC Radio)


"Oelewapper" wrote in message
...
Britain's Defence Minister under fire for lying on Iraq - on BBC radio:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/today/audio/geoffhoon.ram


Sensational. Incredible stuff... !!!!


But what did he prepare for dinner?


  #6  
Old February 5th, 2004, 06:36 PM
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default SHOCKING: Britain's Defence Minister under fire for lying (BBC Radio)

In rec.food.cooking Mycroft wrote:
Shocking! A politician lying............hang on a minute they do that for a
living but are not supposed to get caught!


It all stems from the fact that when honest politicians tell the truth, they get
voted out of office. The truth sometimes hurts. Jimmy Carter can attest to what
happens when you run a truthful political campaign.
  #7  
Old February 5th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Dick Locke
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default SHOCKING: Britain's Defence Minister under fire for lying (BBC Radio)

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 13:07:47 +0100, "Oelewapper"
wrote:

Britain's Defence Minister under fire for lying on Iraq - on BBC radio:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/today/audio/geoffhoon.ram


Sensational. Incredible stuff... !!!!

Finally listened to it. American interviewers could take a large
lesson in how to aggressively interview government officials. So could
our government officials take a lesson in being more open.

Or maybe it's just the BBC English that impresses Americans....;-)
  #8  
Old February 5th, 2004, 08:00 PM
Jarg
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default SHOCKING: Britain's Defence Minister under fire for lying (BBC Radio)

wrote in message ...
In rec.food.cooking Mycroft wrote:
Shocking! A politician lying............hang on a minute they do that

for a
living but are not supposed to get caught!


It all stems from the fact that when honest politicians tell the truth,

they get
voted out of office. The truth sometimes hurts. Jimmy Carter can attest to

what
happens when you run a truthful political campaign.


You mean the truth according to Jimmy Carter? Putting aside the subjective
nature of "truth", you are wrong that he lost because of his campaign. He
lost because he was a terrible leader and inept to boot. History will not
judge his presidency kindly.

Jarg


  #10  
Old February 5th, 2004, 11:52 PM
devil
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default SHOCKING: Britain's Defence Minister under fire for lying (BBC Radio)

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 19:00:51 +0000, Jarg wrote:

wrote in message ...
In rec.food.cooking Mycroft wrote:
Shocking! A politician lying............hang on a minute they do that

for a
living but are not supposed to get caught!


It all stems from the fact that when honest politicians tell the truth,

they get
voted out of office. The truth sometimes hurts. Jimmy Carter can attest to

what
happens when you run a truthful political campaign.


You mean the truth according to Jimmy Carter? Putting aside the subjective
nature of "truth", you are wrong that he lost because of his campaign. He
lost because he was a terrible leader and inept to boot. History will not
judge his presidency kindly.


He mostly lost because of the deep recession that putting inflation under
control required.

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 TravelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.