Are Aussie Men Wimps?

Old March 12th, 2004, 04:02 AM
Geodyne

Default Are Aussie Men Wimps?

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 21:43:59 GMT, Raffi Balmanoukian
a wrote:

He's fresh AND a freshie!

Heh. Very well put.

Geodyne
Old March 12th, 2004, 04:03 AM
Geodyne

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:19:14 +1100, Alan
wrote:

You see, mate, we don't need the reassurance of carrying weapons around.

But, of course, if that's your definition of a man, feel free. Just
enter any bar here and announce in a loud voice "I'll fight any wimp
here who hasn't got a weapon on him". Of course, if you then produce
your knife, they will all cower from you in abject fear. Try it, I'd be
very interested to hear the results of your research.

Please remember to post it after you leave hospital.

I was going to post something along the lines of "Only little boys
need to carry a weapon to feel like a man, real men don't need them"
but thought better of it.

I've decided you're my new hero. ;-)

Geodyne

Old March 12th, 2004, 04:20 PM
Frank Slootweg

Jim wrote:
We actually don't need knives to keep the great unwashed cowering on their
knees. Our Govt policies do that )
If you want to associate with "real "men, go to the States. You can play
with real toys there. But be careful you don't shoot yourself in the foot.

I don't think it has to "go to the States". Its posting, both header
and body, has seppo splattered all over it.
Old March 13th, 2004, 02:10 AM
Jim

I see your point. Years ago when I lived in 300 cultures in an hour town, the local police told me that almost every kid arrested carried a knife.

A local taxi driver told me he was doing the upholstery trimming in sons "new" car. Left knife in glovebox along with other tools. Son ended up being arrested and charged for carrying a concealed weapon. Dads protests didn't do any good. Makes one wonder if dad started working on the upholstery before or after the son was charged

I've been threatened with a firearm and would you believe a guy threatened me with a hammer whilst on the freeway. But never with a knife. ( I was once threatened with someone's mother in law but that's another story).

Every culture has it's own ideas of what makes a "man". (sorry girls, should that be "adult" these days? . I'm rather glad that mine doesn't include the useage of weapons and killing people.

As for crocs and knives, a "real" croc would probably die laughing if you threatened him with a knife.

Old March 15th, 2004, 06:53 AM

There is certainly no doubt that your statement in the subject is
correct. Lived in Australia for the last year and Aussies are nothing
but pathetic little idiots. I've travelled all over the world for
years and nowhere, NOWHERE, fits the description "pathetic" better
than Australia.
Old March 18th, 2004, 09:52 PM
Jim

One would assume that you have your own "reasons" for such a statement.
However they are neither given nor alluded to in your post. Such an obvious
oversight makes your post pathetic.

m...

Old March 18th, 2004, 10:15 PM
Geodyne

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 07:52:00 +1000, "Jim"
wrote:

One would assume that you have your own "reasons" for such a statement.
However they are neither given nor alluded to in your post. Such an obvious
oversight makes your post pathetic.

I have my own theory, but it has more to do with the Australian women
than the Australian men...

Geodyne

om...

Old March 18th, 2004, 11:04 PM
Alan

wrote:

One would assume that you have your own "reasons" for such a statement.
However they are neither given nor alluded to in your post. Such an obvious
oversight makes your post pathetic.

wrote in message

drivel snipped

Please DFTT