UK disabled parking sticker.

Old August 19th, 2004, 12:22 AM
Anne Chambers

Anne Chambers wrote:

A Mate wrote:

Disability parking permits

snip

Sure - that applies to permits issued in Queensland to Queensland
residents.
Overseas permits are valid- see the various disability sites on the net,
as well as Qld.government sites.
Anne

I should have pasted the whole quote:
http://www.dircsa.org.au/pub/docs/ppermits.htm#8
QUEENSLAND

Disability Parking Scheme

Overseas disability parking permits may be used.

A person with a blue disability parking permit is permitted to park in:

* Any exclusive parking bay. *(Parking bays for people with a disability
are signed with the international symbol or words.)

* In metered parking bays and no payment is required.

* An ordinary parking bay, where the time period is less than 30 minutes
for a maximum of 30 minutes.

A person with a red disability parking permit is permitted to park:

* Only in an "off street" exclusive parking bay.*

Administered by Queensland Transport,
PO Box 673, Fortitude Valley 4006.
Telephone: (07) 3253 4071
Queensland Transport Web: www.transport.qld.gov.au/

Anne

--
The privacy.net address is a spam trap. Please reply to

Old August 19th, 2004, 05:01 AM
yukonifm

Hello A Mate;

I just need to clarify something. I have a disability which precludes
me from walking most days. I don't live in Queensland - I live in
Canada. But I visit Queensland for 3 months every year. According to
these regulations you have posted I am ineligible for a permit because
I am not a resident of Queensland.

How does one get a handicapped parking permit - which is recognized by
QLD - if one is NOT a resident of QLD?

A Mate" wrote in message . au...
Disability parking permits

A disability parking permit entitles the holder to different levels of
parking privileges. There are two types of permits available in Queensland
(blue and red) which are issued according to the person's level of mobility
impairment and whether the disability is permanent or temporary.

Blue permit
To be eligible for a blue permit an applicant must be a Queensland resident
and:
a.. Be unable to walk and totally depend on a wheelchair, or
b.. Have total dependence on a large complex mobility device (this does
not include splints, crutches and walking sticks).
Blue permit holders are entitled to:
a.. Free parking in metered or regulated parking areas.
b.. The use of disability parking bays in on-street and off-street
parking, including shopping centres and hospital car parks.

Red permit
To be eligible for a red permit an applicant must be a Queensland resident
and:
a.. Have a severe mobility problem which is either physical or
intellectual, or
b.. Be unable to safely use public transport independently or with a
carer, or
c.. Have difficulty walking safely between normal parking facilities and a
destination.
Red permit holders are entitled to:
a.. The use of disability parking bays in off-street parking, including
shopping centres and hospital car parks.

How do I get a permit?
You must apply for a permit by completing the disability parking permit
application form (PDF,159kb*) . You need to complete part A of the
application form. Part B should be completed by your medical practitioner or
occupational therapist. If you are applying on behalf of your organisation,
you will need to complete part C.
Mail the completed form to:
a.. Queensland Transport
Disability parking permit
Agency and information support
PO Box 673
Fortitude Valley Queensland 4006

Cost and processing details
Permits cost $A11.05. This fee must be included with your application form
(PDF,159kb*) . Failure to include this fee will result in processing delays.
You will be notified by mail, normally within 14 days, if your application
is approved or unsuccessful. If your application is approved, a permit will
be posted to you.

"Anne Chambers" wrote in message
sorry, *mate*, you're wrong
see
http://www.accessibility.com.au/sydn.../parkperms.htm

Overseas permits are valid in all staes except Victoria
Anne

A Mate wrote:

Official disabled parking stickers (State Government issued) allow free
parking at metered spaces in Queensland (among other concessions)!!

You'd be
a very brave person who'd assume a foreign sticker is valid! Can you

imagine
the thousands that'd appear (Turkmenistan! Cayman Islands!

Kirribati!!!).
You can buy passports bestowing citizenship without ever setting foot in
some countries. They're not valid here either!!

Short answer - NO!!!!

"fox1" wrote in message

Are UK issued disabled parking stickers recognised in Australia.?
--

View my aircraft pictures:
"http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1753"

--
The privacy.net address is a spam trap. Please reply to

Old August 19th, 2004, 10:03 AM
Dave Proctor

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 20:15:07 +0930, Anne Chambers
wrote:

sorry, *mate*, you're wrong
see
http://www.accessibility.com.au/sydn.../parkperms.htm

Overseas permits are valid in all staes except Victoria

And from
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/newsevents...typarking.html is the
following:

"From Sunday 1 August only holders of the new MPS card will be able to
park in disabled spaces or make use of other MPS parking concessions,
the spokesperson said.

Drivers not displaying the new card from 1 August will be subject to a
$383 fine."

No mention in there of interstate or overseas cards, nor are they
mentioned anywhere else I could find on the RTA site.

Dave

=====

NSW Rural Fire Service - become a volunteer today.

http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/
Old August 19th, 2004, 11:57 AM
A Mate

If you're here for that length of time each year - I presume you know when
you're coming, and to where!!??

Apply a few weeks ahead of time - giving your putative QLD address = collect
your permit on arrival (assuming you qualify for one!!) - and Bob's your
uncle!!

Everyone HATES being ripped off!! And there's a fair bit of it about!!!

"yukonifm" wrote in message
m...
Hello A Mate;

I just need to clarify something. I have a disability which precludes
me from walking most days. I don't live in Queensland - I live in
Canada. But I visit Queensland for 3 months every year. According to
these regulations you have posted I am ineligible for a permit because
I am not a resident of Queensland.

How does one get a handicapped parking permit - which is recognized by
QLD - if one is NOT a resident of QLD?

. au...

Old August 24th, 2004, 10:01 PM
www.poms.co.uk

"fox1" wrote in message
Are UK issued disabled parking stickers recognised in Australia.?
--

View my aircraft pictures:
"http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1753"
A new EDI URL: http://www.freewebs.com/ediairport

Yep i think so?

www.poms.co.uk

Old September 4th, 2004, 02:48 AM
yukonifm

I sent an email to Transport Queensland to find out the answer as to
whether my disability permit is valid in Queensland. Received a reply
today which states "You can bring your disibility parking permit with
you from your home
country an utilise it here in Queensland, Australia." and explains the
difference between their blue permit spaces (for those in wheelchairs
and use walkers) and red permit spaces (for those of us with limited
mobility).

Hope this clears things up - for those going to Queensland anyway.