Royal Caribbean & Celebrity Select BlackBerry!

Old October 29th, 2003, 02:28 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Royal Caribbean & Celebrity Select BlackBerry!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Royal Caribbean and thought it
would be of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings,
they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises Select BlackBerry
For Wireless Access to Information and Communications

BlackBerry Wireless Solution Helps Cruise Lines Increase Productivity
and Enhance Customer Service

MIAMI & WATERLOO, Ontario Oct. 29, 2003
Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises and Research In
Motion (RIM) (Nasdaq:RIMM; TSX:RIM) today announced that the two
cruise lines operated by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (RCL) have
selected BlackBerry® to help increase efficiency and enhance customer
service through wireless connectivity. With 26 cruise ships operating
in more than 200 destinations around the world, the corporation wanted
a wireless solution that could improve productivity while
accommodating its employees' frequent travel and increased reliance on
e-mail.

"Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises are committed to
leveraging innovative technology in order to improve our operations
and provide superior customer service," said the two lines' President
and Chief Operating Officer, Jack Williams. "BlackBerry keeps me
connected to the information I need and enables me to easily
collaborate with my management team. I carry my BlackBerry 7230
everywhere. In fact, I'll even be carrying it while running this
year's New York City Marathon. I'm running to raise funds for the
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and will be sending my sponsors an e-mail
after every five miles to let them know how I'm doing."

After researching a variety of wireless solutions, Royal Caribbean
International and Celebrity Cruises chose to implement BlackBerry
because of its ease of use, tight integration with existing corporate
infrastructure and always-on, push-based access to e-mail. The IT
department integrated BlackBerry Enterprise Server(TM) with IBM Lotus®
Domino(TM) and distributed BlackBerry Wireless Handhelds(TM) to
employees. With BlackBerry in place, users found significant
improvements in productivity and responsiveness through wireless
access to corporate information including Lotus Notes e-mail and
e-mail attachments, internal and external Web sites and organizer
information.

"Our employees are empowered by BlackBerry, as it enables them to
access important e-mails, attachments, calendar updates and internal
documents along with the ability to make phone calls," said Gregory
Martin, Technology Manager, Royal Caribbean International and
Celebrity Cruises. "We are quickly seeing a favourable return on
investment because of BlackBerry. When employees travel abroad, they
no longer need to always carry a laptop and that provides direct cost
savings. BlackBerry is also a powerful productivity tool that
personally saves me 30 to 60 minutes per day."

"We are pleased that Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity
Cruises selected BlackBerry to meet its wireless data and voice
needs," said Mark Guibert, Vice President, Corporate Marketing at
Research In Motion. "BlackBerry is a powerful solution that enables
employees to be truly mobile with one device that integrates a mobile
phone with unmatched wireless data connectivity."

About Royal Caribbean Cruises

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is a global cruise vacation company that
operates Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises, with a
combined total of 26 ships in service and three under construction or
on firm order. The company also offers unique cruisetour vacations in
Alaska, Canada and Europe. Additional information can be found by
contacting your travel professional.

About Research In Motion (RIM)

Research In Motion is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of
innovative wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications
market. Through the development of integrated hardware, software and
services that support multiple wireless network standards, RIM
provides platforms and solutions for seamless access to time-sensitive
information including e-mail, phone, SMS messaging, Internet and
intranet-based applications. RIM technology also enables a broad array
of third-party developers and manufacturers to enhance their products
and services with wireless connectivity to data. RIM's portfolio of
award-winning products, services and embedded technologies are used by
thousands of organizations around the world and include the
BlackBerry® wireless platform, the RIM Wireless Handheld(TM) product
line, software development tools, radio-modems and software/hardware
licensing agreements. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario,
RIM operates offices in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. RIM is
listed on the Nasdaq Stock Market (Nasdaq:RIMM - News) and the Toronto
Stock Exchange (TSX:RIM - News). For more information, visit
www.rim.com or www.blackberry.com.

Forward-looking statements in this news release are made pursuant to
the "safe harbor" provisions of the United States Private Securities
Litigation Reform Act of 1995. When used herein, words such as
"intend" and similar expressions are intended to identify
forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are based on
assumptions made by and information available to Research In Motion
Limited. Investors are cautioned that such forward-looking statements
involve risks and uncertainties. Important factors that could cause
actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by
such forward looking statements include, without limitation, possible
product defects and product liability, risks related to international
sales and potential foreign currency exchange fluctuations, the
initiation or outcome of litigation, acts or potential acts of
terrorism, international conflicts, significant fluctuations of
quarterly operating results, changes in Canadian and foreign laws and
regulations, continued acceptance of RIM's products, increased levels
of competition, technological changes and the successful development
of new products, dependence on third-party networks to provide
services, dependence on intellectual property rights and other risks
and factors detailed from time to time in RIM's periodic reports filed
with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, and other
regulatory authorities. The Company has no intention or obligation to
update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result
of new information, future events or otherwise.

Research In Motion, RIM and BlackBerry are trademarks of Research In
Motion Limited. Research In Motion and RIM are registered with the
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and may be pending or registered in
other countries. All other brands, products and company names
mentioned herein may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their
respective holders.