Last minute deals to caribbean?

Old November 24th, 2003, 03:52 PM
Ksu93dlv

Default Last minute deals to caribbean?

My wife and I would like to take a long weekend (maybe about 4 nights) to visit
the caribbean sometime in December. Is there a good place to get last minute
deals on trips like this?
Old November 24th, 2003, 04:19 PM
Juliana L Holm

Ksu93dlv wrote:
My wife and I would like to take a long weekend (maybe about 4 nights) to visit
the caribbean sometime in December. Is there a good place to get last minute
deals on trips like this?

A number of them. I recommend Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands, or the
Caribbean Coast of Mexico (Cozumel, playa del carmen (via Cancun airport))
because with only a long weekend, the ability to get there easily and quickly
becomes an issue (Sint Maartin also has a large airport, but I don't know if
direct flights are available) and these places have significant airports.

All have appropriately tropical beaches.

Mexico and the Bahamas will have some last minute deals available, and the
others might. Virgin Islands and Sint Maartin are more expensive to get to.
Puerto Rico is avaialable via a couple of budget carriers, and if you stay
out of San Juan can be very affordable.

Julie

--
Julie
**********
Old November 24th, 2003, 08:29 PM
Miguel Cruz

Ksu93dlv wrote:
My wife and I would like to take a long weekend (maybe about 4 nights) to
visit the caribbean sometime in December. Is there a good place to get
last minute deals on trips like this?

You can try www.site59.com or the packages section on travelocity. If you're
not dead-set on one specific place then you can usually find something
decent on short notice.

miguel
--
See the world from your web browser: http://travel.u.nu/

Old November 24th, 2003, 08:43 PM
Drew Shuller

I've done searches on site59 for packages to Mexico from Texas, and I
haven't had much luck with the prices. I think that they might do better
domestically.

Depending on where you're leaving from, and the level of luxury that you
want, try www.myb.com, www.worryfreevacations.com,
www.11thhourvacations.com, and www.TravelByJen.com

Drew
Austin, TX

Old November 25th, 2003, 03:33 PM
TURDON

Try cheapcaribbean.com, they also have a link to a travel auction site. I have
only been to the site one time,but they seemed to have some good deals.
Old November 27th, 2003, 08:47 AM
Greg Johnson

USAirways has some good rates for December - see if there's a place that
works. Check their website for "specials". Then find a room, there
should be plenty available until the 20th, or so. Check hotels' sites
for specials, too. It may very well be less expensive than a "package
deal" as suggested by another poster.

Old November 28th, 2003, 01:45 PM
Don Wiss

On 24 Nov 2003 15:52:37 GMT, ntiSpam (Ksu93dlv) wrote:

My wife and I would like to take a long weekend (maybe about 4 nights) to visit
the caribbean sometime in December. Is there a good place to get last minute
deals on trips like this?

You can subscribe to American Airlines weekly Getaway weekend specials. The
e-mail comes out on Tuesday evenings. You have to book by Friday midnight.
They are for the following weekend. You have to leave on Wed-Fri and
return on Mon-Wed. Beware that the quoted prices are RT net, and when you
book them there will be a lot of hidden fees and taxes.

These are for a week away and have to be booked by tonight. (Non-Caribbean
destinations removed).

Coach Class Round-trip Travel
Fare Coach Class From: To:
---- ---------------- ----------------
$259 Baltimore, MD (BWI) San Juan, PR (SJU)
$299 Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX (DFW) Los Cabos, Mexico (SJD)
$359 Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX (DFW) San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO)

$349 Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX (DFW) San Juan, PR (SJU)
$189 Miami, FL (MIA) Cancun, Mexico (CUN)

$199 Miami, FL (MIA) Kingston, Jamaica (KIN)
$109 Miami, FL (MIA) Nassau, Bahamas (NAS) #
$89 Miami, FL (MIA) Port Au Prince, Haiti (PAP)
$139 Miami, FL (MIA) Santiago, Dominican Republic (STI)

$179 Miami, FL (MIA) St. Thomas, USVI (STT)
$169 New York Kennedy, NY (JFK) Bermuda, Bermuda (BDA)
$239 New York Kennedy, NY (JFK) Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic (POP)

$189 New York Kennedy, NY (JFK) San Juan, PR (SJU)
$239 New York Kennedy, NY (JFK) Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (SDQ)
$109 Orlando, FL (MCO) Nassau, Bahamas (NAS) #

$259 San Juan, PR (SJU) Baltimore, MD (BWI)
$349 San Juan, PR (SJU) Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX (DFW)

$189 San Juan, PR (SJU) New York Kennedy, NY (JFK)
$109 San Juan, PR (SJU) Punta Cana, Dominican Republic (PUJ) #
$99 San Juan, PR (SJU) Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (SDQ) ^
$99 San Juan, PR (SJU) Tortola, BVI (EIS) #

$179 St. Thomas, USVI (STT) Miami, FL (MIA)
$99 Tampa, FL (TPA) Nassau, Bahamas (NAS) #