nwa changed flight times, what are my options

Old March 28th, 2004, 03:37 AM
Nathaniel Riesenberg

Default nwa changed flight times, what are my options

I WAS booked on a NWA flight from lga-msp-las on 5/21/04,
departing 3:35 pm and arriving at 10:15 pm(connection time in MSP was
about 3 hours.) I received an e-mail noting changes to my (outbound)
trip, the new departure time would be 2:59 pm, I would arrive in LAS
at
11:02 pm (connection time in MSP 4 hrs 45 min.)
I called as soon as I received the e-mail and wanted to change my
flight
to a morning departure and morning arrival(in LAS.) This change did
appear(briefly) on my computer screen(I was periodically refreshing
the view of
my itinerary while speaking with the agent)--but that disappeared and
(reluctantly) accepted my new itinerary: departing LGA at 4:15 pm and
arriving in LAS (via DTW) at 8:48 pm.
I know that the tickets I purchased are non-cancellable etc. But
since
NWA initiated changs to my itinerary, I think that I should now have
the
right to also make changes(without penalty.)
I've gotten conflicting answers from NWA agents, one claimed that
there is a "one hour" rule, if they get me to my destination within
one hour of my originallly scheduled arrival time (and shorter
connecting time than I had previously) then I have to live with that.
Another agent claimed that the morning flights which were put in were
not in the same fare class and they had to be removed.
I tried searching their web site for rules governing my situation and
couldn't.
Does anyone know what the rules are?
Old March 28th, 2004, 07:50 AM
mtravelkay

Nathaniel Riesenberg wrote:
I WAS booked on a NWA flight from lga-msp-las on 5/21/04,
departing 3:35 pm and arriving at 10:15 pm(connection time in MSP was
about 3 hours.) I received an e-mail noting changes to my (outbound)
trip, the new departure time would be 2:59 pm, I would arrive in LAS
at
11:02 pm (connection time in MSP 4 hrs 45 min.)
I called as soon as I received the e-mail and wanted to change my
flight
to a morning departure and morning arrival(in LAS.) This change did
appear(briefly) on my computer screen(I was periodically refreshing
the view of
my itinerary while speaking with the agent)--but that disappeared and
(reluctantly) accepted my new itinerary: departing LGA at 4:15 pm and
arriving in LAS (via DTW) at 8:48 pm.

You said you accepted the new itinerary, that would generally end this,
since that can be taken to mean the itinerary was accepted by you.
If they change your flights, generally airlines permit you to either get
flights you agree to, or refund the ticket if they can't find suitable
flights. NW should have let you have the other seats free oc capacity
control for the fare.

Now, for NW, you can find this in the Contract of Conditions at
http://www.nwa.com/plan/contract2.pdf
Search for "The cancellation of a scheduled flight"
Generally

a. No flight of comparable routing within 60 minutes of originally
scheduled departure
b. Change in scheduled departure time of over 60 minutrd.
c. Change which adds one or more stops to the itinerary
d. Arrival more than 60 minutes of originally scheduled arrival.

Old March 28th, 2004, 08:04 AM
Miguel Cruz

Nathaniel Riesenberg wrote:
I WAS booked on a NWA flight from lga-msp-las on 5/21/04,
departing 3:35 pm and arriving at 10:15 pm(connection time in MSP was
about 3 hours.)

. . .

I (reluctantly) accepted my new itinerary: departing LGA at 4:15 pm and
arriving in LAS (via DTW) at 8:48 pm.

I don't understand the problem. It seems like you ended up with a much
better flight - around 2 hours shorter.

miguel
Old March 28th, 2004, 10:54 AM
cj

[...]

I doubt you have any options unless you can prove that leaving later and
arriving earlier than previously book is impossible to fit into your
schedule. Have you changed your mind about going on the trip, so you
are looking for a way out? I doubt there is much you can do about it
now. Or do you now want the earlier flight? If so, check to see if you
can fly standby on the earlier flight, or ask the airline to see if you
can switch back - they might be willing to make the switch.
Old March 28th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Thur

"Nathaniel Riesenberg" wrote...
I WAS booked on a NWA flight from lga-msp-las on 5/21/04,
departing 3:35 pm and arriving at 10:15 pm(connection time in MSP was
about 3 hours.) I received an e-mail noting changes to my (outbound)
trip, the new departure time would be 2:59 pm, I would arrive in LAS
at 11:02 pm (connection time in MSP 4 hrs 45 min.)
I called as soon as I received the e-mail and wanted to change my
flight

Here's where you lost me. Why make a big deal about 45 minutes? :-S
Greetz,

*other post has the 'rules'*

Old March 28th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Nathaniel Riesenberg

Miguel Cruz wrote in message ...
Nathaniel Riesenberg wrote:
I WAS booked on a NWA flight from lga-msp-las on 5/21/04,
departing 3:35 pm and arriving at 10:15 pm(connection time in MSP was
about 3 hours.)

. . .

I (reluctantly) accepted my new itinerary: departing LGA at 4:15 pm and
arriving in LAS (via DTW) at 8:48 pm.

I don't understand the problem. It seems like you ended up with a much
better flight - around 2 hours shorter.

miguel

Yes I did get better flights only after I protested the nearly 5 hour
stop-over in MSP. Also, they did have me down (I saw it on the
computer screen) for morning flights--but they took those away.
[I did leave out one "extra" detail: I picked the original flights
only because they were "cheap"--I planned to standby for the morning
flights (which NWA will allow you to do without charging extra fees.)
But now since NWA "opened the can of worms=changed my original
flights" I think that I should now be allowed to choose other
flights.]