Budget Flights (really... better than expedia most of the time)

Old November 7th, 2003, 07:20 PM
KarpMan

Default Budget Flights (really... better than expedia most of the time)

Not sure when you checked but I just did and cameback with MOB to LGW on
March 22-30 and came up with a price of $512 on Continental Airlines... I
think that is a little better than $624 on Travelocity.

When challenging please add the airline

Thanks,

Mike

"be" wrote in message
On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 18:16:29 -0500, "KarpMan"
wrote:

Could be... This site does not access webfares... However you gave me the
destinations but the dates make a difference. Please post the dates you

used
so that I can compare.... or other for that matter.

Cheers,

Mike
"be" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 17:56:05 -0500, "KarpMan"
wrote:

Hi Y'all,

http://www.sunsetdestinations.com/Flights.htm

These guys have the best price on flights I have ever seen. They
consistenlty come in lower than expedia and travelocity.

The other stuff is pretty cool as well.

Cheers!

is $766.40 on your site and $624 on
Travelocity. Not such a good deal.

mar 22-30, 2004

Old November 9th, 2003, 10:14 AM
Henry Hooray

Actually, Mike - your spamming is far from the worst I have seen, and could
have been easily ignored.

What gets my goat is that you first attempted to present yourself as
somebody who had simply found a great site for cheap flights, when of course
you *are* that company. But, worse still, that you then for a while - and in
the face of the evidence - deny any involvement.

So, what do I know about the company that you are so busy promoting? Simple:
that they have a dishonest approach to marketing. And as I know I cannot
trust them, what chances of me booking anything from this site? As far as
I'm concerned, you've blown it. Sorry.

I'm sure you understand my position. And my advice FWIW would be to back out
of any argument gracefully, concentrate on the usual means of promoting your
business, and keep a low profile in all the newsgroups you were spamming for
a while. By all means do come back with genuine advice - I'm sure you would
have a lot to offer travellers - but don't masquerade as being impartial
when you're blatantly not.

Henry.

"KarpMan" wrote in message
. ..
We diffeer on the opinion of SPAMMING.... Report me as you wish

Mike

"Gerrit 't Hart" wrote in message
u...
And it means that you are spamming the newsgroups, which is against all

the
rules.
If one of us wishes to we can report you and your service provider can

be
asked to cut off your water.

Gerrit

"KarpMan" wrote in message
.. .
And?....................

Mike
"Henry Hooray" wrote in message
Sorry to be a thief: I am copying this contribution from the

newsgroup
alt.travel.uk.air (which was one of many that KarpMan, out of the

goodness
of his heart, told about the sunset-people). The sender of the
contribution
I am copying here signes himself as Arne, and all credit for the

little
bit
of detective work goes to him.

-
- - - - - - - - - - -

"Arne" wrote in message
Thanks Mike Karpishka aka KarpMan
look at
http://www.gandi.net/whois?l=EN&doma...stinations.com
and explain why are you the Administrative and Technical contact

Domain SUNSETDESTINATIONS.COM
Registrant
123456 Canada Inc
Unit # 2 - 1010 Polytek St
Ottawa, ON (CA)
K1J 9H8
Administrative Contact
123456 Canada Inc
Mike Karpishka
Unit # 2 - 1010 Polytek St
Ottawa, ON (CA)
K1J 9H8
6132291221
6137481913

Technical Contact
123456 Canada Inc
Mike Karpishka
Unit # 2 - 1010 Polytek St
Ottawa
ON
CA
K1J 9H8
6132291221
6137481913

.. .

Old November 9th, 2003, 10:46 AM
Miguel Cruz

Henry Hooray wrote:
[...]

Well said.

miguel
--
See the world from your web browser: http://travel.u.nu/
Old November 9th, 2003, 04:15 PM
KarpMan

I appreciate your comments Henry and Miguel

Please explain how I own Netfares online (which this site is a link to) and
how I control the 60 some odd consolidators that they work with and how I
will make Millions Spamming newsgroups with the less than $10 per flight
that may be made each booking. My site was registered 2 years, yet I only
added this engine 3 weeks ago because yes I DID stumble across it.

Now if you are unable to see through what you perceive to be Spamming. I
frankly don't care.... Get over it.

My post was for the benefit of those who want to save money on travel.
Period.

Cheers,

Mike

Old November 9th, 2003, 04:19 PM
KarpMan

By the way here is the direct link

http://www.netfaresonline.com/cgi-bi...613860&lang=en

no mention of sunset.... include it in you site and it will have your script
embedded in it and one day when you realize the savings and may get a
little too excited you may go our an deceive the world saying that you found
this site etc...

Mike

Old November 9th, 2003, 08:28 PM
Edwardseco

In article , "KarpMan"
writes:

SPAMMING.... Report me as you wish

Been there...
Old November 9th, 2003, 11:09 PM
Henry Hooray

Mike, you will not have forgotten that your apparently unbiased and
independent recommendation was for
http://www.sunsetdestinations.com/Flights.htm, a site which you undoubtedly
have more than a passing interest in.

Your subsequent (and only very recent) explanation and a link
(http://www.netfaresonline.com/cgi-bi...=613860&lang=e
n) doesn't remove the last grain of suspicion of an involvement of yours;
particularly not the "agycode=" bit. I have no intention of clicking on it.
You will know precisely why not.

Please understand that as far as I'm concerned you are in a hole, and that
it looks to me as if you keep digging in it. Just leave it, eh?

Henry.

Old November 9th, 2003, 11:12 PM
Miguel Cruz

KarpMan wrote:
By the way here is the direct link

http://www.netfaresonline.com/cgi-bi...613860&lang=en

no mention of sunset...

But the agency code (613860) is how you get paid.

My post was for the benefit of those who want to save money on travel.

Please explain how I own Netfares online (which this site is a link to)
and how I control the 60 some odd consolidators that they work with and

What it looks like to me is that you signed up for a cheesy multi-level
marketing scheme where you drive business to their airfare site and you
collect a vigorish on tickets that get bought. They may even have suggested
that deceptive shill posts to newsgroups were a great way to get some
clicks.

Of course, if I guessed wrong and you're not getting paid, then you're just
an idiot, since that means you stole some other spammer's link, and now
you're embarassing yourself pushing customers to them.

Basically, you've set it up so there are two possibilities: Either you're an
idiot or you're a liar.

how I will make Millions Spamming newsgroups with the less than $10 per
flight that may be made each booking.

I don't think anyone expects you to make millions.

The fact that you know the amount of the commission would lead me to believe
that you're more liar than idiot. However the pendulum swings back the other
way when I look at how many indignant follow-up posts I've seen from you in
all these newsgroups, each one motivating yet another bystander - who
otherwise would probably have been content to let it go - to stand up and
denounce your opening gambit.

miguel
--
See the world from your web browser: http://travel.u.nu/
Old November 9th, 2003, 11:19 PM
KarpMan

Same link Henry... one is just embedded into my site. If you think I'm
trying to deceive you can call me at 613-860-8606.

Not sure the hole you are talking about Henry. I truly do appreciate the
dialog and have learn quite a bit form the various postings.

Life goes on and nobody really gets hurt. Perhaps in the future I will be
more selective with my wording and/or sites that I post to.

Old November 9th, 2003, 11:20 PM
KarpMan

Thank you...