Suggestions for a vacation.....

Old September 14th, 2003, 01:14 PM
Marley1964

Default Suggestions for a vacation.....

Hello all,
I would like suggestions to a resort in the caribbean.We(my husband and
I) are in our mid 30's would love to find a secluded beach with calm
water and NO children.Nightlife is not important.Just very
quiet.Please-we have been to Rivera Maya and hated it,all of
Mexico-Cancun,Acapulco.Clothing optional is a plus.TIA in advance

Old September 14th, 2003, 04:17 PM
Becca

are in our mid 30's would love to find a secluded beach with calm
water and NO children.Nightlife is not important.Just very
quiet.

Roatan in the Bay Islands is quiet. Nice white beaches, very few
children at the resorts. They do not allow you go nude or topless at
most of the resorts. There is Paya Bay Resort in Roatan. No
children, no TV's, very few people, they do have a nude beach. The
water on that end of the island is not the best for diving or
snorkeling. When I was there, they only had one other client in the
resort. I would say Paya Bay is very secluded. If I wanted to be
alone, this is where I would go.

http://www.payabay.com/

St. Martin has CO beaches. The water at Orient Beach is not calm, but
it is at Baie Rouge and Cupecoy. This is where I would go.

If you like quiet areas with beautiful, CO beaches, consider
vacationing in Miami, Florida. Haulover beach is a beautiful nude
beach, it is quiet on the weekdays. There is no hotel or resort on
the beach, though.

You may want to ask in rec.nude.

Becca
Old September 14th, 2003, 11:47 PM
Mike

"Becca" wrote in message
are in our mid 30's would love to find a secluded beach with calm
water and NO children.Nightlife is not important.Just very
quiet. Clothing optional is a plus.

St. Martin has CO beaches. The water at Orient Beach is not calm, but
it is at Baie Rouge and Cupecoy. This is where I would go.

You may want to ask in rec.nude.

Becca

A few suggestions to meet your requirements.

Two clothes-optional resorts:

Club Orient St Martin www.cluborient.com
Sorobon Beach Bonaire www.sorobonbeachresort.com

Three hotel resorts with clothes-optional beaches

Hawksbill Beach Antigua www.hawksbill.com
Sunset Waters Curacao www.sunse****ers.com
Villa Capricho Hotel Cayo Largo (Cuba) www.cayolargdelsur.cu

If you've got a good budget you could try: Petit St Vicent (PSV) 40 miles
south of St Vincent in St Vincent.
The whole 113-acre island (two thirds of which is beach) is an exclusive
private resort with 22 luxury cottages. The managers provide the following
advice concerning nude sunbathing: 'While we are not a clothing-optional
resort, the privacy of the deck / patio of your cottage would allow this,
and the staff could direct you to certain areas of the beach for this
purpose'. Sunday Times 2003 rates cottage number 18 in the top ten most
romantic hotel rooms worldwide.

www.psvresort.com

Plenty of CO places, large and small, in Jamaica. Just shout if you want
more ideas.

Mike
www.alloverhotels.com

Old September 15th, 2003, 03:48 AM
Bob Kozubal

I would suggest Sans Souci Resort & Spa in Jamaica. It was formally part
of the SuperClubs chain, but went independent earlier this year. It is a
very quiet, laid back resort, adults only & has a very nice (although
small) clothing optional beach & pool (with a swim up bar). There's also
a snack bar and hot tub located in the CO area.

Reply back if you would like more info. But hurry up, we're leaving for
there on the 18th. :-)

Bob

Old September 15th, 2003, 07:35 AM
R J Carpenter

"Becca" wrote in message
are in our mid 30's would love to find a secluded beach with calm
water and NO children.Nightlife is not important.Just very
quiet. Clothing optional is a plus.

St. Martin has CO beaches. The water at Orient Beach is not calm, but
it is at Baie Rouge and Cupecoy. This is where I would go.

Orient Beach is quite calm at the Club Orient end. It gets progressively
less calm as you go the 1+ miles to the Mt Vernon / Blue Beach end. It has
the big advantage of a pure-sand entry the whole length - no coral at
water's edge.

There is a nice. though small, reef with quite a few fish jutting out at the
entry to the Club Orient area. I don't go nude, even when going to C.O. for
the reef.

I find Baie Rouge to have enough waves and coral at water's edge to be
something of a problem. The above poster must have hit it at an unusually
calm time. I've been there a number of different years.

I've never been to Cupecoy.

BC

Old September 15th, 2003, 11:57 AM
lsuth

We personally love Couples Ocho Rios. It does have a private beach as
well as Tower Island for nude sunbathing. It's in Jamaica. Ocho Rios is
the windier side of the island so you do get some waves. Couples also
has 2 other resorts in Jamaica. Couples Negril which shares a beach with
Grand Lido and Couples Swept Away which is on seven mile beach.

www.garion.tzo.com/lynn/couple.htm

Old September 16th, 2003, 04:43 PM
elliot

My wife and I go every year to Sorobon on the Dutch island of Bonaire.
The resort is clothing op, private cabins with kitchenettes if you wish
to occasionally cook, the beach is nude, t6he resort is very quiet,
quite dead after 9pm.
We enjoy the island as well as the resort, its quiet laid back,
friendly, moderate in price and you can be as invovled or uninvolved as
you wish. Bars in the town if you wish, great restaurants, many deserted
coves for swimming in private or topless beaches outside of the resort,
, wonderful snorkeling and diving, and very safe, rental car breakins
(if you leave valuables unattended) is the most serious crime you miht
ever encounter there. Flights on Air Jamaica are usually quite
reasonably priced. They have fall specials. We have been t6here eight
years in a row and love it.

Old September 17th, 2003, 12:58 PM
Marley1964

Thank you all for the info.I have been traveling to Jamaica numerous
times and loved it. Just wanted something more different more secluded.
Thank you all.

Old October 1st, 2003, 03:34 PM
DearMissMermaid

For Peace and Seclusion, check out Smugglers Cove BEach. NO commercial
activity on the beach, no noisy bars or hotels, just peace and
tranquility.

This beach house has NO neighbors nearby and since you rent the entire
property (very reasonable) you will have NO children to deal with
(unless they stowaway in your suitcase)

See 40 pictures of the villa at

ReservationsBVI.com

Smugglers View beach Villa