Transatlantic Flights

Old February 21st, 2007, 06:25 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Bob Phillips[_2_]

Default Transatlantic Flights

I am going to Seattle in March, and have a return ticket with BA.

It now transpires that I can do some business in New York at the same time,
so I would like to fly Seattle to NY, do my business, NY home. Problem is my
ticket is non-exchangeable. Looking around, the best deal I can find is to
fly internal flight Seattle to NY, and get a NY-London return and just fly
the outbound leg.

My question is, will I come unstuck in any way by not using my return leg of
my Seattle ticket, and/or not using the return leg of my NY-London ticket.

Many thanks for any advice

Bob

Old February 22nd, 2007, 02:47 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Binyamin Dissen

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 18:25:28 -0000 "Bob Phillips"
wrote:

:I am going to Seattle in March, and have a return ticket with BA.

:It now transpires that I can do some business in New York at the same time,
:so I would like to fly Seattle to NY, do my business, NY home. Problem is my
:ticket is non-exchangeable. Looking around, the best deal I can find is to
:fly internal flight Seattle to NY, and get a NY-London return and just fly
:the outbound leg.

:My question is, will I come unstuck in any way by not using my return leg of
:my Seattle ticket, and/or not using the return leg of my NY-London ticket.

:Many thanks for any advice

The airline toadies will tell you that you are breaking the law, but it is a
bunch of bullsh*t.

It would be best to not book the return on BA, as they might be able to figure
it out.

But - did you ask BA how much it would cost to change your return to NY? Can't
hurt to ask.

--
Binyamin Dissen
http://www.dissensoftware.com

Old February 22nd, 2007, 06:31 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
PeterL

wrote:

:I am going to Seattle in March, and have a return ticket with BA.

:It now transpires that I can do some business in New York at the same time,
:so I would like to fly Seattle to NY, do my business, NY home. Problem is my
:ticket is non-exchangeable. Looking around, the best deal I can find is to
:fly internal flight Seattle to NY, and get a NY-London return and just fly
:the outbound leg.

:My question is, will I come unstuck in any way by not using my return leg of
:my Seattle ticket, and/or not using the return leg of my NY-London ticket.

:Many thanks for any advice

The airline toadies will tell you that you are breaking the law, but it is a
bunch of bullsh*t.

It would be best to not book the return on BA, as they might be able to figure
it out.

A RT ticket is cheaper than a one way. People to this all the time,
book a RT and simply not use the return portion. It's not a problem.