Memories...Do you remember?

Old October 4th, 2005, 10:14 PM
jcz

This reminds me of when we left in December once from Ft. Lauderdale.
It was getting dark by the time we sailed, and many of the residents
in the big apartment/condo complexes along the port as we were leaving
were flashing their lights on and off. It was kind of touching when
you figure they see ships going in and out all the time.

June

"Dory Samuels" wrote in message
Our 1st cruise was Oct '99 on Carnival's Imagination out of Miami.
It
was the perfect cruise to get us hooked. While leaving port the
people
in the cars along the causeway were honking their horns and some
folks
even pulled over to get out & wave at us. It was so exciting for us
newbies. We are now waiting for cruise #16 in December and have 2
more
booked for '06.

~Dory~

Old October 4th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Jean O'Boyle

"jcz" wrote in message
This reminds me of when we left in December once from Ft. Lauderdale. It
was getting dark by the time we sailed, and many of the residents in the
big apartment/condo complexes along the port as we were leaving were
flashing their lights on and off. It was kind of touching when you figure
they see ships going in and out all the time.

Hi June,
During the daylight hours they are out on their condo balconies waving and
ringing their *cow bells!* ;-)
You would think that it would get *old* for them seeing so many ships off,
but they have been there every time that we have sailed for Fort Lauderdale!

--Jean

Old October 4th, 2005, 11:06 PM
RichC

"Tom K" wrote in message

"RichC" wrote in message
m...
Don't be to quick to dump all the paperwork form past cruises. Our next
cruise will be our 16 Th. on Princess & thus will qualify us for the
Captains Circle as Elite members. The only hitch is that Princess only
has
us down for having 12 past cruises. I contacted them & thought it
wouldn't
be a problem having it corrected to include the missing 4 cruises but

they
want proof of us having been on the cruises. (understandable). It was a
tough job but going back since 1986 I came up with boarding photo's,
cruise
cards, etc. & faxed it to them & we're still waiting for a reply back.

Embarkation photos also work well.

They finally did make the corrections.
Thanks

Old October 6th, 2005, 02:33 AM
Odysseus

Annie, I wonder where she is now or if she even exists!

--Jean

Ship has quite a history:

1964-1967 Zim Israel Line "Shalom"
1967-1973 Deutsche Atlantik Line "Hanseatic"
1973-1981 Home Lines "Doric"
1981-1988 Royal Cruise Line "Royal Odyssey"
1988-1995 Regency Cruises "Regent Sea"
Present: Owned by Canyon Ranch, stripped and epmty hulk. They were
going to make it a floating hotel but never got around to it.

Pictures he
http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/Shalom_Do...#anchor1326634

Thank you. I cruised on her when she was the Hanseatic. It was
my first cruise (that was not a crossing).

Old October 6th, 2005, 04:32 PM
villa deauville

Odysseus
My sister and her husband cruised on the Shalom. I have never seen the
Shalom mentioned anywhere till now. My sister had quite a tale to tell
about her. I have a picture of her and DH at the Captains table.
..
SUNNY

S'nd I
XXX

(* _*)

Old October 6th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Warren

Mark (SF) wrote:
Cunard Princess, Vancouver - LA, September '87.
(Short repositioning segment, no ports, 2 days @ sea.)

Mark,

I'm surprised we never chatted at length about Cunard
Countess/Princess. 5 of my cruises were aboard Countess, including my
Hurricanes Gabrielle and Hugo cruises. My first partner worked aboard
the Princess.

My first cruise was S/S Norway in her very prime, last week of August
1983:
2 days at Sea
St. Thomas
1 day at Sea (at her top speed)
Nassau
Great Stirrup Cay
Miami

I still remember the marching band that paraded and played on the Lido
during departure. I've written about my first day aboard the ship in
another thread a few years ago.

Number 35(?) is coming up in 2 weeks: Legend of the Seas from
Southampton, England:
day at sea
Vigo, Spain
6 days at sea
St. Maarten
St. Thomas
San Juan, PR
2 days at sea
Tampa

The fare for this 14 day trip is just $100 higher for a solo cabin than
the cabin share I did for that first 7 day cruise in 1983. Some
perspective for anyone who whines about the recent fare "increases".

I wonder what the hurricane's name will be.

Warren

S/S Norway (10 voyages including 2 transatlantics and the Norwegian
Fjords), Cunard Countess(5), QE2(2), Galilleo, Sky Princess,
CostaClassica, Sovereign of the Seas(on her old 7 day itin),
OceanBreeze, SeaBreeze, Mercury, Zenith, Norwegian Wind, Norwegian Sky,
Norwegian Majesty, Norwegian Dawn, Norwegian Star, Star Princess, old
Pacific Princess(2), Carnival Destiny

Old October 8th, 2005, 01:22 AM
RichC

"Stephan in Burlington" wrote in message
She last sailed as Regent Sun.

Stephan

The last I heard, the Regent Sun was purchased by Premier cruise lines.