UK disabled parking sticker.

Old August 18th, 2004, 09:58 AM
fox1

Default UK disabled parking sticker.

Are UK issued disabled parking stickers recognised in Australia.?
--

View my aircraft pictures:
"http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1753"
Old August 18th, 2004, 10:36 AM
Anne Chambers

fox1 wrote:

Are UK issued disabled parking stickers recognised in Australia.?

AFAIK, yes, as long as they have the easily recognisable wheelchair
icon. Nobody bothers too much anyway - to judge by the number of cars
without disabled stickers parked in disabled parking spaces
Before my husband died this year (he had MND) we had a flier made which
we stuck under windscreen wipers - "You've got my parking space, would
you like my disability too?"

Anne
South Australia
--
The privacy.net address is a spam trap. Please reply to

Old August 18th, 2004, 10:47 AM
fox1

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 19:06:12 +0930, Anne Chambers
wrote:

Are UK issued disabled parking stickers recognised in Australia.?

AFAIK, yes, as long as they have the easily recognisable wheelchair
icon.

Thanks Anne, I will take my sticker with me.

Your comments re Mobile folk taking disabled spaces, seems to be a
worldwide problem. :-(

Old August 18th, 2004, 11:31 AM
A Mate

Official disabled parking stickers (State Government issued) allow free
parking at metered spaces in Queensland (among other concessions)!! You'd be
a very brave person who'd assume a foreign sticker is valid! Can you imagine
the thousands that'd appear (Turkmenistan! Cayman Islands! Kirribati!!!).
You can buy passports bestowing citizenship without ever setting foot in
some countries. They're not valid here either!!

Short answer - NO!!!!

Old August 18th, 2004, 11:45 AM
Anne Chambers

sorry, *mate*, you're wrong
see
http://www.accessibility.com.au/sydn.../parkperms.htm

Overseas permits are valid in all staes except Victoria
Anne

Old August 18th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Daniel Bowen

"fox1" wrote in message
Are UK issued disabled parking stickers recognised in Australia.?

No.

I mean, if they are the same logo (white wheelchair logo on blue background)
then people would recognise them, but legally they have no validity, as they
are issued by state governments, and have authorisation numbers etc., and
you'd get your car ticketed.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia