Captain's Table

Old January 12th, 2009, 01:37 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Goomba

Default Captain's Table

Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"Goomba" wrote in message
Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"Goomba" wrote in message
Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"Goomba" wrote in message
Charles wrote:
In article , Jeff
wrote:

Stay off my thread buddy!
Hey Jeff, if you are really serious about a night at the Captain's
Table, e-mail me and I will tell you how you might be able to get
invited.

Hey.... no fair! I'd be interested in knowing the tips or tricks of
this too
Jeff is speaking to John Sisker.

--Jean
Huh? I could have sworn I was replying to someone named Charles.
Then why did you include Jeff's thread saying "Stay off my thread buddy"?

Why did you ignore that my response was directly related to what Charles
said?

If it were directly related to what Charles said, you should have trimmed
the post making it clear to whom you were responding instead of including
Jeff's post, too.

You actually can't see that my response was in response to what Charles
wrote? Or are you just looking to harp about something? What got your
panties in a wad?

And more to the point and back on topic- do you have any tips or tricks
for scoring an invitation to the Captain's Table?
Old January 12th, 2009, 01:49 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Carol Eskra

Thank you for the correction. Yes, this man was on the aircraft carrier.
He often spoke about how when it was slow on the ship a pilot would take
him up in the planes and they would do their loop t loops.

Old January 12th, 2009, 02:07 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Goomba" wrote in message
Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"Goomba" wrote in message
Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"Goomba" wrote in message
Jean O'Boyle wrote:
"Goomba" wrote in message
Charles wrote:
In article , Jeff
wrote:

[...]

Sorry, but with your attitude, I do, but don't care to share... And no, I
did not see that your response was to Charles or else I would not have
answered the way that I did.

Old January 12th, 2009, 02:09 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Kenn Smith" wrote in message
Carol, if it is an aircraft carrier you were referring to it is the USS
Constellation, CV-64, not some S S Constellation.

Whatever your opinion of your past fiance might have been Naval Aviators
are some of the best pilots in the world. I worked and socialized with
many of them in my working years and still call many my friends. An
Admiral I worked for had a framed picture on the wall just outside of
his office, the caption being, "This is what you see on a night cat
launch." Inside the frame was a piece of flat black velvet.They train
hard, they fly hard, they party hard. Maybe not your style but they are
warriors!

AMEN!!!

--Jean

Old January 12th, 2009, 02:15 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Goomba

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

And more to the point and back on topic- do you have any tips or tricks
for scoring an invitation to the Captain's Table?

Sorry, but with your attitude, I do, but don't care to share... And no, I
did not see that your response was to Charles or else I would not have
answered the way that I did.

Jeeezus, Jean old girl... what's your problem here? Panty liner get
flipped and yank a few..?
My "attitude" was fine when I responded to Charles. You then decided to
sound cranky, to which I responded. *Your* attitude appears to trump mine.

Old January 12th, 2009, 02:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

(Carol Eskra) wrote:

Bill,

Years ago I was engaged to a naval officer, and he was a captain on the
S.S. Constellation. also referred to as the Conny. Many of his friends
were rear admiral's and I always said "if these men represent our
military then our military is in trouble." Lol. I broke off the
engagement because of all the heavy drinking and partying.

I do agree with you about the excellent service. When you dine at the
officer's club the waiters hop to it serving a captain.

Was this guy a Navy Captain, or was he a Marine?

Having been married to a naval officer for almost 50 years, I can
testify that not all naval officers are into drinking and partying.
When I was engaged to him, we visited the submarine that he was
stationed aboard for a midshipmen cruise and the officers were
wonderful - I stayed with the XO and his wife. My fiance helped out
around the house including feeding a bottle to the XO's infant child.
That confirmed my opinion that he would be a good husband and father
and he has been. He also went from submarines into Navy Air when he
graduated.

Perhaps you were correct to break of the engagement, but it would have
been because of the person and not the lifestyle - heavy drinking and
partying is not required. Also rear admirals are not representative
of the military.

Old January 12th, 2009, 03:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Carol Eskra

He was a navy captain.

Old January 12th, 2009, 11:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
KatieL53

On Jan 11, 6:18*pm, "Jean O'Boyle"
wrote:
"!

Hey Jeff, if you are really serious about a night at the Captain's
Table, e-mail me and I will tell you how you might be able to get
invited.

--Jean

I hope I am doing this correctly. Jean, I am relatively new to this
forum and I am not trying to do something wrong, but if you could tell
me how to get to the Captain's table on Carnival, I would be so
grateful. We are just in a balcony and having traveled on Celebrity
many times, we were invited because we are Elite members of the
Captain's Club.

We sailed many Royal Caribbean cruises and still haven't been
invited, but are going on Carnival next month. Maybe a few hints will
get us there. I wish I were young and beautiful, but we are old and
fat, so perhaps there isn't any hope for us. Thanks for your help and
if I did this to offend you in some way, I apologize in advance.

Katie