Ban Dolphin Encouter Programs?

Old August 19th, 2005, 04:49 AM
Mark O. Polo

Default Ban Dolphin Encouter Programs?

Short article quotes cruise editor's view of dolphin-swim programs:

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/desti...in-swims_x.htm

Aloha

Old August 19th, 2005, 09:10 AM
Mark O. Polo

Article about a dolphin encounter program in New Zealand which operates
in the open ocean with no pen restrictions:

http://www.dolphin.co.nz/kaikoura/

Aloha

Old August 19th, 2005, 03:33 PM
mgb

Mark O. Polo wrote:
Short article quotes cruise editor's view of dolphin-swim programs:

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/desti...in-swims_x.htm

Aloha

Interesting article that re-enforces a story I heard this morning. A
high school student was killed by a bengal tiger somewhere in the US
today. She was getting her picture beside the animal when it suddenly
lunged at her. Now, I feel bad for the student and her family but these
are wild animals we're talking about. They are not meant to be caged or
held captive for our pleasure. It is a shame we treat tigers or dolphins
in the manner we do. Caging wild animals is cruel.

The tiger was later put to death BTW - not sure why they would kill a
wild animal for following their instinct. Seems to me that perhaps the
people that held the tiger in captivity should be put down.
Old August 19th, 2005, 04:31 PM
villa deauville

mgb
Remember The Planet of the Apes?

SUNNY

S'nd I
XXX

(* _*)

Old August 20th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Jeff

I agree with that! The tiger was just doing what tigers do! The idiots
who trotted him/her out are the ones who should go to jail!

Old August 20th, 2005, 08:10 PM
Jean O'Boyle

"Jeff" wrote in message news:zaHNe.4100$M3.3776@trnddc05...
I agree with that! The tiger was just doing what tigers do! The idiots
who trotted him/her out are the ones who should go to jail!

Exactly, Jeff...the tiger should not have been put to death.

--Jean

Old August 21st, 2005, 04:47 PM
Sumyunguy

I have a dog in my backyard. He is fenced in also. Shouldn't we set all of
them free too?

Old August 21st, 2005, 07:40 PM
villa deauville

There is no comparison of a fenced in dog v a free dolphin.
Under the circumstances you refer to it could cover a prison full of
criminals fenced in . Wanna let 'em out?

SUNNY

S'nd I
XXX

(* _*)

Old August 22nd, 2005, 12:37 AM
Charles

In article im1Oe.54092$084.37325@attbi_s22, Sumyunguy
wrote:

I have a dog in my backyard. He is fenced in also. Shouldn't we set all of
them free too?

Dogs are domesticated. Dolphins are wild animals. Big difference.

--
Charles
Old August 22nd, 2005, 01:12 AM
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake "Sumyunguy" :

I have a dog in my backyard. He is fenced in also. Shouldn't we set all of
them free too?

Dogs are domesticated animals.

Now cats I'm not so sure about.

"Mark O. Polo" wrote in message
Short article quotes cruise editor's view of dolphin-swim programs:

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/desti...in-swims_x.htm

Aloha

--
dillon

Pain is Nature's way of saying "that was stupid"