sending pictures home

Old March 19th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Frank Slootweg

Default sending pictures home

4000 psi wrote:

"Gerrit 't Hart" wrote in message
. au...

"4000 psi" wrote in message
news:6ZO5c.34997$Zp.31464@fed1read07...
most major hotels provide a PC (downstairs) complimentary for their

guests
... if she is ever in one of these hotels she can hook the camera up to

USB port, provided that she has a USB cable on her ... then she can

e-mail
the pics using a Hotmail e-mail account accessible from *anywhere* ...

Except that Hotmail accounts don't let you send very large attachments so
lots of emails will be required if using Hotmail.
Better get an account with a larger capacity.

for $20 USD per month you can greatly increase that capacity ... it is 2 MB
free and you can send a lot of 640x480 pics in 2 MB and then errase them
from Sent folder to free up the space for the next send, etc.

No offense, but in this day and age 640x480 is not an acceptable
resolution and 2MB is not "a lot of pics", considering that cameras
come with El Cheapo cards of 8MB and more. Perhaps you missed that the
OP's daugther clearly needs to *offload* pictures from her card(s), so
reducing the resolution is (probably) not an acceptable solution:

OP My daughter will be travelling north of Brisbane and will not have
OP access to a computer. Are there places where she can send her
OP digital pictures home or burn them onto cd's?
Old March 19th, 2004, 07:00 PM
Dave Proctor

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 23:25:24 +0800, "Gerrit 't Hart"
wrote:

"Dave Proctor" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 17:22:23 -0600, "shalper" wrote:

My daughter will be travelling north of Brisbane and will not have access

a computer. Are there places where she can send her digital pictures home

or
burn them onto cd's?

Ignore the others, it is just that quirky Australian sense of humour,
even if they aren't all Australian!

95% of photo developping shops will also give a CD at the same time
for only a Pacific Peso or so more than the straight developping
charge. Armed with the CD, she should be able to access any public
access internet terminal and email the pictures home that way.

Lots of good camera shops have a CD burning service where you can download
your digital pictures direct from your camera.
Do that and Dave's reply isn't so dumb after all.

Stop picking on me - I had been out on hazard reduction duties for 27
continuous hours and had just got home when I read the original post
and replied to it.

Dave

=====

NSW Rural Fire Service - become a volunteer today.

http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/
Old March 21st, 2004, 09:02 AM
David Springthorpe

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 18:42:57 -0800, "4000 psi" wrote:

which is basically never as the races never end

That is simply unbearable.....

DS
Old March 21st, 2004, 09:06 AM
David Springthorpe

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 19:59:49 -0400, "AlmostBob"
wrote:

There are a large number of larger towns North of Brissie, there is 1100+
miles of Australia North of brsibane

They've got that new-fangled electricity on now in Qld.....?

DS
Old March 21st, 2004, 12:44 PM
AlmostBob

had that there electricity thing for nigh on six months I reckon

--
Ever wonder why Evian water is $3 for a half litre
Try spelling evian backwards

Old March 21st, 2004, 05:02 PM
AlmostBob

We didnt lose our power in either the hurricane or the cyclone, untill I had
to refill the generator fuel tanks. cold, dark, snow buried, NS. I still
remember Joe for PM campaign, and I wonder why nobody sent him to Port Moresby

--
Ever wonder why Evian water is $3 for a half litre
Try spelling evian backwards
_
"Raffi Balmanoukian" a wrote
in message